Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Having issues with Trial 2 Gold (Starting from a jumpin, perform a combo of any length [3 times]), Playing Fiona.

I get the jump-in part (let's say, j.B land 5B etc...) and the counter recognizes it (1/3) but once the combo ends, it resets to 0. Anyone have any advice to complete this one?

^^^

What I did was perform Anutpada/Time's time-stopping Arcana Blaze (qcf+ABC during Arcana/Extend Force), then simply walk up to the opponent and do jump attack -> standing attack, repeat x2. I assume you are expected to use IADs or moves that restrain the opponent, but this method works.

Idk if i'd call that proto arcana. That plays more like the Cho-Aniki fg (yes, there is one) than an Arcana game...

fiona-ready.gif

...yup. Since AH1. Liese being a close second.

this guy gets how to have a good time

dat j.b

dat j.c

DAT HEAVENS FALL

Ok, so long story short, one of my friends insists I play this game. I don't even know what type of character I'm even looking for cause I stopped playing FGs a while ago. I was hoping maybe someone could suggest someone to me. I've played many different types of characters across countless fighting games so I'll consider anyone.

Lilica. Now and forever.

Ok, so long story short, one of my friends insists I play this game. I don't even know what type of character I'm even looking for cause I stopped playing FGs a while ago. I was hoping maybe someone could suggest someone to me. I've played many different types of characters across countless fighting games so I'll consider anyone.

Do you have a preferred type? Rushdown? Zoner? Grappler? Do you prefer or hate charge attacks? Looking for a smaller character capable of dodging easier or a huge one with tons of reach?

Something to get us started would help. There are 23 characters in this game (who can be customized with one of 23 move subsets each), so it would be easy for us to tell you who or what to try if we knew where to start.

Either that or just pick your favorite waifu and hope for the best.

Or.. since this is 'Waifu Wars' you could just decide based on characteristics you like in a woman ¬ w¬ 23 different girls, you're bound to find one.

But Heart is like the 'Ryu' of the game if I'm not mistaken so perhaps start there. But it's really easy to pick a character and figure out how they work in a short amount of time before dedicating time to them so 'Random' is another choice, lol.

Or.. since this is 'Waifu Wars' you could just decide based on characteristics you like in a woman ¬ w¬ 23 different girls, you're bound to find one.

But Heart is like the 'Ryu' of the game if I'm not mistaken so perhaps start there. But it's really easy to pick a character and figure out how they work in a short amount of time before dedicating time to them so 'Random' is another choice, lol.

Well, that would normally help but the thing is, I'm gay. Like....literally.

Lilica. Now and forever.

Do you have a preferred type? Rushdown? Zoner? Grappler? Do you prefer or hate charge attacks? Looking for a smaller character capable of dodging easier or a huge one with tons of reach?

Something to get us started would help. There are 23 characters in this game (who can be customized with one of 23 move subsets each), so it would be easy for us to tell you who or what to try if we knew where to start.

Either that or just pick your favorite waifu and hope for the best.

out of all the ones you mentioned, I find the "Smaller, capable of dodging" one you mentioned the most interesting. Charge attacks are hit or miss depending on how long I actually have to hold. I don't know how people manage to hold back for 3 seconds on someone like Chun-li and then actually get Kikouken or Spinning Bird Kick to go into a combo somewhere but, that's another game. Rushdown I've never been good at when you compare it to how good I was at zoning, that being said I've come to appreciate rushdown way more than zoning and tried to learn how to back when I played(didnt really succeed but it's what it is).

Okay, so smaller/fast, and you're best at zoning but dabble in rushdown. Some suggestions:

Maori: The zoning character. Like, almost entirely. Above average in size. Bit on the slower side.

Scharl: Good zoning/pressure with normals alone, unclashable chain attacks that also reflect projectiles, faster.

Lilica: Moving to the other end of the spectrum, pretty fast character, less of a focus on zoning but able to get in and out quickly as the need arises.

Konoha: She's a ninja. Definitely fast and definitely rushdown, but does have some projectiles and is among the smallest who are fast and dodgy. Not many characters in this game are truly bound to one playstyle.

Petra: She has guns and can do everything. Also the prettiest. D:

Okay, so smaller/fast, and you're best at zoning but dabble in rushdown. Some suggestions:

Maori: The zoning character. Like, almost entirely. Above average in size. Bit on the slower side.

Scharl: Good zoning/pressure with normals alone, unclashable chain attacks that also reflect projectiles, faster.

Lilica: Moving to the other end of the spectrum, pretty fast character, less of a focus on zoning but able to get in and out quickly as the need arises.

Konoha: She's a ninja. Definitely fast and definitely rushdown, but does have some projectiles and is among the smallest who are fast and dodgy. Not many characters in this game are truly bound to one playstyle.

Petra: She has guns and can do everything. Also the prettiest. D:

Maori is not just a zoning character, it's just what she's strongest at. Her setups and mixups are fucking scary. You can look at ACT if you want to see a Maori who mixes zoning and rushdown along with super cheap setups.

Ok, so, thanks to the combined efforts of people in this thread( 'preciate it, by the way ), I now have my rushdown character I'm going to be maining for practice with rushdown(Lilica) and someone I'll be subbing so I can fall back on zoning for those times when I definitely will screw up my execution with Lilica; that person is Maori(It was going to be Scharlarot but I was looking up combos and other such things for her and to me, all of her normals feel like she's going in slow motion.)

Can we discuss Arcanas now? what are effective ones for the Main and sub I've chosen(aside from defaults)?

Ok, so, thanks to the combined efforts of people in this thread( 'preciate it, by the way ), I now have my rushdown character I'm going to be maining for practice with rushdown(Lilica) and someone I'll be subbing so I can fall back on zoning for those times when I definitely will screw up my execution with Lilica; that person is Maori(It was going to be Scharlarot but I was looking up combos and other such things for her and to me, all of her normals feel like she's going in slow motion.)

Can we discuss Arcanas now? what are effective ones for the Main and sub I've chosen(aside from defaults)?

First off, there's a lot of rushdown-type characters in LM. Lilica is not the only one and tbh she's not that good at it imo. As for execution, I would probably put Maori above Lilica in terms of difficulty with converting and confirming on top of overall combo execution.

If you want Arcanas for Lilica and Maori, the most I see are:

Lilica: Wind, Love, Thunder, Flower.

Maori: Thunder, Time, Flower, Love, Water, Sin, Mirror, Earth, Tyr, Wind. (There's more, but these are just from what I can remember off the top of my head.)

To get the basics, use Love for Lilica and Thunder/Flower/Love for Maori.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Maori could effectively go in, this is Arcana after all.

yea you're going to be going in no matter what char you pick

I feel like you may also want to take a look at Dorothy, since she's super small and has some decent zoning (with traps), but can do some up-close fighting, too. Maori is definitely the big zoner of the game, though.

As for Arcana, just use Love if you don't know. Love is good for everyone. You can pick something else out later when you're more comfortable or have picked out a solid main.

I feel like you may also want to take a look at Dorothy, since she's super small and has some decent zoning (with traps), but can do some up-close fighting, too. Maori is definitely the big zoner of the game, though.

As for Arcana, just use Love if you don't know. Love is good for everyone. You can pick something else out later when you're more comfortable or have picked out a solid main.

To be more clear, Love is STATS + laser.  It's the best arcana if all you ever use your arcana for is EFC.  Laser is really nice and simple to use as well.