Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

It's the best arcana if all you ever use your arcana for is EFC.

Thunder EF?

Thunder EF?

Worse defense, 1 second more EFC recovery, 20% worse meter recovery speed.

2[E] and dash are really stupid though, with a good oki projectile, and a decent Raw EF.  But that's not just using your arcana for EFC at that point.

Thunder is an overall stronger pick, but to be able to get the most out of Thunder, you need to have a good understanding of the clash system, which a beginner wouldn't have. Love/Blossoms are the good beginner picks -- easy to understand/use tools, good burst recovery, et cetera.

I'm curious, how many different arcana do people learn for their mains and for what reason? I only use Evil for Kira as a "main" arcana and Flower for bad matches/changing things up but I thought about learning a few other ones for her just for the sake of it.

I cycle a few (Sin, Sacred, Tyr, Mirrors) depending on:

- how I feel

- what works well against a certain character

- what works well against a certain player

I don't see myself playing Blossoms anymore because I used that as much crutch for the Scharl MU and I don't really feel I need that anymore.

If you only use Arcana for EFC, Thunder's clash on block shouldn't make a difference... Meter gain and health are huge reasons to pick Love. I'm using Love more and more, but mostly play Ice.

Tyr would be good. It was wrong to discuss it, EFC-only is irrelevant because they all have strengths besides that.

Going back to the Lilica and Maori thing, my two cents is to devote time to practicing one character and not screw up their execution, rather than split your attention in case you fail to practice enough. If you're just getting used to the game, Love is probably the best Arcana to pick.

Ice, Halo and Plant are my mains. Wind on occasion. Used to do Punishment Fiona in AH3,but lack of low counter made me sad

I've been playing Wind Saki so much that I have trouble playing other Arcanas without a triple jump. :/ Gonna need a lot more practice time if I want to pick up additional Arcanas.

If you're playing to improve, I think it's usually best to master 1 Arcana at a time.

out of all the ones you mentioned, I find the "Smaller, capable of dodging" one you mentioned the most interesting. Charge attacks are hit or miss depending on how long I actually have to hold. I don't know how people manage to hold back for 3 seconds on someone like Chun-li and then actually get Kikouken or Spinning Bird Kick to go into a combo somewhere but, that's another game. Rushdown I've never been good at when you compare it to how good I was at zoning, that being said I've come to appreciate rushdown way more than zoning and tried to learn how to back when I played(didnt really succeed but it's what it is).

Have you seen Water Konoha before? I think it fits your description very well: very good rushdown, useful zoning, and perhaps the best character + Arcana choice for being "smaller, capable of dodging". When your opponent hits a water bubble, it nullifies their attack as if it whiffed: they can't even cancel it into anything. So when Konoha has water bubbles nearby, it can be very difficult to hit her without hitting one of the bubbles as well.

In this match below, you can see how the water bubbles make it very difficult for Konoha's opponent to rush her down, and also allow her to rush them down without worrying too much about being counter-hit: the water bubbles would most likely break the opponent's combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eGzfKr5V04#t=25621

Holy shit watching that was painful it took him to the second round to realize he could just multilayer...then when the guy water supered at point blank he didn't just throw the guys dumb ass, no he just stopped and blocked GOOD SHIT DUDE.

The Konoha used water very well, it was just clear the Zenia did not have the matchup experience.

I've been playing Wind Saki so much that I have trouble playing other Arcanas without a triple jump. :/ Gonna need a lot more practice time if I want to pick up additional Arcanas.

If you're playing to improve, I think it's usually best to master 1 Arcana at a time.

Have you seen Water Konoha before? I think it fits your description very well: very good rushdown, useful zoning, and perhaps the best character + Arcana choice for being "smaller, capable of dodging". When your opponent hits a water bubble, it nullifies their attack as if it whiffed: they can't even cancel it into anything. So when Konoha has water bubbles nearby, it can be very difficult to hit her without hitting one of the bubbles as well.

In this match below, you can see how the water bubbles make it very difficult for Konoha's opponent to rush her down, and also allow her to rush them down without worrying too much about being counter-hit: the water bubbles would most likely break the opponent's combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eGzfKr5V04#t=25621

That sounds. pretty fun to do actually. I can just imagine how funny it'd be to be able to place a water bubble wight next to me only to have my opponent whiff their normals everyday when they'd otherwise hit.

Ice, Halo and Plant are my mains. Wind on occasion. Used to do Punishment Fiona in AH3,but lack of low counter made me sad

I saw an Ice Maori in a combo vid once. That damage was off the charts. 

there's a lot of people saying to use Love. Is it really -that- good?

That sounds. pretty fun to do actually. I can just imagine how funny it'd be to be able to place a water bubble wight next to me only to have my opponent whiff their normals everyday when they'd otherwise hit.

I saw an Ice Maori in a combo vid once. That damage was off the charts. 

Love's not really THAT good persay, it's just THAT basic while also being very effective.

Love's meter gain and recharge are super good, and it has an excellent toolbox of things. There's no character that can't make decent use of it.

Love and Flower are 2 of the most beginner-friendly Arcanas.

Love:

- 2nd-fastest burst recharge (no need to save burst if you don't know how to use EFC or defensive EF yet)

- great meter gain and meter recharge

- useful generic projectiles

Flower:

- fastest burst recharge (if hit then burst)

- decent meter gain and recharge

- you cannot be counter-hit

You forgot about how dumb multilayer is but yeah.  Flower I think is the easiest but it can build some not so good habits for learning non flower arcana...like not worrying about CH or just rolling your face on burst.

There aren't any arcana that are "-that-" good. It's all about which ones work best with your character or playstyle. It just happens that Love is super well-rounded, easy to use, and is good for every single character in the game.

You can use it until you pick up something more advanced, or you can just use it forever because you feel like it. No one would fault you either way, honestly.

So, it's been a while since the release. Here's some questions to facilitate discussion...
1. What is your favorite change and why?
2. What is your least favorite change and why?
3. How have you had to change or adapt to accommodate changes?
4. Is there anything you are surprised that stayed the same?

for me...
1. Probably the ability to EFC air throw. Getting 10k off of air throw is cool.
2. Other than Chibigawa nerfs, Sexy and Cute Hip Drop not being super cancelable is pretty lame.
3. Without Chibigawa, playing more patiently is a must. I used to play RTSD Cathy but without safety afforded by Cheebs it's just not a good idea.
4. Heaven's Fall still forces standing, so there's still nothing non-wind Cathy can do to avoid a sin setup.

So, it's been a while since the release. Here's some questions to facilitate discussion...

for me...

1. Probably the ability to EFC air throw. Getting 10k off of air throw is cool.

2. Other than Chibigawa nerfs, Sexy and Cute Hip Drop not being super cancelable is pretty lame.

3. Without Chibigawa, playing more patiently is a must. I used to play RTSD Cathy but without safety afforded by Cheebs it's just not a good idea.

4. Heaven's Fall still forces standing, so there's still nothing non-wind Cathy can do to avoid a sin setup.

1. My character is good. Chests get kicked in. Nazuna being shit is nice too.

2. Clarice got buffed. Fuck this char.

3. I get to do whatever I want. Having to change my gameplan of using 6 while homing was hard to do for 5 mins.

4. Why is Clarice basically the same character.

EDIT:

Forgot to add my actual favorite change.

Sure!

1. I am really a fan of the revival of Arcana Blast (Extend Blast in this version). I think it's a great alternative defensive option which gives a lot of the characters with poor defense a little more breathing room.

2. Yoriko's undocumented 6C changes. It makes it much harder to convert close 2C confirms into damage for seemingly no reason. It's quite annoying.

3. A lot of the things that made Yoriko strong have changed - mostly things have recovery added so I find myself getting punished for things in situations where I wouldn't have been in AH3. It's perfectly fine though, just still adjusting to it!

4. I'm surprised it took them 3 revisions of AH3LM to finally address Nazuna's Mirror super. lol

1.Besides Kira getting overall buffs,I like the burst during EF recovery alot. Even if bursting is a last resort for me (based on my main arcana evil), I use alot of efc combos so having the ability to still burst and not have to wait till its full again is great. I'll also just add that 236B having a frame of invincibility is amazing and hilarious

2.Can't really thing of anything I dont like yet. The top tiers are stupid right now but that's about it.

3.I've started using EFC combos much more than I did in vanilla and started to monitor my meter/EF meter more.

4.The overall game still feels the same, just over all nerfs and buffs. Kira is definitely stronger but I still have the same problems I've had in vanilla so I just need practice.

evo looked fun, thanks again to numakie for streaming. it was real entertaining!

900+ viewers and plenty of japanese players were watching live as well

japan gfs though lol, you guys need to step your shit up!!