Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

More Arcana love, and Daemon remains in the shadows ; -;

Not thrilled by the design but I'll wait till we see how she plays. I'm curious if they're just going to update LOVE MAX!!!!! or release another disc . . . [either way it'll be like 3 years from now :v: ]

To me, I can see this as an update (seeing as its just 1 character added which, to me is a "Heart" looking clone with a "Mu-12" oufit style [though technically, a different outfit], and I'm guessing Random Select might be taken out for her and the arcana?) I mean Six Stars! (Need I remind you guys, I'm guessing they're going by its base games followed by updates in exclamation marks, like this...AH/AH:Full/AH2/Sugoi:AH2/AH3/AH3:LM).

Ugh, man, I mean, some of us just got AH3:LM in English not too long ago (me included), but seriously, this? Just hoping they patch/dlc this, I don't really seeing having this as a seperate game, but I dunno. >_>

Well, this Winter, huh, let the waiting game begin. >_>

Random Select is still in -- it's just going to be triggered by going off the select menu (the screenshot of Arcana select shows arrows that say "Random" on them).

idk, not too excited for this. Japanese community doesn't seem to be that excited either and it's gotta be frustrating to those of you who just got the English version to find out that you're going to have to dump some cash on another version...again.

We'll see what they do with the game, I guess. I don't like the new character's design at all -- it clashes with basically every other character in the game and she sticks out. That and the whole no shirt thing -- Arcana has been pretty good about presenting the fan service in a reasonably wholesome way up until now but you can't really defend that outfit; it's too much.

That and the whole no shirt thing -- Arcana has been pretty good about presenting the fan service in a reasonably wholesome way up until now but you can't really defend that outfit; it's too much.

Or rather, too little.

I'm actually a little excited. I mean I just really started playing Love Max but I'd always welcome more Arcana.

EDIT: On the new girl, Her arcana and gauntlets look really cool. Even though I'm a fan of Mu-12, I think she's a little out-there for arcana, but if that's her thing (as in being the designated "WE'RE GOING ALL OUT" girl and a one off thing) I think she'll be fine. She looks like Nega-Heart she'll be some kind of rushdown character and likely if/when this comes state side I'll try her out. Probably won't switch from Konoha though, not after all that time learning her kara.

I'm with the majority of you guys. I'm not overly offended/disgusted or anything, but the outfit is a bit silly. Looking more forward to the Arcana and changes. It'd have to be an -amazing- new character for me to actually switch, anyway. Maybe more people will try the game because of her, I guess? I'm hoping we're looking at a DLC add-on. The HUD looks the same.

Parace also isn't a playable character, guaranteeing I only see her when I want to see her.

Parace isn't a playable character but she does have in game sprites.

Hmm I stumble in here only to find news of a brand new version of this game.  Love Max just landed(dead in the water) in North America.  I really hope this ends up being a patch.  If this is something I have to pay for I will likely flip out.  Also, that new character.  What the hell?

Perhaps I sound a little bitter.  Maybe I am?  Personally speaking, hearing any news about a new version of a game, I just bought, kills my desire to play it.  This same thing happened with BBCP.  NA releases and I have to wait for 1.1.  Just barely after 1.1 lands there's news of 2.0.  It just makes me not care.  I am aware of the irrational nature of this, however, I feel my time is not being rewarded or respected.  I would like for the meta-game to be more developed.  It barely gets into the swing of things before something new shows up.

Sorry for the rambling.

Edit: Yes I know these companies have to pay the bills somehow.

Sort of. Since there's no cross-region netplay, it becomes complicated to use.

Shoudn't the doc be edited to include another tab for region/system versions? Then it woudn't be complicated at all.

I've mulled this over for the last two weeks or so actually. Adding an extra column wouldn't fix anything cause we have all this data that may not be editable by the original authors

Aww...oh well, anyways, I guess it only beats asking the majority who or what has which version and the system they have it on over PSN.

Speaking of the latest version of Arcana Heart 3 Love Max coming up. It'd be cool if one of the new features they added ended being a custom create your own arcana mode where you can mix n' match the special abilities, passives, and attacks of different arcana. Just a random thought I had lol.

Speaking of the latest version of Arcana Heart 3 Love Max coming up. It'd be cool if one of the new features they added ended being a custom create your own arcana mode where you can mix n' match the special abilities, passives, and attacks of different arcana. Just a random thought I had lol.

If only...>_>

I know I'm late but I just found out about the new version and I don't even...

Hell, I cant even convince myself to be mad about it.  Given this entire series's history you'd be an idiot not to expect to get shafted if you live outside Japan or far away from the few people who import the arcade boards.  I know Examu doesn't do it on purpose and it's usually not their fault but it's bordering on comical at this point.

What is there to be offended about so far with the new version?
How are you being shafted? I'm getting really sick of this mentality. Arcsys releases a (near) yearly BB balance patch for full price with DLC characters and everyone is happy (And I think that's a valid business model), Examu will be putting out it's third update to AH3 since 2009 (We can say 2010 if you really want to  be a stick in the mud) and all of the sudden we're getting shafted?

We don't know what their plans are for a console release.

We don't know if it will be a full price release.

We don't know what balance changes or system changes there will be to the game. (System mechanic changes can make the game play like an entirely different beast.) 

All we know is we're getting one new character and arcana. We will have 24 characters. I think that's more than enough characters.

If the game comes out and not much has changed? Sure, I think it'll be fine to be underwhelmed or disappointed. As of right now? I don't think we know enough about the end product to even be remotely upset.

If we look at other companies in the arcade business (i.e. Capcom, ASW) that are doing okay- the first thing you'll notice is the rate at which they turn out new content. Capcom has consistantly put out new versions, characters and costumes for SFIV. ASW has put out new versions and characters for their arcade games too. Maybe this release will help Examu gain some of the funds that they admitted at Examu Cup they didn't have to start development of AH4. I would absolutely love a brand new game, but I'm willing to see what the end product of SixStarS is before I pull any real judgement on it.

Which brings me to a much more interesting idea that I've been thinking about. Maybe we could reach out to Examu to see if they would be interested in attempting to crowdfund AH4? They've stated on twitter that they weighed up the option to crowdfund a port of Daemon Bride, but decided against it, so they must be at least somewhat familiar with the concept. Skullgirls pulled in quite a good amount through crowdfunding, so maybe this idea isn't that crazy.

That's a great idea. It seems to be not so highly thought of by traditional Japanese devs (I know recently Igarashi decided against it for his project), but I would love it to go through. Imagine the heartfulness of fans coming together to fund the game they want, and likely be a part of it in some small way like how funding rewards usually work. I don't know if they'd see it as worth the effort to make an international crowdfunding project, but yeah...

They could even do like, personalized messages from the actresses for high donators in character. A personal thank-you from your maiden of choice? Yo $$$$$$