Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Crowdfunding sounds neat on paper, but from what I understand, there are indeed certain factors that make it unsuitable for many companies. I obviously can't speak for Examu, but if they don't feel that it would be a good idea for a console port, they're probably not gonna consider it for a new game altogether.

I think the concern was more-so that they didn't believe that DB would gain the traction it needed via crowd funding.
I don't believe it could hurt to at least open a conversation with them about the possibility of this for AH4. 

I don't know if I want them to crowdfund AH4 because I feel like it would lead me to make poor financial decisions.

What is there to be offended about so far with the new version?

Namely that we just got the last version.

How are you being shafted?

I'm talking about English console releases specifically, not the quality of the games themselves.

AHF: By the time we got it AH2 was out and what everyone wanted to play.

AH2: We never got it at all and the PS2 port was terrible anyway.

AH3: Really good port but PSN got hacked the day it came out.

AH3LM: Also a really good port, but if you imported it you had to buy it again to play with anyone who bought it for your region.  And if you did buy it for your region, the next game got announced a month later anyway.

Like I said, I'm not mad and it's not Examu's fault.  SixStarS will probably be a really good game and I already know I'm going to buy it, but will anyone be surprised if something stupid happens with the console version?

As for crowdfunding AH4, I'd donate for it.

I still fail to see how this is anyone getting shafted.

The arcade release was announced to be in development, for all we know it could come out four months from now, like what happened with ah3lm. 
If you imported AH3LM you've had it since April. potentially pushing the release of SS to almost a year after the first console release of LM.
By the time the console port of SS is relevant, the consume will have had more than enough time with the current version. (This is coming from someone who absolutely loved how much time they had with a lone version of a game [vanilla])

Tomorrow I'll make a tweet or something to try and get more input on the idea of how the community feels on crowd funding, may as well gauge interest with the immediate community first.

I'm talking about English console releases specifically

Man, this is nothing new. We've fared decently well, I think, all things considered.

Let me tell you about Guilty Gear, English console releases specifically...we got X2 in early 2003 and didn't get another game in the series until Accent Core in the middle of 2007. During all that time, we were playing #Reload, Slash and AC with Swap Magic on 50 lb CRTs. I think Arcana has had it just fine aside from AH2.

edit: RIP swap magic, you are not missed

I would also like to add that the American community, from what I'm told, reached out to publishers to let them know to not bother localizing the SAH2 port because of the technical issues lol

Dunno,

I think it's perfectly fine to be let down by AH3LMSS, especially if you just bought AH3LM USA version (with all the issues that game had as well). I think a lot of us just expected something more (like an HD release or maybe AH4) and we didn't get anything for it.

Again, they're a small company -- they're doing what they can, but at the end of the day, you look at ASW putting out new iterations of their franchises on a yearly basis and with how modern those games look compared to AH3, and it's clear that AH3 isn't really going to draw new players, especially with the design of the new character. lol

Well, in any sense, lets just hope the Six Stars update comes out to consoles one way or another.

(Which reminds me, I still have to finish up Love Max ASAP, with other stuff in backlog.)

---

Update: Well, those getting Love Max in EU...another seperate trophy list, which means, seperate online and leaderboards, sorry guys. >_>

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/arcana-heart-3-love-max-vita-eu/trophies/

Man, Minori's amalgam design of other characters still looks like shit, but the small snippets of her gameplay look fun.

Also, when did Akane replace Petra as AH2 protagonist!? lolol

Actually now im interested to play AH with the new char. Minori lol

Any news about console/ arcade release?

Goes into loktest this winter. No other news about the arcade/console release has been given.

It's supposed to come out sometime this winter. Loctests will probably be next month or so if things go well.

Hoping for more Clarice buffs. ('.')b

I'm hoping for more Fiona buffs. Pls give her a proper anti-air EXAMU and give back the ridiculous j.b she had in vanilla. I'm totally not saying this b/c I'm biased or anything. :)

Clearly Minori became a super hero to buy some goddamn clothes :v:

I wonder why Examu is so scared of making a sequel. AH is decently popular over in Japan from what I can see, it doesn't seem like that bad a risk.

I don't think it's a matter of fear, I think it's a matter of not having the capital on hand to start development of a brand new game :(