Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Here's the change list for AH3LMSSS

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201412/04067100.html

Oh yes, of course they had to put some dakimakura covers in front of the change list.

I might translate some parts of it if I get out of Xrd for long enough (don't count on it).

tl;dr version for stuff I remember:

Welcome your new god Maori.

Clarice still dumb.

Weiss nerfed in a lot of ways.

Elsa communio nerfed...again. Most likely won't matter still.

RIP Ange air throw. We hardly knew ye.

Thanks Keita! I like the changes. I have individual thoughts in the Fiona forum. Petra seems to have gotten some things I figured they would help her with (reloads were too long).

clash - pause during clash will not be affected by speed changes from Extend Force and the like

Haha, Bill and I were talking about that after seeing some stupid shit from Frosty.

A step by step guide to react how I reacted to the changes.

"Let me see the Fiona stuff, don't really care about other characters before I'm playing the game"

"Alright, nothing too different, good enough"

"Let me see my Arcanas now...."

"Luck... no changes, cool. Sin... the EF change is whatever, nbd..."

"Water...

cataracta - removed slow effect

Are you shitting me? why. not like this. dang. ( : | ) ( : | ) ( : | ) ( : | ) ( : | )"

Damn it arcana, I swear to god sometimes you just want me to stop playing how I play. Every version brings one change that just ruins something I really enjoyed doing.

Mannn.... but still cool to the notes.

I don't think 'proration' is a word but I can guess what it means in this context. Can't say I'm dissatisfied with Petra's changes. Not at all, though I'm wondering how much less time we have for the dodge follow-up now.

Really liking Lilica's changes.

My god what the hell did they do to Weiss?

My god what the hell did they do to Weiss?

Made it impossible to anti-air with Rush Greiten, nerfed j.B and j.C a little, gave her better setups with carrot patch and command grab, and buffed her XH. It seems like they're just trying to set her apart more from other, similar characters in the cast.

i.e. exactly what they should have done lol.

I like all the changes that I know anything about, really. I'm someone on the internet liking something!

Made it impossible to anti-air with Rush Greiten, nerfed j.B and j.C a little, gave her better setups with carrot patch and command grab, and buffed her XH. It seems like they're just trying to set her apart more from other, similar characters in the cast.

Thank you for this comprehensive reply.

(remembers how many times I've got someone in the air with it)

Sigh...was that really necessary? It's not like it was overpowered. Wait, nerfing j.B and j.C as in damage or reach? We're talking Jump B and C right? The heck...

Well, I was just learning Weiss so I can't complain too much. But I know from the matches I've had that carrot patch is sort of stiff and Rush Greiten is easy to catch/punish with.

Rush Greiten wasn't meant to be an anti-air, but it was possible to use as one, so they changed the hitboxes.

j.B and j.C had active frame and slight range nerfs, but they won't be noticeable if you have the sword equipped (you should have sword equipped). Weiss' j.C was one of the best aerial attacks in the game and realistically, will continue to be one. I see this as Examu wanting to make her more distinct from other well-rounded characters, so they increased her reliance on setups- whether setting up a stronger neutral game with sword equip or creating a mixup opportunity with carrot patch.

Made it impossible to anti-air with Rush Greiten

This is false... You can still do it. Though her 5A is a stupid good anti-air too

This is false... You can still do it. Though her 5A is a stupid good anti-air too

Does it go under Scharl j.C? Is it good enough to use in most cases? Is it generally better to rely on DP or 5A?

Obviously with some luck anything can anti-air, and obviously it has been made worse, I assumed they were trying to make it unreliable, but you'd know better than me

Now i have to Play Minori with Time so i can make all the Jojo References. MUDA MUDA MUDA when she flurry punches and do the World with Time lol. So Konoha got a Few Buffs from what i see on that Character Change list, Faster Startup on 2A, Izuna Jutsu has increased damage so much cool stuff.

Momiji going ham is not really anything new, he's possibly the best player in the world.

As far as console port, it might be a while. Examu is working on Nitroplus Blasters, they're a small team so that's probably all they're working on at the moment.

SS still gets pretty regular play at it's standard arcades, no real influx of new players from what I've seen.

Since this is the gameplay thread, might as well post tier list.

AH3LMSSS Tier list

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/lite/read.cgi/game/33739/1415348141/972

S:クラ、ドロシー、ゼニア、(あかね)

A:神依、きら、リーゼ、このは、ヴァイス、アンジェ、えこ、メイファン、エルザ、シャル、冴姫、みのり、はぁと、舞織、頼子

B:キャサリン、ペトラ、なずな、フィオナ、リリカ

(S: Clarice, Dorothy, Zenia, (Akane)

A: Kamui, Kira, Liese, Konoha, Weiss, Angelia, Eko, Mei-Fang, Elsa, Scharlachrot, Saki, Minori, Heart, Maori, Yoriko

B: Catherine, Petra, Nazuna, Fiona, Lilica)

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/lite/read.cgi/game/33739/1415348141/974

S+:クラ、アンジェ、ドロシー
S:ヴァイス、えこ、ゼニア、エルザ、メイファン、みのり、あかね、このは
A:神依、きら、リーゼ、冴姫、シャル、はぁと、舞織
B:キャサリン、ペトラ、頼子、なずな、フィオナ、リリカ

ランク入れ替えるような差じゃないけど、

Aの面子の中だと冴姫がすこし下かなー
Bの面子はキャサリンなずながちょっと下に感じるよ

(S+: Clarice, Angelia, Dorothy

S: Weiss, Eko, Zenia, Elsa, Mei-Fang, Minori, Akane, Konoha

A: Kamui, Kira, Liese, Saki, Scharlachrot, Heart, Maori

B: Catherine, Petra, Yoriko, Nazuna, Fiona, Lilica)

Konoha made a huge jump from being one the lowest in AH3LM to being higher. Not surprised that Akane is top in the first tier list. I expected her to be up there since I saw good things from her. I'm also not surprised that Clarice and Dorothy are the top 3. But I'm a little surprised that Saki is A tier. Maybe there's something I didn't saw. 

Dorothy in S? Was it the changes to Tens? She's a super cool character, I look forward to seeing why she's so highly rated

She was already really strong in LM, lol.

She's small, has great damage, solid setups and good neutral. Pretty much a gorilla character.