Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Is there any chance one of the stretch goals is going to be a PS4 (DLC only) release?  I would like for that to be the case, but it looks like there are only 3 stretch goals, so each goal is probably going to be one of the 3 new characters, correct?

On 7/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, mizuiro-kitsune said:

Is there any chance one of the stretch goals is going to be a PS4 (DLC only) release?  I would like for that to be the case, but it looks like there are only 3 stretch goals, so each goal is probably going to be one of the 3 new characters, correct?

Well, that seems to be the case with what the video SoXBa linked. Nothing about porting to other systems for the time being.

Holy crap, getting serious Utena movie vibes from Dark Heart. Too bad we're not getting these characters, lol. Shark Girl and her Skullgirl sister, forever in limbo. (along with Fiona's sister lol)

15 minutes ago, Devdan said:

(along with Fiona's sister lol)

Don't do that to me. As much as I'm hoping Dark Heart is some evil, "LOVE IS DEAD" big sister, I could DEFINITELY use some clumsy maid big sister XD

And I'm hoping the momentum drop is just a pause since we were waiting to hear the stretch goals. Then again, I can't say I've ever been as invested in a kickstarter before to know how these things go. Is it that bad?

10 hours ago, M19Kamikaze said:

And I'm hoping the momentum drop is just a pause since we were waiting to hear the stretch goals. Then again, I can't say I've ever been as invested in a kickstarter before to know how these things go. Is it that bad?

There are pretty much 3 key points one needs to look at when considering growth in a crowdfunding campaign:

1. The First 24 Hours: Ideally, if you want a record (stretch goal) smashing campaign, you'd like to hit your goal as soon as possible on the first day, the quicker the easier it is to tell how rabid interest is in your project. This is a pipedream for most smaller/lesser known IPs, but coming from established properties or respected individuals, this can (and has) be met easily.

2. The First 24 Hours (AFTER hitting your initial goal): people don't like to think of it this way, but there are pretty much 2 types of people who will back a campaign; those who essentially see it as a pre-order (won't put down much more than the necessary amount to guarantee a copy of the product) and those who want "cool stuff" (people who are willing to invest anywhere from the upper hundreds to lower thousands). The latter often come in the early stages of a campaign, with the former usually making up a good majority overall. So once the initial goal is met, the next day will give you a good idea of the steam your campaign will have for the remainder of its duration.

3. The Final Hours: this is where you catch those last minute people who were either on the fence or waiting to see how things developed as campaigns that are (realistically) close to their initial goal or a tempting stretch goal will often see one last push just as things are wrapping up. This is also the moment where the "twilight heroes" arrive, the 3rd type of backer, "Big Fish", aka those people who drop the cash on those highest tiers.

Now, this isn't to say that Dark and Mysterious Forces Beyond our Comprehension cannot come together to rocket the Arcana campaign, but from my experience and research, this is a very, Very, VERY rare thing to occur. The success/failure of a campaign shows itself pretty often, and while Arcana has had a decent run, it isn't showing the signs that it'll go far beyond.

But that's just my two cents.

4 hours ago, mizuiro-kitsune said:

Maybe we'll get 'em in AH4?

There has been a (Japanese exclusive) long term crowdfunding initiative for Arcana Heart 4 going on for awhile now . . . and let me tell you, it's not going that well . . .

It's no exaggeration that SIX STARS!!!!!! could be the series last breath, which is why it would be especially sad if we didn't get all that planned extra content because I would like to see the series go out on its best foot.

42 minutes ago, tokin fuyou said:

a Daemon Bride port Kickstarter is just a pipe dream.

Nah, I don't think so.

Like I said, the Arcana Kickstarter has done well, just not amazing; but it accomplished its main goal of showing EXAMU that fans will back up their words and support such initiatives. Daemon Bride has been long since desired to see a consumer version, but it suffered an even more niche status and underwhelming sales/usage in arcades than Arcana did, that is why it has NEVER received a console port, because no one approached EXAMU to do so (remember EXAMU is just a developer, SIX STARS!!!!!! will be their first "self published" game). We're in a much different era of game production as opposed to when Daemon Bride originally came out, and the thus far modest success of Arcana's Kickstarter is nothing but good news for Daemon Bride.

Honestly, I can see that (maybe after a Daemon Bride campaign) EXAMU might pursue their next original IP through crowdfunding, or at least try to re-launch the AH4 initiative. 

Thanks for the Kickstarter lesson. I'm definitely hoping for some of that Skullgirls level of support (or like, 10% of ANY Melee fundraiser ever...)

Checking the page again, it seems they've updated the tiers. Mostly it's "Beta Version Download & BBS Access and Additional Content DLC Key" and super swag for the $500+ Club

Dat $10,000 Game Stage Background Request tier tho...

So, instead of doing a one-shot crowdfunder with a set time limit, do you think it would be better if Examu took the slacker backer route and allowed continued donations as the work begins and continues in order to get the funding necessary for the extra characters? If so, they should probably have that pointed out to them just to make sure they consider that option. I also know that those on the fence are clamoring for a PS4 port and want that to be the next stretch goal after playable Omega. If they did do the slacker backer, they could cover the console licensing fees by early next year.

We made to the $170,000 stretch goal!  Now that we have a new Arcana, does that mean we officially have an uneven number of playable characters and Arcanas?  I'm also curious as to what kind of "Game Balancing" they'll do...

57 minutes ago, mizuiro-kitsune said:

We made to the $170,000 stretch goal!  Now that we have a new Arcana, does that mean we officially have an uneven number of playable characters and Arcanas?  I'm also curious as to what kind of "Game Balancing" they'll do...

Well, for now we do, but Parace L'Sia is supposed to be Shark Girl's Arcana, so it's only uneven unless we don't make Shark Girl goal.

Welp, we're getting a new character and Arcana, I wrote them a message and they responded positively to it, so I'm really, Really, REALLY hoping we get to vote on the additional pair instead of just receiving Shark Girl/Parace by default . . .

LORD MASTER DARK HEART-SAMA'S ASCENSION IS STILL NIGH!!

If this sudden momentum shift keeps up, getting to Dark Heart will be hard but not completely out of the realm of possibility. Examu is also looking into other sources of funding, if their AMA is anything to go by. If that works out, getting playable Omega, Dark Heart, and who knows what else could happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1986352

https://arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Pre-Orders are now available through BackerKit until the end of October. Additional stretch goals can be reached through combined KS+BK funding totals:
$360K - Dark Heart (CPU-only)
$390K - Dark Heart (Playable)
$420K - Love Prison Geist (Dark Heart's Arcana)

Additional stretch goals for Omega are probably a maybe.

So they separated it out into three parts and raised the price for the complete package a little (from 400k to 420k). As much as I'd like the World Extinction story and Omega (playable with her arcana, of course) to be added, let's focus on getting Dark Heart and her arcana first. Hmm... Maybe I'll get some extra Steam keys and give them away or something. I'll have to see what I can afford to add.

If we can get those goals finished (big if), I'd like to see what Examu will propose next. My wish list has the next goal after Omega being console versions (Switch, PS4, and Xbox One).

Yeah, I found that out to be weird, and thought Examu would self-publish this, I mean, yeah, the original Love Max was published by ASW, but never expected them to go for round 2, lol.

I wonder how it'll still go for both of them again.