Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yeah, until NA release you might have a hard time finding matches in ranking. I'm happy with how many people picked the game up, but we're still a minority compared to the jp players until the game is easier to buy for people in NA.

Finally got my copy (with drama CD, lol). Total newcomer to the series aside from a few minutes spent with the hacked-for-PC vanilla arcade version, and I have some questions.

- What is Arcana Eclipse and how do you do it?

- Are there any other mechanics new to LM?

- How do you disable the animated borders in Versus mode?

- Are there non-command throws?

- How do you control Lieselotte's doll?

- What is a good arcana to use with Eko?

1.)Arcana Eclipse is a special move only available while you're in Extend Force. Their applications are limited but can still be very strong, depending on your arcana.

2.)Yes. Extend Blast is actually a returning mechanic from AH2 but tweaked, it's an offensive burst that's a lot easier to bait than your regular burst. It puts you into EF state and has a blowback like a burst. Arcane Eclipse is also a new mechanic. You can also hold buttons to tech.

3.)You can disable them from the options under display options, as well as a per character basis while selecting your character in versus.

4.)Non command throws? You have your standard neutral throw with A+D, as well as 6A+D/4A+D (6/4A+D is 3 frames, neutral throw is 5 frames).

5.)I don't play liese so I can't really answer this very well...

6.)The main arcana I see used is Plant.

3.)You can disable them from the options under display options, as well as a per character basis while selecting your character in versus.

I already have them disabled in options, and I never see the choice on the selection screen in versus. The animations always come up (though not in any other mode). Is this a bug or oversight that needs to be patched?

How do you Extend Blast? I'm pretty sure I tried the command for a regular burst while not being attacked, and nothing came out.

Thanks. Not sure about that sidebar animation problem, though. Has anyone else been experiencing it?

Game install from disc is over 3 GB, bigger than Aquapazza and more than I expected for a standard-def 2D fighter. Most of it is probably sound data.

Game install from disc is over 3 GB, bigger than Aquapazza and more than I expected for a standard-def 2D fighter.

Where in the options is this? I was looking for it. I figured there was one for the physical copy.

- How do you control Lieselotte's doll?

I don't know if you want a basic explanation of this, or something more in-depth (like how to properly keep track of the puppet for certain hit confirms and such). But I could probably give you a really basic rundown of the puppet.

Basically, the Doll is linked to two of your attack buttons, B and C. Meaning if Lies uses a B or C attack, her doll will attack too. The general concept of moving the doll is to use Lies' orbs to direct the puppet. For example, 623A will tell the doll to shoot across the screen and move away from where Lies placed her orb. Or if you use 421A, the doll will shoot across the screen and move toward Lies' orb. She more or less just has a bunch of commands (orbs) that allow her to control space with the doll by moving it.

The orb commands can also be stacked. So if you place three 623A orbs (example), the doll will run toward the orb and shoot away from it three times in a row.

Also, due to the fact that Lies' Doll also does not auto-turn (it won't face your opponent if your opponent moves behind it).... you have to use certain attacks (or use your orbs) to direct it toward the correct facing position. Having the doll facing the wrong way impacts the direction it attacks as well as movement speed (the doll walks slower if it's going backward).

236A+C puts the doll to sleep (the doll can't attack or move, but also can't be attacked). And 236A will command the doll to go back into Lies' suitcase if you hold the button for long enough.

There's more to it than that. But that's about all I know about Lies / the gist of the character controlling the doll.

Disable anime borders? =[

How can you see Mei Fang's sexy china dress if you disable the anime.

How do you Extend Blast? I'm pretty sure I tried the command for a regular burst while not being attacked, and nothing came out.

Extend Blast is just A+B+C. Arcana Burst is C+E.

No. Extend Blast is more like an Alpha Counter.

It activates EF and has a (weaker than normal) burst push. It's pretty easily baitable so you need to be pretty careful with it. You can use it instead of eating a mixup or just to get out of pressure.

If anything regular Extend Force Cancel is more like OMB (i.e. it's a manual cancel in combos)

Extend Blast is like Heat Activation and Extend Force Cancel is like Initiative Heat. :v

EDIT: By the way, the wiki still uses the old template in pages other than the home page and the character pages, so they end up linking to archived versions of character pages.

I'll fix that tonight. I need to add two letters to the footer of each page lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was gonna fix it myself, but I wasn't sure if there was some batch way of doing it.

Nope. You're free to do it. It's a manual process

<edit>fixed.

Where in the options is this? I was looking for it. I figured there was one for the physical copy.

System option, 4th selection.

I merged the OP for the old News & Gameplay discussion into this thread means it has actual content and this is where we're holding general gameplay discussion. So no you're not going crazy.

Has anyone messed around in (read: translate) the Trials part yet? My Japanese is only so good and I'm just guessing things, lol.

Edit: Hold on... slowly figuring this out.