Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

AH has never been dubbed, so I wouldn't hold out on that. There are a few reasons as to why, but it's probably not worth going into.

Can't wait for both the Japanese and NA release!

Well, that didn't stop A-P, KOF XIII, and even the recently released Jojo ASB from being released overseas on Disc. Despite not being Dual Audio. (I know I would have said the same to last gen titles too [PS2 era], but that's different.)

Er...I was just saying AH has never been dubbed into English, so don't expect an English voice track. It's always been original audio for western releases.

Seems like the game is coming out, so nothing is gonna stop it at this point, I think!

Super excited to see this. I hope we get the Vita version, too. I need both.

As far as I understand it, the reason the US version didn't get AH3 physically, or on 360 at all, was a rights dispute with the European publisher of the game. It's been a while, so I forget where I read that, but it was something like the EU publisher secured western release rights period, and all that could be negotiated for was a PS3 digital release.

If that's the case, I severely doubt it will be the same as last time.

What I heard was that for PS3 physical, Sony's old policy was still in effect where titles couldn't get physical sub-only releases. They had to have a dub for a physical release. For 360, MS wouldn't allow digital games over 2 or 2.5 GB or something like that on the marketplace. No idea what was up with physical in that case.

Yeah, well at least its coming...

Looks like they're either ignoring the Vita version or it will indeed be download-only, though.

Yeah, speaking of, searching this a bit on amazon did show a Vita port physically, so...maybe my previous post is moot, lol. @_@

http://www.amazon.com/Arcana-Heart-LOVE-MAX-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00JXDJSFS/

Oh, and I'd be surprised that there would be the Vita release later down the line, like they're doing for CP here too (at least overseas).

I stopped by my Gamestop and Arcana Heart 3 Love Max was preorderable for PS3 and PS Vita (both 39.99, both come out on September 30th according to the listing)

I see Setsuna, Well, at least GS putting up something soon too, lol. Anyways, the press release is up, but yeah, a fall release is too long, but I can hurdle the wait anyways. >_> (also, lol, how they acronymned Love Max in the PR. XD)

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/04/29/air-dash-into-the-explosively-colorful-world-of-arcana-heart-3-love-max/

Well, that didn't stop A-P, KOF XIII, and even the recently released Jojo ASB from being released overseas on Disc. Despite not being Dual Audio. (I know I would have said the same to last gen titles too [PS2 era], but that's different.)

There was actually a very Engrishy partial dub of KOF XIII made for the arcade version, but SNKP wisely decided not to finish it. (Check out KOF 2006/Maximum Impact 2 to hear one of the worst disasters ever in fighting game dubbing, where Iori awkwardly asks "What's wrong?" when throwing fire waves.) It was pretty much the same situation with XII, where some characters had English voices in the dub and some were unchanged, except that made it to consoles.

I'm pretty sure Aksys skipped on the 360 version of AH3 Vanilla simply because they decided there wasn't enough of a market for the game on 360 in the US. And with the exception of Deathsmiles IIX, Microsoft has never allowed Games on Demand releases for games that have not been sold physically in the same region.

I'm pretty sure Aksys skipped on the 360 version of AH3 Vanilla simply because they decided there wasn't enough of a market for the game on 360 in the US.

I'd be interested to hear the actual reason from the horses mouth, but I was always lead to believe that a 360 release never happened because of the rule set at the time concerning digital only releases on Xbox Live. There was a size limit that could only be worked around if there was a physical release, and there was no US physical release for whatever reason.

If the reason was because they didn't think the marketshare was there that's a bit silly, I know at least two people in my immediate community who did not have PS3s at launch of the game, and had to buy them to play AH3, and I've had multiple times where someone has asked me about the game, and find out from them later that they went home and searched for the game on Xbox Live and couldn't find it. There being no market for it seems like a weird choice because the 360 has a massive install base in this country, probably larger than the PS3s.

I edited my post to include the possibility of Aksys being blocked by Microsoft's regulations. Still doesn't explain why they failed to give the game any kind of physical release here, if its European publisher could manage one on both consoles. I guess they just had less faith in it.

While the 360 had a huge marketshare in the US then as now, its main demographics are perceived as being rather different from the PS3's, and not so interested in girly anime games. The stereotypical 360 user is a Mountain Dew-chugging, Dorito-scarfing, Call of Duty-playing bro dude. There is no such easily defined stereotype associated with the PS3. Its userbase has always been seen as being more receptive and "friendly" to niche Japanese games, regardless of the frequently overlooked wealth of quality Japanese exclusives that exists on the 360.

...The stereotypical 360 user...

You realize that the owner you describe is nothing more than a stereotype, and in no way actually representative of all owners, correct? These people are actually pretty far and few between.

A physical release would have incurred more costs, so I think the lack of a physical copy showed how low they thought sales numbers would be.

For the dub/disc issue, that's an old policy. As far as anyone knows, Sony doesn't enforce it anymore. At least not on PS3.

And going back to the 360 size limit, they did bump it up shortly after AH3 (I'm sure Aksys would have done a digital release if they could), I think to 5GB or something.

And yeah, I'm sure a physical 360 release was just too risky in terms of cost.

Anywho, put in pre-orders for both PS3 and Vita yesterday. And now we play the waiting game.

(EDIT: Oh, did something change with avatars? I lost transparency and general image quality on mine. Could have happened with the site redesign, but I didn't notice until now.)

(EDIT2: Eh, I just re-uploaded it and it's fine. Whatever. Probably happened when the stuff got changed and moved over.)

Get better taste in women.

lol there's no reason that Fiona and Konoha should be bad. Are Zenia, Mei Fang, Kira, Kamui, Akane, and Nazuna all bad too? I definitely won't be picking up Love Max if EVERYONE I even kind of like is all bad.

Zenia, Mei Fang, Kira and Kamui all got good buffs. Akane and Nazuna, not so much. Of course, the game's one that very much rewards playing the system more than the character. Just play whoever you enjoy most and share your excitement for the game!!!!!

lol there's no reason that Fiona and Konoha should be bad.

They aren't, calm down.This is why I dislike when people look at tier lists as the gospel. Konoha got buffs in this game, and her Critical Heart got a needed damage nerf.

Konohas XH got way too good damage off of everything, and it set up a stupid tech trap that made even thinking about trying to tech out of an air combo against Konoha a risky move because you'd eat a raw 14k from the XH. Both Fiona and Konoha are still very capable characters.

Akane looks fine too, she just lost some unnecessary tools.

I legitimately feel that the bottom tier in this game can deal with the top two characters. The biggest difference to me is the damage output off of any random hit.

And I play a character that dropped from S tier to B tier according to the Arcadia tier list, watch me give a fuck what that tier list says, my character is still insanely capable, so are yours.

Zenia, Mei Fang, Kira and Kamui all got good buffs. Akane and Nazuna, not so much. Of course, the game's one that very much rewards playing the system more than the character. Just play whoever you enjoy most and share your excitement for the game!!!!!

concure.

lol there's no reason that Fiona and Konoha should be bad. Are Zenia, Mei Fang, Kira, Kamui, Akane, and Nazuna all bad too? I definitely won't be picking up Love Max if EVERYONE I even kind of like is all bad.

Fiona and Konoha aren't bad -- Fiona just didn't get many additions and Konoha lost a lot of damage. Konoha did gain a real reversal in Takenobori, so that's a plus!

Zenia is S tier; Mei, Kira, Kamui and Akane are A tier. Nazuna didn't get much either but she did get some solid buffs. She still has problems with people taking advantage of her large hitbox and she lost her synergy with Time Arcana (due to Time being nerfed).

AH3 is already a game where every character can win, since every character has strong stuff they can run. AH3LM is a better balanced version of AH3 which allows for much more freedom than the previous version!

You should have plenty of characters to play in this game. :)

I probably would've enjoyed the vanilla version of this game more if I decided to learn to Weiss instead of Heart or Angelia when I first gotten into it, playing her was almost like playing all of my old mains in history of gaming, eventually everything just flowed together while confirms just came naturally. I'm hoping competition is still active when I come back to the states. Mashed on Vanilla for like an hour last night and Weiss and Petra just felt natural and were calling out to me. Hopefully these two didn't take no extreme changes by Love Max that the comfort levels drop. 

I'll post my info later, I have work to get ready for.