Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Weiss plays more or less the same, just her setplay was reduced (this is a good thing). Petra's changes, however, are more extensive and Petra players say she doesn't quite play the same as she did in AH3.

You mind giving me your opinion on Clarice changes as well or is there a website I can turn to? Weiss setplay is reduced? Does this mean she's less brain dead and requires a little bit more tact? I've been having a blast with the game in the last week I had like 4 players at where I stay pick up an interest in it more then I did have followers in BBCP, must be all the jailbait or something. One is learning Saki and Elsa and the other plans to stay with Lillith and I want to point them to a good site. I'm thinking HomingCancel.

I'd love to play some AH3 again so here's hoping a physical release + (hopefully) no PSN month-long death in the middle of its release will give it a healthy player base this time.

You mind giving me your opinion on Clarice changes as well or is there a website I can turn to? Weiss setplay is reduced? Does this mean she's less brain dead and requires a little bit more tact? I've been having a blast with the game in the last week I had like 4 players at where I stay pick up an interest in it more then I did have followers in BBCP, must be all the jailbait or something. One is learning Saki and Elsa and the other plans to stay with Lillith and I want to point them to a good site. I'm thinking HomingCancel.

Sure!

Clarice is basically the same as she is in AH3 but better as a character. Her best utility Arcana, Wind, got hit pretty hard (it's nowhere near being bad, but it's not as ridiculous as it was before), so now most Clarices use Love, Thunder, or Sacred. As a trend in AH3LM, all characters got more HP and damage was normalized, but Clarice still hits like a truck and she can down most characters in 2-3 combos (where as the AH3LM HP buffs make most characters die in 3-4 good combos). In addition to that, her mid-screen and mix-up was improved by adding multiple hits to her slashes and speeding up some of her jump normals. Also, her 63214789AB Magic Circle super can now be detonated as an attack. While it doesn't seem to have that much (or any) invul, it comes out fast and it's an amazing defense and pressure tool.

Right now, it's a toss up between Zenia and Clarice for who's the strongest in the game. That much being said, it's still AH3 -- both of those characters have bad MUs and certain elements of their game they can't cover innately, so it ends up working out.

As for Weiss, her biggest two changes are they 22X has a lot more recovery on it and her jC start up has been slowed down. Her setplay in AH3 is very strong since she gets a safe equip from pretty much every hit, and equip probably makes her the strongest offensive character in the game. With the greater recovery on it now, you can't really raw equip and be safe -- you'll most likely get punished for it. The only real safe equip routes are from ground confirms/combos. She did receive buffs, though. Now her 236X hits multiple times and it has hitboxes during the rush. Her 214X (carrots) was also improved, so it's actually kinda usable now.

Finally, HomingCancel has some good information on the game but the forums there are pretty dead. Hopefully, if the game picks up, we'll move discussion to DL. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

I'd love to play some AH3 again so here's hoping a physical release + (hopefully) no PSN month-long death in the middle of its release will give it a healthy player base this time.

I think we'll be safe from a network outage this time! I think we'll be off to a strong start, fingers crossed!

So I checked out the changelist and it looks like Lilica got a lot of adjustments to her rekkas. Does my old 2A 2B 2C EFC 66 5B 236A 5C 236A 5C 236A 236C 236A 236C Infinite Light, 5C 6C 5C 6C 2C 5[E] > oki ]E[ 50/50 setup still work? I heard Infinite Light got nerfed so I'd probably have to drop one 5C 6C rep but I can live with that.

I always felt like Lilica was a pretty solid character in general but I guess she's low tier now? It looks like they nerfed her damage a fair bit.

Lilica has a lot of new combo routes - she still has some setups with Time, but they still have the same weaknesses. Lilica has always been low tier - her mix-up game is poor and her rekkas leave her very vulnerable. They've improved her damage, given her meterless combos, and improved the active time and the hitboxes on her rekkas so they're a bit more safe, but she still has the same olde problems, sadly.

I'll play Lilica when they make her 2A a low.

Lilica has a lot of new combo routes - she still has some setups with Time, but they still have the same weaknesses. Lilica has always been low tier - her mix-up game is poor and her rekkas leave her very vulnerable. They've improved her damage, given her meterless combos, and improved the active time and the hitboxes on her rekkas so they're a bit more safe, but she still has the same olde problems, sadly.

I'd say she has pretty decent mixup, nothing unreactable outside of Time oki setups but offhand I can't really think of anything from AH3 vanilla that I found outright unreactable. Been a while though.

Her rekkas get the job done and they're not THAT easy to punish, she always has the walljump and Quick Air to make them safe even on whiff.

On top of that she has very good air-to-air abare (Ichi Ni San to super alone was like 5k+ iirc) and her ground combos go into guaranteed fullscreen carry with corner oki so long as she has meter or EFC and set up a pretty strong mixup game depending on the Arcana.

She's no hurrakane but I always thought she did well enough for herself. Then again I always manage to pick low tier in anime games so I may just be skewed.

The thing about Lilica is, she has decent mix-up, but nothing to help her enforce that mix-up. A lot of the strong setup/mix-up characters not only can create a 50/50 or a 4-way scenario, but they can enforce it with either a persistent projectile (Dorothy can do this with her hands) or because of their strength of their normals. Since Lilica's normals aren't super strong, she can't really enforce the mix-up that way, and as you've noted before, none of her mix-up is unreactable. If you know what to look for, you will most likely be able to block the incoming.

Using Lilica's Rekkas as part of a string constitutes an over-commit as well, since, in the case of some 4GCs, you will be open to a punish or you will have to spend meter to make it safe. Her air-to-air is decent because of j.E and yeah, using j.236X to stall or control your air movement is really strong, she does get picked on by a lot of the cast air-to-air if she doesn't have advantage.

She's definitely better in LM, though. Her j.214X (Flip Through) was heavily buffed -- allowing her to get meterless combos with it and it's also somewhat viable as a 4GC option now, since the start-up of it was reduced by a lot. Her Rekkas have less blind spots as well, and are more active, so that also helps her out.

Anyone could help me out with how Maori is doing in LM? Last time I saw something relevant was Rin hime winning tournaments with her

Maori is still strong but she functions a bit different from how she works in AH3. I don't know much detailed stuff about Maori, so I can't give you specifics, but I know she's still strong!

So it seems the regular version and the LTD with the Cleaner Cloth of AH3LM are ready to ship now. However, the LTD with the Drama CD is not ready to ship just yet! D:

redsilversnake - it's very likely that it could ship today. most times I order from amiami I have my game by Saturday at noon, of course it helps if you live close to where inbound mail comes from out of the country (I just woke up I know there's a term for that and I can't think)

Wow LE getting blown up? It's possible it'll be ready to ship later today.

Huh, we now have Arcana-specific achievements rather than the character-specific ones? At least I won't have to break my fingers to dust by trying to do the Akane one.

Also, beating Parace is only a bronze trophy? Hahaha :vbang:

We've heard nothing about DLC so far.

This is only speculation, but going off of the blurb we got about the American release, it mentioned the number of colors available and it matches that number available in the arcade version, so there's a chance we won't have any color dlc (They may add extra colors, though! I don't want to rule that out).

We won't know until PSN updates, or there's a news article or blog post about what's going up on jp PSN tomorrow

i'm not sure. If I'm going off of what we see from the Trophy listing RP is now LP (Love Points?), but the english listing said nothing about RP points.

I really hope that colors aren't locked either, but at this point we're just making wild guesses about what will be in the product.

I think it's likely we'll have all of the colors off the bat, means they are in the arcade version. Remember AH3 only had five colors per character in arcade (unless I'm mistaken for some reason), so anything after that was console exclusive.

wrong thread, im a dummy dumb guy