Sign in to follow this  
tianyuan2k4

HnK 101: Ask Prof. Gwyrgyn Blood

Rei is generally assumed to be the best in the game at this point. Toki, Raoh, and Juda all pretty much sit on the Rape tier as well though, they are all pretty equally good at raping the shit out of you. I dunno what the exact way the lower tiers look, but Jagi is the worst in the game, followed by Thouther and then Mamiya.

Rei is generally assumed to be the best in the game at this point. Toki, Raoh, and Juda all pretty much sit on the Rape tier as well though, they are all pretty equally good at raping the shit out of you.

I dunno what the exact way the lower tiers look, but Jagi is the worst in the game, followed by Thouther and then Mamiya.

And yet I still have an absolute blast playing as Zow-za.

Scoops are not only 3/4 life, but funny as all fuck.

hello, i want to know if there is a way to connect CD in combo with thouther using the fist cancel, i always use boost, but i want to know if is there another way :psyduck: , im trying to learn the good stuff of him, because im tired to play with raoh and ken all the time, and he looks cool

CD isn't *that* important with thouther, just check out recent hige or thouther matches in general. they usually work with 2B into AC or j.214A into \/, AC, stuff like that. thouther is kind of a special case, it seems like you don't need most of his normals at all, the ones that are the most important are 2B, 2C, j.B, j.C.

CD isn't *that* important with thouther, just check out recent hige or thouther matches in general. they usually work with 2B into AC or j.214A into \/, AC, stuff like that.

thouther is kind of a special case, it seems like you don't need most of his normals at all, the ones that are the most important are 2B, 2C, j.B, j.C.

But CD>Scoops/Spear Loop/etc. is soooo good, man!

Thouther has one of the better CDs in the game, so why not use it?

Everyone's gonna be looking for that 2B anyway - use that CD in his rushdown too.

hello, i want to know if there is a way to connect CD in combo with thouther using the fist cancel, i always use boost, but i want to know if is there another way :psyduck: , im trying to learn the good stuff of him, because im tired to play with raoh and ken all the time, and he looks cool

I don't know of any way to fist cancel into CD with Thouther - I too boost into it whenever I don't set it up raw.

raoh top? lol. have you seen any matchvids in the last 12 months? the tier list got destroyed pretty much, only jagi is noteworthy as being a bit worse than the other chars, apart from that you can win with anyone. see latest matchvids for a jagi winning a tournament and OCVing the teams in the last 3 rounds.

raoh top? lol. have you seen any matchvids in the last 12 months? the tier list got destroyed pretty much, only jagi is noteworthy as being a bit worse than the other chars, apart from that you can win with anyone. see latest matchvids for a jagi winning a tournament and OCVing the teams in the last 3 rounds.

so the actual tier list is more like :

god of gods

rei

gods

toki, raoh, judah

heroes of legends

kenshiro

astrals

thouther, heart, shin, mamiya

surprise im in your pants

jagui

and in terms of surprise, this game turned to be more balanced than sf3s, or im wrong?? :psyduck:

rei, toki, raoh, juda, shin, kenshiro, mr heart, thouther, mamiya, jagi That's what I think the tiers are, in order. I think if dribbles were banned, rei would switch with toki and mamiya would switch with jagi, but they are legal so yeah.

rei, toki, raoh, juda, shin, kenshiro, mr heart, thouther, mamiya, jagi

That's what I think the tiers are, in order. I think if dribbles were banned, rei would switch with toki and mamiya would switch with jagi, but they are legal so yeah.

That pretty much sums up my take on the tiers too, Tiamat.

Thouther's main problem is being anemic.

Otherwise, he'd hang squarely with Shin and Kenshiro, imho.

Every time I play this game anymore, it just makes me want to cry - thinking of all the goodness that might have been, given a sequel <sob>.

Imagine: "HNK2 - MvC2 character selection goodness".

With just that alone, it'd have true staying power...

That pretty much sums up my take on the tiers too, Tiamat.

Thouther's main problem is being anemic.

Otherwise, he'd hang squarely with Shin and Kenshiro, imho.

Every time I play this game anymore, it just makes me want to cry - thinking of all the goodness that might have been, given a sequel <sob>.

Imagine: "HNK2 - MvC2 character selection goodness".

With just that alone, it'd have true staying power...

just imagine all the chars

Hokuto Shinken

Kenshiro

Toki

Raoh

Nanto Roku Seiken

Shin

Rei

Yuda

Shuu

Touther

Gento Ko Ken

Falco

Soria

Nanto Goshasei

Jyuza

Fudoh

Hokuto Gemmy

Shachi

Han

Hyoh

Kaioh

Other

Ein

Juda is practically top tier. He has so much insane bullshit and unblockable setups, he can basically run the whole round for free if he gets one good hit in. Kenshiro is good too, but he doesn't have the same level of insane BS. Heart kind of just depends on what version of the game you play and what player side you are on.

it's true that juda is better than ken on a baisc level, but i see way more bounce combos with ken than juda. the setups for juda seem very hard, even japanese players miss them very often.

Juda is practically top tier. He has so much insane bullshit and unblockable setups, he can basically run the whole round for free if he gets one good hit in. Kenshiro is good too, but he doesn't have the same level of insane BS.

Heart kind of just depends on what version of the game you play and what player side you are on.

how many versions of hnk are in the market?:psyduck: , im guessing that you are talking about the arcade version and the ps2 version right

*sigh* makes me want to play HnK again :(

btw jabhadoken your avatar is still boss

Thanks, man! :grin:

I've been playing a lil' bit this last week, and the inevitable visions of what could be in a sequel brimmed as unshed tears in my eyes... for a moment I actually thought I saw Shuu get hit by a fast high punch Cross, TK low punch Cross mixup with my Zow-za.

Mmmm... 2 speeds of Crosses... :yaaay:

...Shuu... :yaaay::vbang:

And a third tier of K.O.s.

Make it Deadly (same as #1), Mortal (the FTKO in #1), and make Fatal KOs the bloody match ending goodness that they should have been.

Maybe they could even make the game play like Vampire Savior, and have characters "come back" with a revitalized star and a second life bar.

it's true that juda is better than ken on a baisc level, but i see way more bounce combos with ken than juda. the setups for juda seem very hard, even japanese players miss them very often.

Ken can get 80% off of a hit-confirmed two-step toe tap, so yeah, that's ridiculous.

...but what really sets Yuda higher is the unblockable bullshit, as Gwrygyn says.

Who cares if some of them miss, when the threat is enough to set another one up, to hit, lol!

CD isn't *that* important with thouther, just check out recent hige or thouther matches in general. they usually work with 2B into AC or j.214A into \/, AC, stuff like that.

thouther is kind of a special case, it seems like you don't need most of his normals at all, the ones that are the most important are 2B, 2C, j.B, j.C.

Actually that has just changed like 2 weeks ago, Hige or others Thouther players didn't used it yet in the trf tourneys but there is now known way to do A LOT of damage out of a non raw CD combo with one aura.

I did some work on this, here's a vid of some exemples of what i got : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yPJ0dYd5I

I posted explanations on this on the Hokuto forum > http://hokuto.freeforums.org/immortal-phoenix-ver-2-t29.html#303

Actually that has just changed like 2 weeks ago, Hige or others Thouther players didn't used it yet in the trf tourneys but there is now known way to do A LOT of damage out of a non raw CD combo with one aura.

I did some work on this, here's a vid of some exemples of what i got : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yPJ0dYd5I

I posted explanations on this on the Hokuto forum > http://hokuto.freeforums.org/immortal-phoenix-ver-2-t29.html#303

Those...

...are sexy as all hell. :cool:

Too bad that 100% is on Zow-za himself.

It ought to be somewhere around [23 hit] scoops damage, yeah?

thanx for the video man, this combos looks badass, i will give them a try:kitty:

Sign in to follow this