Sign in to follow this  
tianyuan2k4

HnK 101: Ask Prof. Gwyrgyn Blood

not sure how to explain how it works exactly, but due to the way the gravity/otg was programed (probubly by accedent) after doing a certain amount of hits you can basketball them. The lowest amount of hits i was able to do was 29 with Rei.

Sorry I totally wasn't watching this forum. :I Anyway, it's basically a gravity glitch yes. Normally the more hits you take, the faster you fall, and the shorter your OTG time. However, for some reason after a certain number of hits, that starts to have issues. The most notable of which is that for some reason, after about 29 hits or so, you can be hit an infinite number of times OTG (which is the hard, rapid bounce state). It's important to note that the number of hits isn't really what is important, it's your air gravity weight. If you debounce someone, that resets their air gravity, which means the number of hits you need to setup the OTG glitch increases. So if you debounce someone after 15 hits, you STILL need another ~29 hits to get OTG bounce state. Even further after that many hits, you reach a state where harder/slower attacks can start to INCREASE your OTG bounce height, suggesting the formula some how wraps around and goes in the opposite direction. To do this you tend to need something like 50+ hits, and then use some slower/stronger attacks to start the high bounce. Mamiya can actually set this up with less than most though, because of her ensnare super. The 'basketball' state is basically combining high OTG bounce effect with the alternate air physics setups. That is to say that some moves change the way air physics work ... most AC launchers do this, Mamiya's Ensnare super does this. In this state, there is no (or limited) horizontal pushback for either character. So if you enter this state while in a high OTG bounce effect, you can essentially 'basketball' the other person by staying in the air and hitting them each time they bounce.

Yeah, like GB said... From what I've noticed, well from playing with Rei anyway, is that the ammount of times you can OTG increases very close to the desired ammount of hits required to infinite. If you do a small combo you will only be able to OTG once or twice, but as the ammount of hits (or gravity) increases, the ammount of times you can OTG increases also. Once you reach around 25 - 28 you can do three OTGs, when you hit 29 - 30 you can do four and when you pass 30 - 32 (deppends whether you used multiple ground attacks to start off with, as it increases the hits but not the gravity, quite missleading) you can do five, meaning you're in the infinite. Because of this you can still land the infinite if you're slightly off the ammount of hits needed, although it's use is far from helping and will probably only back you up on random occurances. What I mean by this is that, say they fall out of the super on 26 hits and you go to OTG them, theoretically you should only be allowed three OTG hits as you haven't reached the desired level to infinite. However, because you're one hit behind four OTG hit limit, the third OTG hit puts you past that level, allowing you to get four hits. And again, because you're one behind the five OTG hit limit, landing that fourth OTG hit puts you past that level and you can get all five OTG's, putting you in the infinite. Random but still kind of related...

I have a question for you Gwyrgyn Blood . Its about Raoh here is the problem: First i do a setup combo and finish with 10x2a, 2b, 5c, 5cd, boost (to get behind the opponent) in order to airspike the opponent i did 8214d. But after searching the net, this isn't the best way to airspike the opponent because this technique only apply to certain characters. (and not all of the cast) The best way to make sure you airspike all of the cast is to "tigerknee" it > 2147d. Well i tried it. But instead of an airspike i get a super jump. So my question is whats the exact way "technique" to perform it properly, without doing a superjump. To be honest its kinda frustrated to be stuck at this part of the combo. So can you give me some good advise? Thanx in advance.

You mean like 214 AND then 8? or do you mean 21478 like in a smooth motion? I do know what tiger knee is hell sagat was one of my main characters! But still i tried it with Raoh endlessly. If its 214 then 8 il try that next time i practise. Any way thanx for the reply Mr.Mamation.

I know what you are talking about and yes it's tricky. For some reason, with the startup of Raoh's jump and the input buffer, it's very hard to TK the air spike doing 2147 from neutral (or much harder than it SHOULD be). You just have to practice it a LOT and get the feel down, no real secret. :/ But yeah, you CAN do it like 8214D but you will need lightning fast fingers to get it as low as possible doing it like this. You can lazily do it this way against a few, Mr. Heart being the easiest.

In some matches, I've seen the players combo into C+D without using boost. How exactly do you do that? For example with Ken, when I seen some players do 5DD,C+D but the C+D doesn't connect for me. :X

some people can combo strait into it (like Roah's close 5C) while other characters you have to fist cancel/kara cancel. With Kenshiro you can fist cancel his far 5D, all you have to do is 5D, 2D, 5CD. You input 2D and quickly hit CD before 2D comes out so it will cancel into CD instead.

some people can combo strait into it (like Roah's close 5C) while other characters you have to fist cancel/kara cancel. With Kenshiro you can fist cancel his far 5D, all you have to do is 5D, 2D, 5CD. You input 2D and quickly hit CD before 2D comes out so it will cancel into CD instead.

5D, 2CD, 2CD for Ken.

I found that out several months back while messin' with the Anti-Shin.

It's much easier.

the tier list is still having Toki and Raoh has God Tiers and Mamiya has a joke tier?

Rei should probably be on par with Raoh.

Jagi = Jagi tier

Sign in to follow this