Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

May vs Faust

Faust- Faust can not Anti Air J.2HS from the BACK, or J.HS from the Front at MAX range. Abuse those moves and he goes down. Bait FB handslap and Swim Super on wake-up. CH 6P his 41236K Pole thingy. Kyle

I played this matchup a LOT against Jewdo :kitty: If there's nothing else I learned, 41236S worked wonders as an anti-TeleportDoor! I'm guessing because 41236X is a meaty(?)

i just usually hang around and watch what he pokes with and see what they use a lot of, if you stand outside of far slash range and they are using far slash... that typically means you can just run up and 6p randomly... all i have to say is CH I always take this match on the ground though... never really had a problem fighting it on the floor.

going to the air is much better option versus Faust... he beats her on the ground much easier than her coming from the air due to her j.2Hs and other such things that rape.

Faust has great pokes, but:Like Bridget: leave them very vulnerable from another angle. His F.5S is great, but leave him open for CH 6P, CH 2HS, CH 2D, CH 3K His 2HS is great but leave hi open to IAD CH J.S, 63214+HS, CH 236236S His J.2K is great but is vulnerable to CH 6P. Dolphins either clash or LOSE to this BTW. Pro-tip. Super-Jump in-to bag, IB first hit, SlashBack the second hit, J.D, J.HS, J.D, J.RR

a bit of a disagreement on match up strategy. Floor vs air. This is very situational. Far screen: i find most fausts do not stay on the ground very long, however they are always using that jk fd float thingy to use jhs before they land. This situation is where faust is most dangerous imo because his combos arent very big but his pokes are very long and can combo on ch. FD break FTW. Inch your way to faust, if he stays on the ground he will poke and throw items, depending on the item he will try to continue pressure after. Defend if flaming trash bags(SJ before they hit fd), hammer, or pan. All walking mobs (potemkin, roboky etc) should be jumped over (getting one of these stops his pressure and they will attempt to keep you on the same side as the direction its walking. Use this opportunity to try to put him into block stun when he jumps at you with jsjk(depending on height js jk jp) so that when you land on the ground you both are close to eachother and preferably you have frame advantage. Always attempt to jump over with a single jump otherwise if you double jump the faust will run with the walker or runner to the other side of the stage while you are in the air and will continue to throw items/poke. If he Sjumps try to avoid the trash bag head and jd (its very meaty for him). Anyways overall Faust has good AA 2k 5k 6p, js jk should be rotated well with j2hs since it will counter these and j2hs will get stuffed if timed right by his aa attempts. It also might help distrupt the timing they might have against j2hs. Faust loves to try to get out of your pressure by jumping as may depends alot on OHK. So throw some 2k ohk into the mix, some jackhammer traps (to catch him at the begining of his jump where he wont be fding and will eat it) JI ex dolphin oki. Keep him scared to jump and feel forced to block and thats when you ohk. Total game plan should be to get close and stay ontop of faust. Remember pirates, may hates bald people.