Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stealthizm

Darkstalkers Chronicles for PSP

I think most people would rather play on a proper setup than with the piddly controls of a handheld. The netcode on that version is rather questionable as well.

If I had a PSP I'd give it a shot. Can't believe there would be a fluent online player base, even if the netcode was decent. More practically in looking for a home console version (which I still haven't acquired :psyduck:)

I never knew how the netcode works in the psp version lol! Sigh, as I see tumbleweeds...

I feel the same way when searching Ranked in DS:R :vbang:

Oddly enough, the game (Chronicles) is easy to acquire if you know where to look.

The PS2 has a complete Darkstalkers collection, with every game and version in the series included, as well as the semi-new character Dee (sprite edit of Demitri with Donovan's specials, intended to be Donovan after his vampiric side takes over). It never had online play and was only released in Japan, though.

Vampire Resurrection got a retail release in Japan on both consoles, but it's the same game.

As for the PSP version's availability, it was a launch title for the system, so it got a pretty large print run and was widely distributed.

The PS2 has a complete Darkstalkers collection, with every game and version in the series included, as well as the semi-new character Dee (sprite edit of Demitri with Donovan's specials, intended to be Donovan after his vampiric side takes over). It never had online play and was only released in Japan, though.

Vampire Resurrection got a retail release in Japan on both consoles, but it's the same game.

As for the PSP version's availability, it was a launch title for the system, so it got a pretty large print run and was widely distributed.

I wasn't aware of Chronicles being a launch title (never owned a PSP.) Or that Resurrection had a retail release. Unfortunately, my first exposure to the Darkstalkers series was through Resurrection. Been looking for another port as authentic to the arcade version(s) as possible. So the PS2 collection fits that mantra?

I also own the Vampire Darkstalkers Collection. However, I wasn't able to unlock Dee just for kicks lol! First time I ever played Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 on its own! Can't wait for Download Byte to try it :)

I own Darkstalkers for the PSP. Anyone still play it? I'd be delighted to add anyone who still does!

I don't remember it having online multiplayer O.o

I had a psp a long time ago with the game, But i thought it only allowed local multiplayer.

On a side note if you play on GGPO then we should play sometime ^.^

I don't remember it having online multiplayer O.o

I had a psp a long time ago with the game, But i thought it only allowed local multiplayer.

Chaos Tower on PSP actually does have Infrastructure online play, not just Ad Hoc. One of the first games on the system to have it.

I wonder whether it's better or worse than on the Dreamcast Matching Service version.