Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyheartxia

[Xrd] Bedman Video Thread (updated 3rd June 2014)

Stuff involving his normals looks good. Stuff involving déjà vu though seems gimmicky... Without task c most of this stuff seems like it could be disrespected or blocked. Most stuff involving task a prime just doesn't seem that strong to me. Yrc is a saving grace for this char. Not sure if that is such a good thing though.

I think that you'd have to condition the opponent to block on wakeup, seems like doing DV of Task B and Task C after KD with those moves to cover your oki.

Edit: I mean start with combos doing this, then condition him and then go for crazier ones.

I think the video is good because it has a lot of options covered in a video that is longer than the standard 2 or 3 minute video.  I remember trying jump K and jump D but never exploring it further.  It was also good to see some things I had been thinking about but haven't tried yet.  Even if yrc is the saving grace.....you should always have meter just based on the fact that you're moving forward.  If you're backpeddling the whole match, then you won't have a chance to set anything up unless you're good at IB'ing. lol  

This Bedman make all the ones I've seen so far 2x slower.

This guy is frantic. I love it. What's his name?

Edit: Someone told me it's Shi-u.

This Bedman make all the ones I've seen so far 2x slower.

This guy is frantic. I love it. What's his name?

It's しぅ

I tried a few translation sites...it translates the first character as "Shi" but the second character they all fail to translate, not sure why. Can anyone help with the name?

Edit: Got more videos of him:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25136378

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25146127

He also competes in this 21on21 back from August:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24460918

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24460985

Big Shi with a small u next to it adds up to Shu as his name. Japanese has to do it that way when they don't have a character for that consonant-vowel syllable pairing. There are times where they'll do it with the ya, yu, or yo character instead of the vowel character, though, so maybe that's why the autotranslator was confused. Edit: Looked into it again to refresh my memory, and yeah, Shu is usually written with big Shi and small Yu, as opposed to big Shi and small U, so that's definitely the source of confusion.

j.S has always been able to combo into air task C, its just not practical because your usually not high and close enough to your opponent to get it to hit. Someone in the combo thread posted a grab combo on Bedman himself that ended with j.S>j.236HS

j.S has always been able to combo into air task C, its just not practical because your usually not high and close enough to your opponent to get it to hit. Someone in the combo thread posted a grab combo on Bedman himself that ended with j.S>j.236HS

I don't know, the combo he did looked like one that should be doable pretty consistently...yet I haven't seen anyone else do it pre-patch and I've watched tons of Bedman videos.

You can get this combo to work decently right now that is kinda like a bootleg 1.1 combo that goes xx>1H>RRC>c.S>sj.PS>j.236HS. If anything changed, j.236H has either a different knockdown animation or is just all around more +, cux I cant get 2P to connect after it

If google can handle simple words, his name is Moon, and he probably has the best 1.1 Bedman I've seen so far. Air task C combos look legit, but he only did it on Millia

Hate to be the guy, but it's "Mun".

From what I saw he's by all means strong, but I think Shu is just better when it comes to "getting the character", and Tsubu before him. I could notice some mid level mistakes like firing off seals at the worst ranges when Mun was playing. Though I gotta admit that he brought a few interesting combos to the table.

This was just based off current 1.1 footage. I havnt seen any other GOOD Bedman players in 1.1 yet, and seein one that has worked out all the combo theory is great to have thus early. If we get some Shu or Tsubu footage I might change my mind, but till then.

Also, anyone notice the angle that j.236S knocks down now? My dreams of midscreen tk236S combos is dead, but corner might be a thing still. Wonder if you could even loop it...

This was just based off current 1.1 footage. I havnt seen any other GOOD Bedman players in 1.1 yet, and seein one that has worked out all the combo theory is great to have thus early. If we get some Shu or Tsubu footage I might change my mind, but till then.

Also, anyone notice the angle that j.236S knocks down now? My dreams of midscreen tk236S combos is dead, but corner might be a thing still. Wonder if you could even loop it...

Shu footage was already posted from 1.1. It's on youtube.

I'm pretty sure that was 5HS>2HS, and yeah, both 1 and 2HS have the same startup but different recoveries. Finally seeing 2HS jc on block makes me REALLY happy cuz of dat R.I.S.C.

Also, just an assumption for now, but vs that I-no, he did a crossup 6HS and she wiffed a 6HS, so that hopefully means that 6HS grab invul stayed. If so, 6HS YRC mixup is gonna be so real.