Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[P4U2] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) General Discussion

So far I've only gotten this combo to work (5A>5AA>2B>5B>2AB>214A>4A>4AB>2A>5B (1 Hit) >2B>2AB>214B>4B>4A) if I swap out 214A>4A with 214A> Delay 4B

Interestingly enough, it does more damage, but I've also only gotten it to work when it inadvertently sideswaps.

combo i did for challenge 25 is ch 214214a>5c>burst>2c>2d>c teleport>5aa>2b>sweep>214b>4b>dp>236236c>dp>214214a for 8007

Part of me is disappointed that p.Sho seems to have so much more than regular Sho, but w/e. I really liked the idea of whooping people in Persona using a persona-less character.

I haven't made up my mind yet on how viable it might be, but I've been experimenting with survival knife / teleport crossup. Anybody else thought to try this?

Part of me is disappointed that p.Sho seems to have so much more than regular Sho, but w/e. I really liked the idea of whooping people in Persona using a persona-less character.

I haven't made up my mind yet on how viable it might be, but I've been experimenting with survival knife / teleport crossup. Anybody else thought to try this?

I've actually gotten quite a few people with that, especially when they're in the corner. It could be week 1 syndrome so I don't know if it'll be worth it in the long run.

I'm mostly having problems with people jumping at me. 2b doesn't seem to be the best anti air, and at most heights hard to combo off of.

Sup guys. Just played my first few online games and I pretty much lost them all. I have no clue what to do in neutral except mash A >_>

To be fair this is the first fighter I've even really played. I'm checking out the beginner guide on the site but some tips form you guys would be great as well.

I've actually gotten quite a few people with that, especially when they're in the corner. It could be week 1 syndrome so I don't know if it'll be worth it in the long run.

Yeah, a few people caught on to it. I still think it has viability, but it might not be quite what I was hoping for.

5A>5AA>2B>5B>2AB>214A>4A>4AB>2A>5B (1 Hit) >2B>2AB>214B>4B>4A

I see this combo listed in the combo thread, but I can't for the life of me get this to work. Has anyone else? The 2A always seems to drop.

I might be wrong but i'm doing the exact same combo but with 214B,4B,4AB instead and it works just fine. You just have to slightly delay the 4B and you're good.

I'd rather save meter for those phat 4-5k combos to close out a match. His conversion is ridiculous off of any starter, meter or OMB gets you 3.5+ off a 5a starter and 4k+ from a b starter, and if you combine them you're breaking 5k easy.

Need help with connecting 2AB > 214B > 4B > 4AB > 2A > etc.  

This. I've been doing raw 214B < 4B < 4AB in training mode but I can't get the timing for it at all.

I think if you do it raw it doesn't launch them high enough, you probably need the sweep.  I'm having trouble with that combo too, no matter how long I delay the 4B they hit they recover before 2A can hit.

I'm having a hard time with a lot of the confirms for this dude.  I've been trying to do 5D/2D AA 236C/D 2A but can't get 2A to land.  I know it needs to be counter hit most likely but that isn't helping me much lol.  The 236236C followups are getting me too.  I can land a 5A or 5B but anything after drops.  

I think 5a after 236c/d is more stable anyway, then if you can't follow up after 5b, then it might be hitstun decay.

In lighter news, MU threads are up!

5a is more stable if you can get the proper height all the time, 2a is kinda weird because you need to dash 2a sometimes and even slight delay

just wanna make sure, you're doing 5b 1 hit and not 2 hit right? if stuff drops after 5b(1) then yeah it's hitstun decay

Assuming you mean my query about the 236236C followups, yeah both hits of 5B connect.  Anything after that seems to wiff but I'll chalk that up to execution because if I do 5C instead of 5B I can continue.

I think I'm completely lost with the xxx 2AB 214B 4B 4AB 2A stuff, I have no idea how long I need to delay 4B for because they always seem to be too low for 2A to hit after 4AB no matter how late.

you only do 5b 1 hit because the second hit causes down on air hit. so midscreen its usually something like 5aa>5b(2)>5c>214b>4b>dp(2)>j.236236c>dash 5b(1)>5c>214b>4b>4a

sweep>214a>4a>delay 4ab>2a is much more reliable for that route but it's not worth using over c wave super combos

Do you leave out 2B in the early part (ie: 5AA>2B>5B>5C) because it causes hitstun decay?  Cause if you use 2B shouldn't it drag you close enough to the corner to make the dash easier?  I haven't tried it myself but I'm probably about to.  

in my opinion it's usually safer to leave 2b out due to the lack of horizontal range and it really doesn't move you forward much at all but yeah it also messes with the hitstun decay a bit

You're the fucking best.  Thanks to you I just got 

5aa>5b(2)>5c>214b>4b>dp(2)>j.236236c>dash 5b(1)>5c>214b>4b>4a

To work.  I can only get it midscreen about half the time but I'll work on it.  Thanks a bunch.

also for tsukuyomi pickup, off an anti air 5d/2d you're not guaranteed anything after hitting with the teleport because it's pretty height dependent but if you do hit high enough you most likely need to dash 2a

I was doing some testing with the 214B, 4B, 4AB, 2A route, and I was unable to execute it on Sho/Minazuki, Yukiko and Kanji.

I'm not discounting the chance that I'm shit, but at the same time, on characters that I was able to do it to, I was doing it pretty consistently. Does anyone else have any insight on this?