Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[P4U2] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) General Discussion

When it would fail on the Sho's and Yukiko, it would generally not reach them, and a microdash into 2A is kinda inconceivable to perform there. On Kanji, he just always seemed to hit the ground fast, and I mean, he is logically the heaviest character, so it's not surprising.

So regarding the Minazuki wiki:

• Low damage without resources

Are you guys sure this accurate? Minazuki can dish out 2.6k damage via a meterless combo. That's more then 80% of the cast can manage, and when you take his range and damage into account, he probably has the best range:damage ratio in the game. By comparison, Narukami is a character who can barely crack 1.9k without meter or corner. If Minazuki has low damage without resources, then Narukami's damage without resources (along with most of the cast) is downright abysmal...

A better con would be to state that he has slower than average close range normals. 

I'd also maybe mention that he's susceptible to Persona Break.

Wow I didn't think Minazuki would be this execution heavy. His comfims are pretty specific and take damn near perfect timing. Training mode is really your only friend for him.

Wow I didn't think Minazuki would be this execution heavy. His comfims are pretty specific and take damn near perfect timing. Training mode is really your only friend for him.

Honestly I feel like the only tough execution is the 214B> 4B> 4AB> 2A

I've almost got it down consistently online with 2 bar connections. 

Other then that I feel like most of his BnBs are pretty simple.

Hey guys don't forget the MU threads are up and functional.

Honestly I feel like the only tough execution is the 214B> 4B> 4AB> 2A

I've almost got it down consistently online with 2 bar connections. 

Other then that I feel like most of his BnBs are pretty simple.

2B and the teleport pickups are a bit meh. I exaggerated a bit but I still felt he would be more one dimensional. Ain't got shit on hiretotsu loop tho

So for shits and giggles I tested to see what his counter super can work on, and the only real nutty one I found was with Kanji's DP. It cancels his out, but neither character gets hit and it leaves you at a disadvantage, so don't do it at all.

Also works on Teddie's Circus Bear but it counts as an air knockdown, so that's nice to know I guess.

The combo does not work on Yukiko, The Shos, and Kanji.

There exists two versions, but they follow the same path. The only difference is their timings.

Midscreen: 5AA 2B 5B 2AB 214B 4B 4AB 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A  3346 damage

or 5AA 2B 5B 2AB 214A 4A 4AB 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A  3278 damage

Corner: 5AA 5B 2B 5C 2AB 214B 4B 4AB 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A 3538 damage

or 5AA 5B 2B 5C 2AB 214A 4A 4AB 2A 5B(1) 2B 2AB 214B 4B 4A 3475 damage

It's a matter of preference over what timing you find easier, but the key for both is to do the 4AB as late as possible. That's really it, there is no other trick. Play with the timing.

Also be aware 2A will -never- pick up Sho or P.Sho from teleport, and that 2B 2AB does not work on them either.

I found that the 2d fc combo does not work on Akihiko.

No matter how I adjusted it I could not get 2b (1) > 5c to connect on him. So the combo has to go 2b (1) > 5d on him.

If anyone has any better luck, let me know.

What's a good punish off a baited burst for both meter/meterless midscreen and corner?

I tried doing AA 2AA > 5D > dash 2A > 5C(1) > 2C > 2AB > ender for midscreen but it seems hard to connect 2A depending on the height where the burst occurred.

Otherwise I would go for 5B(1) > 5C > 214B > 4B > 4B just to be safe but the damage isn't that great...

welp AA 5AA

So regarding the Minazuki wiki:

• Low damage without resources

Are you guys sure this accurate? Minazuki can dish out 2.6k damage via a meterless combo. That's more then 80% of the cast can manage, and when you take his range and damage into account, he probably has the best range:damage ratio in the game. By comparison, Narukami is a character who can barely crack 1.9k without meter or corner. If Minazuki has low damage without resources, then Narukami's damage without resources (along with most of the cast) is downright abysmal...

A better con would be to state that he has slower than average close range normals. 

I'd also maybe mention that he's susceptible to Persona Break.

Minazuki does have low damage without resources. The highest I can think of... without any special conditions, would be in the corner, off a good confirm, which leads to about 2.5k. The biggest issue isn't necessarily his damage, it's just the conditions to actually get into his higher damage options, because he DOES have them.

Conditions like hitting people with 2B while they're airborne at just the right height to pick them up after the second hit. CH someone on a 2D or j.2D, but once again, at just the right aerial height to catch them before teching. A lot of his combos may be viable, and even reliable, but they're quite inflexible.

What's a good punish off a baited burst for both meter/meterless midscreen and corner?

I tried doing AA 2AA > 5D > dash 2A > 5C(1) > 2C > 2AB > ender for midscreen but it seems hard to connect 2A depending on the height where the burst occurred.

Otherwise I would go for 5B(1) > 5C > 214B > 4B > 4B just to be safe but the damage isn't that great...

If you want to be safe, 5AA 5C 5B(1) 2B(1) 5C 214B 4B 4A. Or just go straight into 5C. Or if you're really good, 5AA 5D 236C/D 2A combo.

If you want to be safe, 5AA 5C 5B(1) 2B(1) 5C 214B 4B 4A. Or just go straight into 5C. Or if you're really good, 5AA 5D 236C/D 2A combo.

Alright, thanks!

Minazuki does have low damage without resources. The highest I can think of... without any special conditions, would be in the corner, off a good confirm, which leads to about 2.5k. The biggest issue isn't necessarily his damage, it's just the conditions to actually get into his higher damage options, because he DOES have them.

Conditions like hitting people with 2B while they're airborne at just the right height to pick them up after the second hit. CH someone on a 2D or j.2D, but once again, at just the right aerial height to catch them before teching. A lot of his combos may be viable, and even reliable, but they're quite inflexible.

But doesn't this combo 

-5A>5AA>5B>2B>5C>214B>4B>B+D>j.B+D

Deal 2.6k, regardless of your location? 

-5A>5AA>5B>2B>5C>214B>4B>4B

Deals 2.2k, doesn't require blue life and causes knockdown. The Japanese wiki (to my knowledge) makes no mention his damage without resources being low either. He easily confirm into Flash Fang which does a lot of damage on its own. If you do a simple comparison, his meterless damage is actually quite a bit higher than most of the characters in the game. The only character with comparable damage is Akihiko (who admittedly deals more damage) but he's got way less range. Literally no other character can compare, his damage:range ratio is top class. 

Once again, if Minazuki has low damage without resources than 90% of the cast has abysmal damage without resources. What would be the point in stating that most of the characters in the cast have low damage without resources? It's all relative, and it should be consistent. 

I'm interested on picking up Minazuki as a sub. Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to start and basic combos to practice for him?

quick question i have a idea of what i think minazuki's game plan is supposed to be but what do u guys think its supposed to be, how do u play him. generally, i understand matchups change game plans but whats u guys genereal game plan against a majority of the cast.

i think hes supposed to be in someones face and harass with good normals and safe block strings ie backdash5a 214a/b-4b, block airbackdash anti surface dp , after they respect the block string and try to jump out or evasive action. dp, etc do something other than block u can hit em with command crab after they start dodgeing command grab with jumps or dp go back to abusing with normals and or yomi air throw rinse wash repeat,,

conditioning and good spaceing the character

am i mistaken or do u guys have a different viewpoint on this

Make them respect with a finely spaced 5a / j.b after that challenge their respect a bit by getting in close with teleports and grabs, then figure out their adaptability from there. The least patient they are, the easier it is.

How tight is Minazuki's warp to his 5A? Can you like dash to them in time to land the 5A without a counter hit or is it heavily distance based?

I'd like to know what's the max range I can follow a warp with the 5A since I've been finding it a little bit inconsistent.

you've got plenty of time to dash 5a on crouch hit, but if it's a standing hit it's much tighter but still enough to buffer a dash 5a to combo off it

generally speaking it's better to buffer a dash for good measure

i'm still really struggling with 2AB>214B>4B>4AB>2A

just so i'm clear - i'm not delaying the 4AB, right? only the 4B?

you've got plenty of time to dash 5a on crouch hit, but if it's a standing hit it's much tighter but still enough to buffer a dash 5a to combo off it

generally speaking it's better to buffer a dash for good measure

When should you start buffering the 5A? I've been trying to do xx > 236C > microdash 5A > 5B(1) > 2B > xx for awhile and I'm not having any luck.