Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[P4U2] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) General Discussion

mid combo you can buffer it a little before you land, usually isn't necessary though

if you want to be a little safer dash 2a is a bit more consistent

Been playing Minazuki for a while now. Honestly, I like that he's so simple that even a craptastic player like me can get a feel for him. He's pretty flashy, but has a very simplistic moveset that makes him much more ideal (for me) to learn the game with than Yu ever was. Admittedly I am still in the "mashy phase" but I've been slowly trying to learn from everything I've done and get rid of the habit.

For instance, I was furiously (pun semi-intended) going for his BD which, as I've quickly learned, is a terrible idea. It's a decent reversal but it seems to lose to a lot of others like Yu, Akihiko and even Adachi's own BD (and a lot of others I most likely have not had used on me). It clashes with them too often which cancels it out and opening you up for damage.

Still I love the character and would love to learn to use him much better. So I would humbly ask for some advice on some things:

-5D/j.D/j.2D. What is the best way to utilize them and when? 5D and j.D feel more like combo filler to me while I think j.2D is best used from far away against say zoners, but would like clarification. In addition, since I know the most common follow-up to it is 236/j.236C/D what is a simple combo to go with it? Please note that I am pretty terrible at combo execution but just something to get me started would be most appreciated.

-I've been doing his challenges to get the hang of the timing. So far, my favorite thing to do is something like 5AA>5B>5C>214B>4B>4B. Although that one induced a yellow beat so I should probably switch it to 214A>4A>4A instead. But from what I heard, you could technically throw in 2B and 2AB in there as well. So could you recommend where I should be using them to try and maximize damage and how tight timing is?

-Blood and SP Drains are his throws but when is the best time to use them?

That's it for now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Been playing Minazuki for a while now. Honestly, I like that he's so simple that even a craptastic player like me can get a feel for him. He's pretty flashy, but has a very simplistic moveset that makes him much more ideal (for me) to learn the game with than Yu ever was. Admittedly I am still in the "mashy phase" but I've been slowly trying to learn from everything I've done and get rid of the habit.

For instance, I was furiously (pun semi-intended) going for his BD which, as I've quickly learned, is a terrible idea. It's a decent reversal but it seems to lose to a lot of others like Yu, Akihiko and even Adachi's own BD (and a lot of others I most likely have not had used on me). It clashes with them too often which cancels it out and opening you up for damage.

Still I love the character and would love to learn to use him much better. So I would humbly ask for some advice on some things:

-5D/j.D/j.2D. What is the best way to utilize them and when? 5D and j.D feel more like combo filler to me while I think j.2D is best used from far away against say zoners, but would like clarification. In addition, since I know the most common follow-up to it is 236/j.236C/D what is a simple combo to go with it? Please note that I am pretty terrible at combo execution but just something to get me started would be most appreciated.

-I've been doing his challenges to get the hang of the timing. So far, my favorite thing to do is something like 5AA>5B>5C>214B>4B>4B. Although that one induced a yellow beat so I should probably switch it to 214A>4A>4A instead. But from what I heard, you could technically throw in 2B and 2AB in there as well. So could you recommend where I should be using them to try and maximize damage and how tight timing is?

-Blood and SP Drains are his throws but when is the best time to use them?

That's it for now. Thanks a lot in advance.

5AA > 2B > 5B > 5C > 214B > 4B > 4B works and you can cancel the first 4B into DP > j.DP for extra damage if you aren't scared of the blue health

replace the 5C with sweep if you want to do the 214B > 4B > 4AB > 2A extension

start mixing in your command grabs once you've made them respect your pressure and your blockstrings

hit 5A a lot

I can't pick up anybody with Minazuki's 2A in combos (Like the 214B>4B>4AB). They recover, or its yellow every time. Even mashing doesn't give me a combo. What am I doing wrong?

I can't pick up anybody with Minazuki's 2A in combos (Like the 214B>4B>4AB). They recover, or its yellow every time. Even mashing doesn't give me a combo. What am I doing wrong?

you're either:

1.) doing 4AB too early

or

2.) doing 2A too late

if you do 4AB too early, they tech before you land and are able to pick them up with 2A; if you do 2A too late, they tech and the 2A whiffs

don't try and mash it out because that won't work. just grind it out and get a feel for how late you need to delay the 4AB, that's the harder part. once you figure that out, the actual 2A pickup is easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-3FcK_1jok

i recorded this, apologies for the poor quality cause i have no capture card

notice the height at which i do the 4AB - you have to delay it for longer than it feels like you have to delay it

I can almost guarantee I am hitting the 4AB too early. Thanks for both telling me its a problem, AND providing a video example of why I'm messing up.

I can almost guarantee I am hitting the 4AB too early. Thanks for both telling me its a problem, AND providing a video example of why I'm messing up.

yeah, it's a tricky link. i spent pretty much a whole day just learning that one extension lol

you'll get it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-3FcK_1jok

i recorded this, apologies for the poor quality cause i have no capture card

notice the height at which i do the 4AB - you have to delay it for longer than it feels like you have to delay it

hi sorry for bothering u, but may i have the full combo notation for this combo? D: thanks

hi sorry for bothering u, but may i have the full combo notation for this combo? D: thanks

sure! full notation is:

5A > 5AA > 2B > 5B > 2AB > 214B > 4B > 4AB > 2A > 5B(1) > 2B > 2AB > 214B > 4B > 4A

edit: i mistakenly listed 2AB as the next step after 4AB and have since fixed it; it's supposed to be 2A

i think it's totally worth learning but i don't think it's something you should whip out every time you land a 5A. his 50 meter combos are easier and obviously hit harder

but 1.1k extra damage for 25 meter? that's nothing to sneeze at

Oh dont get me wrong, I'm not saying it's useless or anything. It's just that given Minazuki's meter gain and just how versatile he becomes with at least 50 meter, it's worth saving it.

Anyways gave that string a try and I've been having success with it on many characters. My advice to hit it more consistently is to use "... 2AB> 214A> delay 4B> delay 4AB> 2A ..." instead of 214B.

And sadly it doesnt work on Sho because his falling hurtbox is dumb. It's easier on some characters and harder on others.

yeah i haven't found a way to make it work on the shos or yukiko, i probably wouldn't go for it at all on them

wow didnt even know you could do that. So much easier. If you dont mind could you tell me the rest of that combo after the dash 5D? I assume it finishes like in the video.

I also see people doing 2C then 5D after OMB. Bit harder. I wonder how much the damage difference is. 

you'll always do either 5a or 2a pickup into ender

sticking in 2c adds a pretty big chunk of damage, worth doing if youre certain itll hit 

what is everyone using for blockstrings?

i've just been doing basic 5AA > 2B > 5B > 5C > 2C stuff

use anything other than A and Bs sparingly because you'll die if they roll through it

yeah true

gotta get out of the habit of using C button in blockstrings and just jump canceling 2B/5B