Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[P4U2] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) General Discussion

Guys his neutral is still good, just some trades. J.b pressure and 5a staggers are traded for gdlk rekka. Knives are still good, we will have to see the command throw in action to understand the gravity of that change, but I'm not worried.

Knife change is most likely so that hitting Minazuki with a full screen Persona normal or when he does knife > teleport mixups doesn't trade.

Command grab did have some invincibility, but not much at all. It could be done with a specific timing on Mitsuru to bait her dp on wakeup or just command grab her. The invincibility is mostly there to stop you from getting reversal thrown out of your command grab.

J.B + 5A vertical hitbox nerfs hurt, but it's fair. He could just jump and mash j.B against most of the cast and those with exceptionally shitty AA (Junpei, Yukiko etc.) couldn't do much to stop him. Minazuki's strength comes from being on the ground, as evidenced by his lack of air specials to get a good knockdown off of air to air hits (for example: Yosuke j.A j.B V-slash j.2C, Narukami j.BB j.C Lion, Kanji air dive, etc.) Air DP change may help or hit this, depending on the new angles and speed.

Changes to Moonsmasher (Summon Guymam) are also mostly fair. Minimum damage seems to be 1000 according to videos (but that was a very short combo), and now he gets to do the j.4B rekka in addition, so that's not too bad of a hit. Slower startup on A and SB is also fine, since they were super fast and their payoff was some silly shit. Force Fatal Counter state is fine too. That move was dum dum dum.

Changes to Rekkas and Persona normals are nice compensations for command grab nerfs. His changes seem to be intended to make him use his brain more.

WE'LL SEE HOW THAT TURNS OUT THO

Lmao I'll say.

I never used moonsmasher as a reversal, never got consistent results with it. I always used the counter or relied in the dp.

We still have our jump cancels and the 5c change makes more easier conversion. Also the WoP nerf only applied to damage iirc, not untech time so we have combo routes that could very well lead to corner carry.

Lmao I'll say.

I never used moonsmasher as a reversal, never got consistent results with it. I always used the counter or relied in the dp.

We still have our jump cancels and the 5c change makes more easier conversion. Also the WoP nerf only applied to damage iirc, not untech time so we have combo routes that could very well lead to corner carry.

I always use the counter, sometimes too much, but it's a fun move to use. Moon smasher is a hit or a miss for me currently, DP is usually my reversal.

Let's also not forget we can do 4AB > 2A/possibly 5B(1) links on everyone(or atleast Sho/minazuki) since 2A hitbox is buffed without even needing to get sweep knockdown.

Also, fun fact, Boss mode minazuki's counter is a strike and has similar timing to what the D strike looked like in the video. I was able to combo boss Minazuki's counter off BD(1) and 5D,

I watched that recent a-cho vid last night. This character still looks amazing. So, we lost a bit of damage, but seemed to gain safe jump setups off 50 meter routes and more damage off CH 5C (seems to be 5.2k? I don't remember being able to do that much in the current version)... Also with a safe jump. Oh, and if you don't care about the safe jump, you can tack on a moonsmasher at the end for like 1000 damage assuming you're in awakening.

His 25 meter rekka routes are now easier, but I'm not sure they're worth it? Command throws also still look good, despite being a little slower.

I'm having a hard time noticing any real negatives.

I watched that recent a-cho vid last night. This character still looks amazing. So, we lost a bit of damage, but seemed to gain safe jump setups off 50 meter routes and more damage off CH 5C (seems to be 5.2k? I don't remember being able to do that much in the current version)... Also with a safe jump. Oh, and if you don't care about the safe jump, you can tack on a moonsmasher at the end for like 1000 damage assuming you're in awakening.

His 25 meter rekka routes are now easier, but I'm not sure they're worth it? Command throws also still look good, despite being a little slower.

I'm having a hard time noticing any real negatives.

5C CH gets 5.2k easy in 1.1 with meter or omb

5C CH gets 5.2k easy in 1.1 with meter or omb

What route? I haven't messed with that too much, because I don't get CH 5Cs... like ever. lol

I see, thanks. That requires a DP ender though, and these new routes allow for a safejump ender. Much better, IMO!

I see, thanks. That requires a DP ender though, and these new routes allow for a safejump ender. Much better, IMO!

Yeah, the new ones are better, damage is comparable though. Just wanted to show you it's possible in 1.1

I'll just leave this here:

B7rv-l2CcAA6RNp.png

Larger version available here:

https://twitter.com/Jyosua/status/557023710905782272

As Hitmarkers reminded me, the combo rate is now 60% from 70%, so keep that in mind when looking at these values. Also keep in mind that there could be errors made by the player than calculated these.

So knife is unscaled. That explains why it goes into so much damage.

Also boo on the scaling on 214ab, that was the starter to my secret 5k punish combo.

Yeah, I was actually surprised that the P1 values for the rekkas were 0 before, even though I knew they led into a lot of damage. I wonder why they thought that was a good idea?

I come bearing gifts. Shoutouts to LionHeart (a JP Minazuki) who explained to me how to actually do this. I've done it by accident a few times but fuck I finally know how sweet jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nC7kDQMN4

You mean delay 4AB so you can whiff it and b8 a burst stylishly? Actually, can you b8 bursts like that!?!?!?

Or use it in pressure after a blocked second A rekka to do a fake overhead into low or land command grab.

But uh... Your idea is uh...

It's special

Or use it in pressure after a blocked second A rekka to do a fake overhead into low or land command grab.

But uh... Your idea is uh...

It's special

I just wanna see some kid cry cuz he got b8'd in the most stylish way possible 

I saw Shiita do this in one of the recent acho videos, It's possible in 1.1, but it's character specific and relies on them crouching, I'm glad the changes to the rekka turned it into a real mix up, this bit is super cool, because you can alternate between versions for mix up, the a ver into SB is for low or command throw, the b ver into SB for anti jump which could be the most reliable way to get out of the a ver unless your reactions are like that. There could be levels to this as well. I theory crafted a possible OS against Liz and Margaret's DPs using the a ver > SB.

I'm super excited for 2.0.

I saw Shiita do this in one of the recent acho videos, It's possible in 1.1, but it's character specific and relies on them crouching, I'm glad the changes to the rekka turned it into a real mix up, this bit is super cool, because you can alternate between versions for mix up, the a ver into SB is for low or command throw, the b ver into SB for anti jump which could be the most reliable way to get out of the a ver unless your reactions are like that. There could be levels to this as well. I theory crafted a possible OS against Liz and Margaret's DPs using the a ver > SB.

I'm super excited for 2.0.

You think we'll be able to play neutral a bit more with our persona attacks such as 5C/2C etc.?