Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

May vs Venom

Venom

I think about 4 things when fighting venom.

1- While guarding him he always has ANOTHER overhead than you expect

2- While summoning balls he is in CH state, as IAD J.HS RUINS Venom. Generally, IAD, J.S, J.HS will either break guard or pressure him, This definately gives you an advantage.

3- 3K is NOT worth it. I just throw out FBHSHD, this will negate ALL projectiles Venom has out & leave him guarding, which means May wins.

4- Slashback that reverse dragon punch of his.

-Venom has a bitch of a time dealing with 5H frametraps. Whore them. He also has zero answer to you approaching with FBHSVD. Whore those also.

-Don't be afraid to turtle behind a P hoop if it means he can't start his endless rushdown. Maybe you aren't getting inside immediately, but at the same time, you're not blocking for an hour with a flashing guard bar, either. Of course, this all depends on whether or not this is a Rushdown Venom or a Turtle Venom.

-Conversely, H Hoop FRC -> IAD j.S>H is an awesome way to get in and start the aforementioned frametraps.

- This fight seems a lot like the Ky fight to me, except you don't have to worry about any reversals. As with Ky, just be patient until you see an opening to advance, as he'll be more than happy to destroy your life bar if you're flinging yourself at his 6P.

He's a middle weight, but I find him awkward to combo. =/

POST EVO BRAINDUMP ACTION TIMEEEE!!!!! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!1111234

vs. Venom (learned vs. Blacksnake)

-Everything I said before about what to do when far away should be deleted, and I should be given a good swift backhand for even suggesting the idea of giving him space. Don't ever do this, as nothing good will ever come from it. Stay on him from the start, and don't give him any time to start being Venom (ie; setting any more than 1 ball up), as this lets him dictate the flow of the match. You also have no real answer to his pressure outside of not letting him start. Air to air he wins if he's underneath you with his j.D, you win if underneath him with airthrow/j.P. Your ground AAs(5H, 6P, (H)SVD) lose to his j.H/FB Mad Struggle(do not get CH by this move, geebus), so your best bet is to jump up there with him and j.P(specifically, j.Px2>j.D, jc j.H>j.D), as that beats all of his options when jumping on you due to its speed. FB dolphins are AMAZING in this fight, as the huge frame advantage given gives you time to close distance safely. If you're in his face with any sort of advantage at all, he's pissed about it, as he has NO REVERSALS AT ALL. Get there and stay there, and the fight's all yours.

From FrankTheTank