Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Ramlethal's followup normals seem to have little pushblock while moving her forward at the same time. I don't know how safe they are on block and if they are jump cancellable or special cancellable, but having this sort of moves/options should technically make her regular pressure somewhat decent at the very least.With this sort of moves it wouldn't be unlikely if she ends up having a kara-throw or a kara-command throw.

Man this character is looking just as fun as I thought she would be, so hype for more footage

anyway..

1) Do we know if the crouching dash super has any inv yet?/do we have any kind of reversal?

2 ) Man that Spinning sword super could be so broken, assuming we can use it right after 2D?

3) 9Tnine, yeah I see what your saying her swordless meter gain looks dreadful, maybe her super when we do get the meter for them make up for them?

4) Still day one n all but it doesn't seem like her damage is too great in general :/ I await the first combo vid lol

This character seems really weird and interesting. At 1:20 in the most recent video LAH summons the white bat while falling down and has the May in the corner with the bat between both characters. Vertical sword slash seems to have a good hitbox so maybe she can lockdown in the corner or discourage a couple of options with it's existence. 3:30 also caught my eye. LAH summons the white bat behind May. Seeing May between the bat and RamV reminded me of Bridget and his yoyo. But sword slashes from the bat seem a bit on the slow side. And its not like it returns to her with a hitbox like Bridget or Litchi's placements. 

Her abysmal meter gain outside of sword normals and specials I find a bit odd too. What about her specifically would cause them to slow her meter gain so much? Guess we'll see. Raw sword hits gives her like 15-20% tension. Tension gain scales in combos it looks like.

Normal "rekkas" seem like an interesting concept for pressure. But what is she supposed to be doing exactly. Focus on zoning/space control? Rushdown? Hybrid? Looks hard to tell. If anything, from the combo theory vid that Kursuhii uploaded a bit ago, it shows that she'll have at least some degree of setplay. Which looks cool and is never a bad thing. It's hard to decipher what shes supposed to be doing as it's still day 1 but a lot of player seems to want to try her so I'm sure content will be coming fast

Damn son, talk about a vicious Instant Kill. It's easily one of the most brutal in Xrd. Clearly, someone at ASW had a field day with it.

Also, Day 1 and we've already got a combo vid. I'd say we're in good hands. Curiously, she seems to be able to swing both swords when released in the same motion. As seen at the 1:03 mark, she makes them both swing in a downward crescent arc.

Jeezus, the damage on those corner combos! But i'm guessing getting those specific setups'll be pretty hard. 

edit- Looking back, damage doesn't seem to bad actually, especially considering Xrd's wacky healthbars.

RamBam McRammerstien looks very interesting. Those setups, the rekkas, a command grab... man, I can't wait to see how she develops. She is also... umm, oddly attractive. 

What's odd about it? 

I think it's the teeth. Those chompers look like they could crack a diamond in half.

By the way, looking at the combo video, it seems like she can only do 2 full combination attacks in a row, before finishing it off with something else. Like in the video she went from a PPK to a PPP immediately but she cannot go into say KKK right after it either. I could very well be wrong on this though.

I think it's the teeth. Those chompers look like they could crack a diamond in half.

I think she may be part shark.

She's a really interesting looking character though so far. One thing I like is her supers seem REALLY good overall, but her meter gain seems so weird.

Looking at her style, Valentine sorta reminds of a hybrid of Bridget and Mu-12 from BB. 

I dunno, its really hard to compare to other characters right now just cause of how unique her options are. 

I'm really curious about the properties of her projectile, the one that arcs upward like DIzzy's scythe or Mu's Arrows of Heaven.  I wonder how well that will compliment her zoning in conjunction with her balloon buddies.

Unless you are willing to manage a video thread, do not make separate threads for Ramlethal. Please keep everything in here.

Unless you are willing to manage a video thread, do not make separate threads for Ramlethal. Please keep everything in here.

I will admit I was tempted to make it myself because I do want to help with the moderation of this character's forums

oh well, until someone puts it together, Kuru I don't suppose you could pool all the found videos on Ram chan together so far in the OP?

Already put together a small playlist of Ram stuff that has been uploaded to YT so far, I'll try and keep it updated

Right here

Ramlethal does look similar to Buri in gameplan. She looks really good too.

Okay, I started a video thread with most if not all the video's that were posted in this thread. I'd be very thankful if everyone could start posting footage and videos there to, for simplicities sake. I'll do my my best to keep up with and update it when needed. 

Just for curiosities sake, avid ramlethal fans, do you happen to know if her vertical sword slash hits overhead? 

I was wondering about that as well. I saw in the recent combo vid where she went for a low with high vertical sword.

You might be right, I'm just looking at it on my phone at work. I'll watch the rest of the matches tonight, someone's bound to either get hit by it or block it crouching.

Almost every time it gets used as oki they're either messing up the timing or the hitbox is really thin.

Her 6K? hit first and gave that mark. Then her vertical sword hit.

yeah that's definitely her 6K, which is an OH. i guess we'll keep waiting to find out.