Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Character looks great, her health seems pretty low though.

This. Also seems like her stun resistance is below average too

It also looks like she doesn't have much going for HP since she takes damage like wet paper. Still need to watch more of her videos before I consider deducting her play style similar to a GG and BB character, I think before I compared her to Izayoi but without the lift dash (thank god).

In terms of playstyle I'd say this may just be the right way to play her

Footsies with sword normals, generally keeping distance rather than rushing down and setting up bats to help cover her when she does decide to come in

If I were to compare her to a BB character it would probably be a combo of Relius and Mu

GG character, shes Bridget with a pinch of Dizzy

but this is still speculation 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23308469

at 0:25, is that grab her normal grab or command grab? she might do even more than bedman off a ground throw is its her normal one. =|

edit: nevermind, i found out it is.

wow she does as much damage as Bedman off a throw =| wonder if its comboable near corner like his

In terms of playstyle I'd say this may just be the right way to play her

Footsies with sword normals, generally keeping distance rather than rushing down and setting up bats to help cover her when she does decide to come in

If I were to compare her to a BB character it would probably be a combo of Relius and Mu

GG character, shes Bridget with a pinch of Dizzy

but this is still speculation 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23308469

Looking at some of her video's I whole heartedly agree! 

The way she sets up her Lucifero familiars, it reminds me of Mu setting up Steins. 

Either way, it looks like a good chunk of her gameplan is controlling neutral and punishing mistakes using her buddies. 

So does anyone know if her familiars are puppets? Can you make the released swords attack while Ramlethal is attacking like you can with Relius and Ignis?

Yeah, she can make the bats attack at near enough the same time as Ram herself (to my knowledge) 

Holy cow her intro is cool. And... that cloak is pretty creepy.

The way she sets up swords and uses them to cover her approaches and mix-up attempts definitely reminds me of relius and mu.

Too dumb to know how to quote on tapatalk...

Ram-chan seems to be a very offense focused character. She has quick standing overheads, a command grab and rekkas that move her forward and don't have much push back. She can control space with her projectile and sword normals and set-ups. Setting her swords gives her some nice okizeme options as well. Her supers are very powerful but she seems to only build meter from her sword normals (in huge chunks).

She seems pretty lacking defensively, besides being able to play lame setting up swords. So on block its mostly DAA, FD, and maybe that 'explode' super.

Overall seems like a fairly versatile offensive character.

Also, seeing Ramlethal getting hit by Faust's super is pretty funny. Never seen her make a face like that, lol

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Too dumb to know how to quote on tapatalk...

Ram-chan seems to be a very offense focused character. She has quick standing overheads, a command grab and rekkas that move her forward and don't have much push back. She can control space with her projectile and sword normals and set-ups. Setting her swords gives her some nice okizeme options as well. Her supers are very powerful but she seems to only build meter from her sword normals (in huge chunks).

She seems pretty lacking defensively, besides being able to play lame setting up swords. So on block its mostly DAA, FD, and maybe that 'explode' super.

Overall seems like a fairly versatile offensive character.

Also, seeing Ramlethal getting hit by Faust's super is pretty funny. Never seen her make a face like that, lol

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

it might not be noticeable cause of such little footage, but is her forward movement tension gain/general tension pulse lower than the rest of the cast? 

Here are her normals. Not linking the image directly because it's huge. Quality isnt the best but you can still read what normal is what

Also, thickness.

From what I've seen she has 3 grounded overheads. 6K, 5KPP, and 214K. 6K has short range but looks strong to use on sword oki since the sword will combo if it hits and you'll be safe if they block the overhead. I saw 6K > 5P being linked a couple times and comboing on a crouching opponent. 5KPP seems risky because she can't do any other normal after 5KP besides another P. 214K I think I've seen them combo after with 5P. Might have been CH though but I'm not too sure. S and HS normals change depending on if she's swordless or not. f.S, 5HS change and I don't think she has access to 2S or 2HS if swordless. j.S and j.HS change as well. Elven mentioned j.HS hits mid and not overhead, Not sure about swordless. Despite having watched a lot of the footage repeatedly, I'm still confused on her sword mechanic.

Edit: Actually, I think I somewhat get it now. S normals are for the Black bat and HS normals are for the White bat. I saw her do 5HS[e] even though she had one sword on her. But then I noticed the bat was Black. I remembered when she did 5HS with the sword earlier the bat that was doing the normal was the White one. This clears up a lot of question I had. So 2S or 2HS are only available if you have the respective sword to actually do the normal. 

The Black bat covers horizontal ranges while the White one covers vertical. Kurushii mentioned some of this in his boss notes. Using the Black summon sacrifices her horizontal space control with f.S, 2S, and j.S to have the bat do the same thing while tracking the opponent on the screen with each summon she does. Same thing goes for vertical space and the White bat. But you sacrifice 5HS, 2HS, and j.HS in exchange. So she herself controls one axis of the screen while the set bat covers the opposing axis. Thats.... a really cool concept. But i notice using setting both bats in neutral leaves RamV herself kind of boned when it comes to the normals department. Since she'll just have her limbs for normals, which dont have the best range. But in return she gains access to Toranshi overdrive

Batako usually would set White in neutral and keep Black so he could still control his immediate space with 5S and j.S. But would set both for corner lockdown and oki.

Haha i was laughing for a while when i first saw it xD

Bi_Tada_IEAASIN1_jpg_large.jpg

I’m seriously considering using this character. Is she that hard to use?

from what we've seen, not really? her only challenge seems to be placement of her bats. think Bridget yoyo

Looking at how she can mash her P and K normals into a rekka style moves sorta reminds me of the P4A auto combo. I imagine this to compensate for the fact that she can't exactly use her S and H normals in pressure when Lucifero is out of range. It still doesn't remedy her pathetic range without them though/ 

I think it's interesting that her S normals and H normals can control Lucifero regardless of her distance. 

A few people posted this already, but it looks like that usually in neutral, one part of Lucifero is used to control the screen while the other stays with Ramlethal so she can poke effectively. It doesn't look like players actually dispatch both unless their when setting up oki, or trying to pin the opponent down in the corner. 

Overall, its looking like Ramlethal will be very entertaining in XRD. 

How exactly do you keep her swords out? Do you have to hold buttons to keep them out and release them to activate them?

Same Idea I'm guessing as Bridget

They stay out on their own until you give them a command or recall them