Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I’m seriously considering using this character. Is she that hard to use?

Well according to ElvenShadow who is in Japan right now, she really isn't too hard to use. If anything it looks like setting up her neutral game effectively is going to be the most difficult.

Also, her swords (when placed) don't seem like they are active for too long. Or maybe I'm just seeing things? Sometimes I even find it hard to see when the swing has happened. Maybe it's just the qaulity/not used to Rammy's stuff yet.

How exactly do you keep her swords out? Do you have to hold buttons to keep them out and release them to activate them?

Black is 6S and White is 6HS to summon them. Its in the opening post of this thread. It looks like they track the opponents location from the point you do the command. Then they slash afterwards. After this they stay in place by themselves. Pressing 6S/HS again while their out just has them track the opponent again. If the opponent is close enough to the bat when you summon again theyll just slash immediatly instead of teleporting and slashing. 4S/HS recalls the respective sword depending on the normal you pressed. The only thing I'm still unsure of is that sometimes the swords will either slash or swing. I'm not sure what the input is for the swing. Maybe you hold 6S/HS for a bit to do it. 

Looking at how she can mash her P and K normals into a rekka style moves sorta reminds me of the P4A auto combo. I imagine this to compensate for the fact that she can't exactly use her S and H normals in pressure when Lucifero is out of range. It still doesn't remedy her pathetic range without them though/ 

I think it's interesting that her S normals and H normals can control Lucifero regardless of her distance. 

A few people posted this already, but it looks like that usually in neutral, one part of Lucifero is used to control the screen while the other stays with Ramlethal so she can poke effectively. It doesn't look like players actually dispatch both unless their when setting up oki, or trying to pin the opponent down in the corner. 

Overall, its looking like Ramlethal will be very entertaining in XRD. 

Sounds like with a little work this character will become rage-inducing, perfect.

I'm worried about her ability to deal with pressure though and her lower health.

from what we've seen, not really? her only challenge seems to be placement of her bats. think Bridget yoyo

Well that's interesting then.

Jumping on bandwagon, her Oki games looks fun + command grab and invul step dashing, i wonder about her grab range and reversal option.

I believe she has a normal run dash in her playable version, unless I'm forgetting something. Not sure about normal grab, but the command grab range is very short.

Everyone join the hype train and drop her after the first week because you couldn't do it. Reminds me of every female Aksys has released, does anyone even remember Bullet anymore? Are you ready for the struggle? After watching many of Koichi matches it seems like a lot of the fights are not in her favor, hell, it wouldn't surprise if she's hanging out at the bottom of the tier list.

I await to see everyone performance and eventually watch them hop on the other bandwagon.

edit: Does anyone remember the hype for I-no, Izayoi, Tsubaki, Makoto (dat underboob), A.B.A., Baiken, or Bridget? Show your devotion or die trying!

I believe she has a normal run dash in her playable version, unless I'm forgetting something. Not sure about normal grab, but the command grab range is very short.

Ugh yeah, just watched some footage of her... welp, if her command grab is very short i don't think her grab range will be better. Sry for double post, still don't understand how to edit and put quote on my post.

Well I use Liz in P4A so I'd be ready to lose if I was totally devoted to Ram, lol.

She does seem fun, I'll say that much. Really looking forward to seeing where she goes. I wonder how that command grab of hers'll benefit her gameplan in the long run? A command grab seems like a tricky tool to give a character like her, even if it is apparently very small hitbox wise.

I think it's too early to say if Ram-chan is low tier or not. 

I've seen players like Batako completely steam roll Potemkin and Sol, but I imagine that her match ups tend to get bad against characters who outzone her. Like Axl and Venom could potentially be hell since they could easily shut down Ram's neutral with balls and axes. 

I think her stronger match ups are those where she can freely control neutral, so going up against Sol, Pots, Slayer, etc, are going to be match ups in her favor. 

I think it's too early to say if Ram-chan is low tier or not. 

I've seen players like Batako completely steam roll Potemkin and Sol, but I imagine that her match ups tend to get bad against characters who outzone her. Like Axl and Venom could potentially be hell since they could easily shut down Ram's neutral with balls and axes. 

I think her stronger match ups are those where she can freely control neutral, so going up against Sol, Pots, Slayer, etc, are going to be match ups in her favor. 

Bedman seems to have a good matchup against her, from what ive observed. Teleport ball is so strong versus her. its pretty cool. but she seems strong and stuff. she has potential just gotta let people find things 

Everyone join the hype train and drop her after the first week because you couldn't do it. Reminds me of every female Aksys has released, does anyone even remember Bullet anymore? Are you ready for the struggle? After watching many of Koichi matches it seems like a lot of the fights are not in her favor, hell, it wouldn't surprise if she's hanging out at the bottom of the tier list.

I await to see everyone performance and eventually watch them hop on the other bandwagon.

edit: Does anyone remember the hype for I-no, Izayoi, Tsubaki, Makoto (dat underboob), A.B.A., Baiken, or Bridget? Show your devotion or die trying!

I use Nu and I like swords sooo...I'm using this chick.

1. You mean Arc System Works

2. I stuck with Bang through CSII and used to main Johnny in AC, should be fine.

I plan on maining Ramlethal but I won't lie if she is shit I will drop her and not think twice about it.  P4A taught me a valuable lesson about playing low tiers.  It is just frustrating and unrewarding.  I am going to do whatever I can to never say "I can win this tournament as long as I don't run into X character"  again.

That being said this character looks like a lot of fun and she does look like she has a lot of potential upside.  There aren't really any other Xrd characters that are exciting to me so far (RIP ABA) so I am hopeful Val is a character I get to have fun with.

From the normals chart I linked it looked like Moja189, the person who made the chart, left out some rekka chains. I thought she could only go into her chain combo from the 5KPP chain and she was forced to only go from overhead after the first P. But it looks like she can go into the chain from 2KPP and she can also do 2KPK to go on low on the last hit. You can see the example here. It kills the Slayer because he stands in preparation for the overhead. I can assume the same can be done with 5KPK. It looks like she can go into the overhead chain by doing 2PPP as well. Or 2PPK for the low.

apparently ramlethal can yrc her beam super...not sure how useful that could be seeing as how its 75 meter but it still seems interesting. dont know if anyone else noticed but it  seems like her sword spin super is more or less dark angel and i've seen several players use it as such ie: doing it after a knockdown at midscreen for huge corner carry/mixup.

examples of beam yrc and dark angel-eqsue use of her other super are here at 5:17 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23347557 and here at 8:00 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23347708

Speaking of Calvados YRC, I saw something kinda strange in a youtube video (at around 13:42)....

http://youtu.be/l6Lm3wnQynQ?t=13m42s

From what I understand, Ram used the beam super, YRC'd it as Faust was jumping in, was hit out of the move and knocked back and Faust Burst.... but was beaten by something. It almost looked like he was beaten by the invisible beam, lol?

Speaking of Calvados YRC, I saw something kinda strange in a youtube video (at around 13:42)....

http://youtu.be/l6Lm3wnQynQ?t=13m42s

From what I understand, Ram used the beam super, YRC'd it as Faust was jumping in, was hit out of the move and knocked back and Faust Burst.... but was beaten by something. It almost looked like he was beaten by the invisible beam, lol?

Ram on the Mr.Karate grind with them invisible projectiles and ish?

I thought that example was just a visual glitch personally. It happens from time to time. In other videos where a Ram-player YRC'd Calvados, the beam was clearly still there and firing for the duration.

The more I watch the more I see that this character can be bulldozed rather easily. And the problem that contributes to that is her abysmal meter gain. Options like faultless defense, dead angle, and reversal explode seem iffy. Faultless takes a ton of tension away as you block in this game and she barely has much meter at any given time. So it goes through her bar and the opponent is still within an offensive range. Sword normals give her chunks of meter if they're the starter but it scales pretty bad in combos. Specifically once the combo has gone on for a while. And combos that don't involve the sword barely has her tension bar twitch. During neutral 6S/HS hits give her an ok amount but it still doesn't compensate for the poor meter gain from everything else. I've seen in some matches where it's completely one sided and by the time Ram is almost dead she only has about 70-80%ish tension. IB seems to give her a reasonable amount though. B shield seems somewhat ok since its 25% tension and less expensive than dead angle or explode and you get your meter back if you were successful. I guess B shield, IB, 1 frame jumping, reversal gold burst, and  backdash will be her main ways to get out of pressure. 

Which pretty much means with Ram-chan's, your going to want to get the opponent on the defensive on ASAP. 

Sounds like she's going to be extremely unforgiving to players who have bad fundamental skill and don't have a firm grasp on neutral. I'm also going to go on the assumption that her Neutral strategies also varies heavily based on the match up. 

But when you consider how strong her neutral is, and how she has much more options to pressure then most of the other characters in the game, it's understandable that her defense would be balls. 

Her neutral seems ok. Other characters have arguably better neutral and some defensive option to get them out of situations. And she's currently the only one in the cast with meter gain like this. Some matchups with her are hard to watch. Rushdown heavy or characters who can set up better than her give her problems before she can set up herself. I saw Fino emulating Venom playstyle with her the other night and it seemed to work effectively. A lot of players are playing her different ways in neutral. And they also have differing oki routes. In the coming months things will probably condense and optimal neutral control and oki will be figured out. 

I'm eager to see Fino work with her though. And I like watching Batako. The other Ram's are so so. Some are really offensive heavy and don't set up as much. And some set up a little too much and get bopped. Either way the character looks really fun.

Is it just me, or am I just hearing a lot of bad things about Ramlethal? I’m seriously starting to have doubts about her. I’m mean sure, we will (or at least I will) probably have to wait until the game actually hits consoles to find out how good she really. I’m not gonna lie, and I hate to sound like a scrub, but I probably will drop her if she turns out to be a bad character.

I saw Fino emulating Venom playstyle with her the other night and it seemed to work effectively.

Do you have a link to this? Curious to see this playstyle.