Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

so 6S+ and 6HS+ have the same startup as 2S- and 2HS- ? should these be used in the corner for setups then?

Also exactly when can I do 3 8D in combos and when can I only do 2? Does there need to be a delay between j.S>8D to work?

1 dauro equals 1 dust from what I can tell. You get at max 4. So double dauro into c.s j8d into iad once.

Also

1418175874666.jpg

Noticed something interesting with deploying swords. 

We know swords track by relative position between you and your opponent. Normally if you deploy a sword it will deploy just in front of the opponent. If you yrc the start up and immediately air dash behind the opponent they will switch which way they are facing you and then the sword will deploy right in front of them. If you delay the air dash slightly after the yrc you can have the sword deployed behind the opponent for a cross over setup. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVyGyH_Y4QI

Color #3 still best.

1 dauro equals 1 dust from what I can tell. You get at max 4. So double dauro into c.s j8d into iad once.

So I can do command throw>4 D loops?

i call dibs on #8

am i the only one having problems with CQC? and is activating swords in the middle of pressure a legit tactic? (ie. 2pp6s pp6s kp6hs or whatever other ocnvination)

It's legit but carries some risk as you're at frame disadvantage after something like PP and then 6S or 6HS has start up. If the opponent is mashing or catches on to your pressure strings you can be counter poked out of it. It's best if you can get something like 2S or 2HS deployed first to cover your approach. 

Messing around with YRC sword deployment and came across this potential mix up. It's probably not as effective since j.HS can be blocked crouching.

http://youtu.be/6Lsmd3Kv7ow?list=UU3K76Og3xCwzZY2fFG3Nmlg

Color #3 still best.

So I can do command throw>4 D loops?

Off cmd grab I've only been able to squeeze out-

236k>cS>j9D |>IAD jK:S:9D |> IAD LATE jK:Sj8D |> Max dash pp:p> dash >  wait cS> :fS 6S 66:cS 6H 66cS IAD :j.H |> 2d (tk j.2s oki)

So a total of 3 for that starter, I think for almost every situation it's: (stater dependant - potentital dauro) c.S > j.8d > Two iad loops > splat

Have yet to test the viability of splat > 2s/2h routes with how funky they are, don't seem to get as good knockdown compared to [Enemy Crouching after splat > 2d], but comboing into super is a strong potential option.

It seems like 8D loops now are generally only attempted in the corner instead of midscreen off a daruo, at least based on all these batako and sharon match vids I'm watching. Im guessing its because of the relaitve difficulty of doing an 8D loop off daruo midscreen vs the corner? If I do see an 8D loop midscreen it's generally because they got hit by a 2H/2S or got caught in the air by something

It seems like 8D loops now are generally only attempted in the corner instead of midscreen off a daruo, at least based on all these batako and sharon match vids I'm watching. Im guessing its because of the relaitve difficulty of doing an 8D loop off daruo midscreen vs the corner? If I do see an 8D loop midscreen it's generally because they got hit by a 2H/2S or got caught in the air by something

Dauro dashing rising j.p is really hard even dauro pk dashing rising j.p is hard

Is there a difference between 8D and 9D?

Not to my knowledge, I just hold down 9 after iad as a habit for not double jumping with up directional normals

dauro d.jP is hard but doable, I've been practicing that link since day1 and what I found to work best is:

- get used to the (very) small buffer window of the game

- after dauro input 66 somewhat late

- just hold 9 after inputing the dash (you are supposed to hold 9 throughout jPKS9D anyway so that you won't get a double jump j.8D at the end)

Once you truly understand how late you can input 66 and still have it come out automatically after dauro then you are pretty much set and just need to learn how to delay jPKS9D

I'd say I barely drop it on Sol-class weight characters now, I haven't really practiced dauro cS dauro d.jP or dauro d.pk d.jP much yet though.

I think it'll likely become the go-to combo route (at least on Sol/Axl/Slayer/Chipp-weight characters) once people get used to playing Ramlethal more/grind it out in training mode, I've even seen Karinchu doing it vs a Sol in one of his recent vids.

The damage difference between midscreen j8D loops and the d.pk xN ppp route is pretty big.

It honestly feels like Hazama's CSX hiren loops, you just need to understand the trick behind it (buffered dash) then it's pretty much auto-pilot.

dauro d.jP is hard but doable, I've been practicing that link since day1 and what I found to work best is:

- get used to the (very) small buffer window of the game

- after dauro input 66 somewhat late

- just hold 9 after inputing the dash (you are supposed to hold 9 throughout jPKS9D anyway so that you won't get a double jump j.8D at the end)

Once you truly understand how late you can input 66 and still have it come out automatically after dauro then you are pretty much set and just need to learn how to delay jPKS9D

I'd say I barely drop it on Sol-class weight characters now, I haven't really practiced dauro cS dauro d.jP or dauro d.pk d.jP much yet though.

I think it'll likely become the go-to combo route (at least on Sol/Axl/Slayer/Chipp-weight characters) once people get used to playing Ramlethal more/grind it out in training mode, I've even seen Karinchu doing it vs a Sol in one of his recent vids.

The damage difference between midscreen j8D loops and the d.pk xN ppp route is pretty big.

It honestly feels like Hazama's CSX hiren loops, you just need to understand the trick behind it (buffered dash) then it's pretty much auto-pilot.

I honestly dont even see that either from the big three(Karinchu, Batako,Sharon). Instead I see:

midscreen

daruo>dash pk>dash pk>dash kpp>ppp

Seems to be the go-to midscreen / midscreen to corner transition combo

Karinchu is the only Ram player who I even see doing the "Daiji" combos for lack of a better term. Batako just does PK and KPP variations midscreen.

Im not at home so I cant try this out but how hard is the dash pk>dash pk>dash kpp>ppp vs the Daiji version of the loop? The former seems like it does a lot more dmg and carries the opponent even further to the corner than the latter.

The Daiji combo is harder than her combination bnb,but comparably it's superior in every aspect.Deals more damage,builds more meter due to the use of jS and most importantly you are in the corner where Ramlethal's mixup game shines.So it corner carries.Her combination bnb does a lot less damage,builds no meter(except if you start midscreen which can lead to corner and you can use sword combos) and if you start from one corner Ramlethal ends midscreen and your opponenet near the other corner.Also in the pk>dash pk>dash kpp>ppp opponent may drop at some point if you attempt ppp.So you do pk>dash pk>dash ppp or pk>dash pk>dash>cS j8D if you are not near the corner.But imo at this point it's better learning her bnbs,neutral game and okizeme options than the Daiji combo.

Also does the Daiji combo work on every character?

so i'm having a hard time getting Daro (623P) to link or even come out when using 2D or 5.cS, anyone have any tips for executing it?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the notation is -

This is from corner to corner

c.S 623P (Green) dash jump j.P j.K j.S j.8D (land IAD j.K j.S j.8D)x2 dash 5PPP into whatever wall stick ender or oki

So I assume there's a delay between the j.K and the j.S, right? does this work swordless?

Also is there any alternative to wallsplat>dash c.S>f.S>6S>dash c.S>6HS>etc with swords set? I know that if the swords are in place the startup is too fast to combo and the 2S/HS recovery is too long.

You can always finish any wall splat with dash jump j.S j.HS land c.S 2D jc sword set unless you're too far away then just end with IAD j.S j.HS land 2D

so i'm having a hard time getting Daro (623P) to link or even come out when using 2D or 5.cS, anyone have any tips for executing it?

I had this problem all yesterday, it's not even an issue today(the dash links are). Just keep practicing it, especially after 2D you kinda just get used to the small window in which you can link Darou. For 623P after c.s you should pretty much be inputting it immediately after you do 5S.

Also are there any setups utilizing j.214K auto correct?...seems cool.

So I assume there's a delay between the j.K and the j.S, right? does this work swordless?

Also is there any alternative to wallsplat>dash c.S>f.S>6S>dash c.S>6HS>etc with swords set? I know that if the swords are in place the startup is too fast to combo and the 2S/HS recovery is too long.

Can do the challenge mode combo

splat > c.S > H > tk j.2H > c.S > 2s > IAD j.H > tk j.8d > ppp