Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Is PPP corner ender shit or am I doing something wrong?

PPP ender > 66 deploy > 66 2K beats mashing but loses to reversals, including throw, and chicken blocking.

Same setup into 6K instead, loses to EVERYTHING

There's pretty much no reason for the opponent to stand there and block, unless I'm fucking it up super badly.

Onto 2D ender for now I guess... Unless there's something better?

Also, how do you continue your pressure if they respect you for some reason and block your mixup into a sword :v:

Corner PPP ender is pretty bad, if you're in the corner you pretty much always have the option to end in 2D, and wallsplat crumple may be the most optimal.

And yeah dash -> deploy -> dash -> mixup isn't legit as its always jumpable, if you don't want them to jump you have to deploy immediately after knockdown.  One way is to deploy both swords immediately, dash jump and go for the high low, then confirm it without help from swords.

If they do block your sword mixup, you still have all your options open for another mixup...6K/2D, 2KPP/2KPK, 214K, 236K, etc.  Or just Toranshi

We don't have a translation of the video as far as I know but based from what I've tested the two most important things are

• doing a microdash j.P in order to hit them. I've managed to hit the j.P without the dash once but that seems to be even more impractical. After Green Dauro buffering the microdash is key.
  • delaying all of your jump normals. The closer you are to the ground when you hit j.8D the faster and easier you will be able to perform the IAD. Delay j.K and j.S a bit and try to delay j.8D more.

Just as a note, the combo doesn't work against the whole cast. If you're having a hard time getting the microdash j.P out, you can practice the rest of the combo starting with a command grab. 236K > dash (not a microdash!) > j.P > delay > j.K > delay > j.S > max delay > j.8D |> IAD j.K > delay > j.S > j.8D etc.

The microdash isn't the problem for me (I played Valentine in skullgirls for the longest and all her best combos use dash jumps) I didn't know to delay my other normals though. Hitting J.p without the dash works on lighter characters for me (can get it semi-consistently on May). Thanks for the help though, do we know who all the combo works on? 

EDIT: BTW I've found that you input the dash just as ramlethal turns from green to regular color of daruo and you can get the microdash jump link pretty consistently.

Corner PPP ender is pretty bad, if you're in the corner you pretty much always have the option to end in 2D, and wallsplat crumple may be the most optimal.

And yeah dash -> deploy -> dash -> mixup isn't legit as its always jumpable, if you don't want them to jump you have to deploy immediately after knockdown.  One way is to deploy both swords immediately, dash jump and go for the high low, then confirm it without help from swords.

If they do block your sword mixup, you still have all your options open for another mixup...6K/2D, 2KPP/2KPK, 214K, 236K, etc.  Or just Toranshi

Thanks, however I'm still baffled about what do do after 2D, both with or without swords.

Wallsplat crumble is c.SS / C.S > H? If that's the case, I don't know what's really optimal after that either ;_;

I think that we need an oki thread way more than a combo thread.

There are so many options if you include YRC setups, that it's easy to get lost. I haven't even looked into those yet and I'm still lost, pls help

Yeah I've got all of these links bookmarked already, but it would be really helpful to beginners if there was a guide like so

(no deploys) A ender > B oki

(deploys) A ender > C oki

(no deploys) D ender > E oki

and so on.

Atm stuff's all over the place, therefore it's hard to know what to do even after the most basic setups and situations if you haven't watched hours of jp footage beforehand.

It also sucks since, because I don't know which enders are actually worth doing, I also don't know which combos to practice.

I spent my first hour of the game last night getting a PPP ender combo down since I've been seeing it a lot and seemed easy, only to realize that it's trash today :v:

Haha, PPP ender is not terrible, you'll get it alot from midscreen confirms that don't fully corner-carry. 

And an oki thread would definitely be great.

I think in terms of her combo enders, its basically:

-far knockdown (PPP, midscreen throw, midscreen j.8D)

-close knockdown (2KK, 2D)

-crumple (post wallsplat)

Close knockdown and crumple definitely have setups, but it seems JP players just kinda do whatever after a far knockdown, often its just set both swords and try to get in.  I'm not really clear on this either, hopefully someone can clarify

What Is Ramnlethals game plan in neutral? I find that I'm completely lost in knowning what to do with her neutral game. Deploy swords? Keep swords for pokes? Her game totally confuses me.

Her neutral game is ... strange. It depends on who you're fighting against tbh. Against mobile characters like Millia and Chipp it might not be the wisest to deploy a sword randomly. They can just run past it and maybe even punish you. Batako keeps his swords against Sol most of the time unless he scores a knockdown f.e. Just watch match videos of Batako or Karinchu (who both have a completely different style) against a certain character and see how their gameplan goes.

As far as deploying swords goes, at least for me, is to never deploy both of them at the same time (unless you're fighting someone slow). Smart opponents will just react if it's either a 6S or 6HS sword and then dash/airdash accordingly in order to punish you. That leads to another point: Deploying swords will only cover one space next to the opponent. They won't just sit there, waiting for the sword to hit them. If you set the S sword be prepared to stuff them from the air and if you set the H sword, be prepared to counter poke with f.S. If your opponent is really jump happy whenever you set your swords, you can IAD j.P. This move is ridiculously good and depending on how you hit your opponent, even lets you start a j.8D loop leading into her sword oki. Setting swords with YRC is also a thing, making the deployments much safer.

Poking with f.S is okay I'd say. The move looks great but in reality the hitbox is smaller than it looks, the recovery isn't the best and the start-up is slowish as well, making it very hard to get a poke game going against chars like Ky, Faust, El (her f.S is what Ram's f.S was supposed to be imo, lol), May and maybe Leo.

I'm planning to have an oki thread up by sunday unless someone will have beaten me to it.

The Daiji combo video doesn't say much more than what Sakaku has observed above. The rest is just saying he hopes to make the combo compatible with more characters later.

There are 3 ways to hitconfirm into the combo:
1) c.S > dauro~
2) c.S > dauro > dash c.S > dauro~
3) c.S > dauro > dash 5PK~

All the hits after the airdash need to be delayed. To prevent jump canceling, keep the stick at 9.

Batako has a bunch of notes on twitter but they are kind of hard to translate for me. Some stuff I could make out:

- without S sword, you can't delay the j8D too much in the loop
- add jP in between jK and jS to make the opponent float higher, i.e., jKPS8D
- you can pick up off 214K > c.S or 5P or 5K
- 2147K > 5P is a tight link but should be doable to most characters aside from Ky, Pot and maybe Bedman (he doesn't remember too well... also keep in mind this was pre-console release)

Someone compiled all his Ramlethal twitter notes here if anyone wants to translate them: http://togetter.com/id/KS_BASARAX

Ramlethal's 4k ender is one of her most underexplored/underused enders it seems.Imo 4k with one or both swords deployed,along with 2D are her best enders to start okizeme especially in the corner.It gives you the option to crossup your opponent on wakeup,while giving you enough time to do some meaty setups with 6s and 6HS,when sword/s are deployed.So you can setup some left/right 50/50s,which if are blocked you can still go for high,low,command grab,or even double crossup mixups.I made a video with some okizeme ideas.Also i included a example/combo that can lead there.

Btw if you have already deployed a sword somewhere in the stage and you summon it again(over/near)the opponent,timingwise it's like having it already equipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKxixyRzvI

The only downside seems to be,that if the combo is prorated enough,4k may not cause hard knockdown.I'm not so sure about that,but i tried the same combo in the video above,using double Dauro,instead of PK and Sol was able to recover at the end of the combo.

As I see it, the big problem with crossup combos is that Ram's best damage comes from corner combos, and you're putting yourself as far from a corner as possible. Barring a full stage carry with a Daiji combo, you've given up your best followup options and future oki options. I suspect this is why you don't see it much.

I spent some time today figuring out simple setups after 2D ender which can't be mashed, thrown or upbacked.

This is what I ended up with, obviously I'm not sharing it thinking it's new tech, I mainly want to know your guys' opinions on them and if I should keep using them for the time being:

- Both Equipped:

2D > 6H > 9j.6S > dash 6K / 2K / Cargo > sword hits > 5S > Dauro

- 1 or 2 Deployed

2D > 9sj.2S > 6K / 2K > sword launches > 5C > j.9D

The second oki option won't let me command throw unfortunately, but it's still good as long as it does work and I'm not missing something.

As I see it, the big problem with crossup combos is that Ram's best damage comes from corner combos, and you're putting yourself as far from a corner as possible. Barring a full stage carry with a Daiji combo, you've given up your best followup options and future oki options. I suspect this is why you don't see it much.

I see your point..Being able to execute the Daiji combo would come in handy in crossup situations in order not to lose the corner positioning.Still you have the option not to crossup by holding up forward and if you do it correctly it can look ambiguous,or go for some YRC mixups.Basically most of the 2D options could apply here as long as you have at least one sword deployed.The big advantage of 2D over 4K is that you can jump cancel it,while the latter's advantage over 2D is that you can cross them up if you want to.I think that using every tool in your arsenal can make your okizeme more unpredictable and fearful in general.

Is the only way to do a sword mixup off a 2KK(when the sword is far from the opponent) by doing an IA 6S/6H?  This setup is tough as hell to get down as the timing is super strict. If not are there any ways of making the IA 6S/6H off the 2KK easier to execute?

Haha, PPP ender is not terrible, you'll get it alot from midscreen confirms that don't fully corner-carry. 

And an oki thread would definitely be great.

I think in terms of her combo enders, its basically:

-far knockdown (PPP, midscreen throw, midscreen j.8D)

-close knockdown (2KK, 2D)

-crumple (post wallsplat)

Close knockdown and crumple definitely have setups, but it seems JP players just kinda do whatever after a far knockdown, often its just set both swords and try to get in.  I'm not really clear on this either, hopefully someone can clarify

If midstage PPP gives a far knockdown that you can't reasonably follow up, that seems to be terrible. It might be the best we can get from that situation, not sure, but it still sucks and I'm unhappy with it. I was thinking this morning that maybe hypersonic's idea of using 4K could be useful midstage where you're too far from the corner to carry for a wallsplat (or when you want to add a bunch of 4Ps to burst bait), since that way we actually get to do setups. I'll give it a try next time I can.

Hey folks, I'm trying to do Challenge #39 which begins 2D, 623P, c5S, JC jD... The c5S is connecting but he always techs before the jD connects.  Is there something I'm missing?

Ok forget that idea, I forget they just tech before the 4K.

Is the only way to do a sword mixup off a 2KK(when the sword is far from the opponent) by doing an IA 6S/6H?  This setup is tough as hell to get down as the timing is super strict. If not are there any ways of making the IA 6S/6H off the 2KK easier to execute?

You can just do the summon from standing, like 2KK 6H 6K. The IA version doesn't even meaty anyways.

Hey folks, I'm trying to do Challenge #39 which begins 2D, 623P, c5S, JC jD... The c5S is connecting but he always techs before the jD connects.  Is there something I'm missing?

You need them to be really high up, so you need the just frame darou and to hit the c.S really early, then do a fast IA j.8D. I found it pretty tricky at first.

I mostly have trouble with the last hit of that trial, they just tech out of the wallsplat. A friend told me you need to wait for them to slide down the wall a bit, so I'm going to try that.

Ok forget that idea, I forget they just tech before the 4K.

You can just do the summon from standing, like 2KK 6H 6K. The IA version doesn't even meaty anyways.

It's not timed so it hits meaty, it's timed so you can follow your 2k or 6k with a cS after the sword hit.

It's not timed so it hits meaty, it's timed so you can follow your 2k or 6k with a cS after the sword hit.

You can do that off the standing version too. I'd think it'd be easier, even, since you're doing the 6K earlier so you have more time between when it ends and when the sword hitstun ends.

You can do that off the standing version too. I'd think it'd be easier, even, since you're doing the 6K earlier so you have more time between when it ends and when the sword hitstun ends.

That's how I do it myself, I really don't know WHY the jump is there, maybe it's just for style or to help with the timing.

The jump is there to confuse your opponent, you can also chose which side you wanna land on (same side over head, same side low or opposite side, same option or air dash either side mixup, it gives you more option once they are scared

He's using the jump to reduce recovery on sword call as sword is already out.

Was this known? Apparently Ram's forward dash dodges Pot's slide head lol

On another note, can anyone share some matchup views against the entire casts? I'm having a lot of trouble in neutral.