Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

One thing I've been doing recently that upped my damage a lot is any time you hit a daruo you know will end in PPP wallsplat you can instead do 

Green Daruo-> dash PK->c.S->j.9D->airdash loop x2->PPP->wall splat combo. Seems to work from around the same range as PPP wallsplats and is way more damage. c.S seems to work against most of the cast, but haven't tested everyone yet. In fact, except when I know I can't reach the corner PPP seems to be inferior in just about every way. 

Also this works in the corner. Though you would want to omit the PK for lights like Millia & May and just go straight into c.S else they will be to high in the loop making hitting the wall splat hard. The PK in the corner is needed vs Eddie and I think Ky also. 

Haven't tested the heavies (Pot & Bedman) so not sure what variant would work on them.

If you want even more damage and feel confident in microdashes you can do Daruo -> dash cS -> 5H -> j8D instead. Works with H-sword equipped or deployed, but it gives different height.

Against Bedman I'm pretty sure you need Ps in the IAD reps to keep him from falling too far, been awhile since I tested it. Not sure about Potemkin

Double Dauro with one rep (j.K > j.P > j.S > j.8D) seems to work the best for me against both heavies. Does about the same damage as 2 reps and 1 dauro. Instead of doing Dauro, dash c.S > 5HS you could also do 2D > dauro, c.S > j.8D into the loop. I've made a post about that particular combo in the combo thread on who it works and on who it doesn't.

If you want even more damage and feel confident in microdashes you can do Daruo -> dash cS -> 5H -> j8D instead. Works with H-sword equipped or deployed, but it gives different height.

I'll try that, microdashes after daruo are pretty easy. Buffer window is pretty big, I was doing the PK as a way to raise Eddie higher into the air, if H does that instead for more damage that would be awesome.

So if you have H-sword equipped at the end of an airdash loop combo what wallsplat combo do you all go for? j.S->j.HS option seems to let them tech if you have H sword equipped, but will combo if H sword is deployed. Haven't gotten down the 

c.S->f.S->6S->dash->c.S->6H-> dash c.S->2D option yet, so not sure if that should be used and it is just my execution of it being off. Keeping doing the first dash c.S to quick which fucks stuff up.

Doing c.S > 5HS > 6HS into a high/low/CG mix-up seems to be the most favorable option in your case. That's also what Batako is using most of the time instead of going for the double deploy combo.

And regarding Zato, just double Dauro into one rep.

edit: dash c.S > 5HS > j.8D into 2 reps works too but is a lot harder on him. It does like 10 damage more.

Been grinding out Ram pretty hard and I'm almost to a serviceable level. 

Still working on confirms/completing combos/anti airs.

For random sword hit confirms (especially air hits) what do you guys usually do? I try to go for dash up cS but sometimes Im too far away and I get fS or they tech.

Also does the wallsplat combo get harder with longer combos before the splat? Not really sure the height I want them at after the splat either.

I always drop the splat combo at the bold part.

splat cS fS 6HS cS 6S cS 2D oki

Saw c0r mention using j.D in neutral and I def want to try this as I do have some trouble dealing with people jumping (although j.P the god)

I think you need to do a fast dash after 6HS so you can connect cS at the appropriate timing.

It depends on how far away you are and how high they are up in the air. For random air hits where the opponent is nowhere near a corner the easiest probably is dash > jump > [air combo].

If you have 50% Tension to spare and your opponent is about halfscreen away you can do stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMk_9hBI-GM&feature=youtu.be or https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lXOIHE8SrLY#t=977

Mine probably isn't optimized, pretty sure you can add a 2nd rep.

For the wallsplat combo, it works after most if not all combos. I have yet to find a combo where it's not working unless you're wallsplatting them way too high. K0r mentioned somewhere in this thread that the height doesn't matter as long as you delay the c.S and the f.S after the initial splat, but I'm not sure if this is also the case for super long combos.

For your problem, you're either doing the c.S too fast or too slow. Doing it too fast makes the sword not combo, doing it too slow makes them recover before c.S hits. I usually just delay the dash and it's working 99% of the time, if that helps.

Maybe we should keep this stuff in the combo thread, idk :P

Also does the wallsplat combo get harder with longer combos before the splat? Not really sure the height I want them at after the splat either.

The wallsplat is just something you have to get used to. If it's a bit low I'd go for cS fS but if it's a bit higher I'd go for cS 5H for more damage (works with H-sword either deployed or equipped) and if the wallsplat is high enough it's almost impossible to combo with cS fS.

Hey guys! Been playing Ram since I got the game and I've really been liking the character! Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in, but would it be alright if I posted a vid of my Ram and you guys give me some suggestions on how to improve? I'd really appreciate it.

Anyways, I'll do my best to contribute to the thread in any way I can. Really looking forward to learning more about this character!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to start combos in neutral with Ram off a c.S (or anything really that leads to Dauro). What are some tips? What should I jump in with if I don't have a sword equipped?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to start combos in neutral with Ram off a c.S (or anything really that leads to Dauro). What are some tips? What should I jump in with if I don't have a sword equipped?

Generally in nuetral your not going to hit a whole lot of stuff other then f.S, j.P, random sword hits, Air Throw, and Defensive Throws. f.S on crouching & counter is a free Daruo. j.P and throws let you setup swords for oki, that is where you'll get your most mileage. You can do stuff like throw 6H->dash 2K->(6H Hits)->c.S or 6H->dash 6K->(6H hits)->c.S. That is what you are aiming for. Also I hit most of my c.S against airborne opponents after them getting hit by 2S or 2H swords when deployed. 

Only other trick I really have is f.S->RC->dash c.S->daruo.

Is j.P generally better to throw out than j.K?

jP is the better air to air normal.Fast startup,good upward hitbox,can chain to itself.jK is the better air normal vs grounded opponents after IAD or delayed airdash,because it has better downward hitbox and can hit crouchers

I don't think anyone has metioned this yet but check out the combo at 17:24 here.  The beginning IAD part is not necessary of course but I like the use of the 6HS in there.

(HS sword deployed) IAD jK, jS, c5S, Darou, 5PK, 6HS (HS sword hits), j8D, dash, 5PPP (wallstick)...

The set linked above seemed interesting, so I watched some of it.

Batako did the crumble > j.2S setup here, but got thrown.

Only the air dash j.K safejump beats all options? I thought both j.K and land > low hit meaty, guess I was wrong. Does this mean the setup's jumpable too?

I do realise that the footage is a little outdated, so he might've just messed up or something

The set linked above seemed interesting, so I watched some of it.

Batako did the crumble > j.2S setup here, but got thrown.

Only the air dash j.K safejump beats all options? I thought both j.K and land > low hit meaty, guess I was wrong. Does this mean the setup's jumpable too?

I do realise that the footage is a little outdated, so he might've just messed up or something

If you jump that high before setting swords then yes, that setup is jumpable.  They still have to block after jumping however.

Also if you neutral jump after crumple c.S 5H you won't get counterthrown since you'll land further.  Can also do the empty low with 2K which has more range. 

Something else I was playing with today is a slight variation of Challenge #41. (both swords set in the corner) c5S, 2D, Darou, 5PPP, c5S, 2D JC j2HS (land), c5S, 2S, IAD jHS (land), j8D.

The 2D in bold is the variation (in the challenge it's 5HS).  The 2D seems to have extra crumple animation which makes it easier (for me) to do j2HS.  The trick is to do it as soon as you hit 2D (don't wait for it to connect, just believe).

Crumple oki is nice and all but I think you get more safer options out of 2D. Really crumple oki just gives better options for command grab but you get  6K,2K,2KPP covered strings, 2D, airdash mixup, airdash safe jump, etc from 2D. Also double sword they can jump but they will be blocking the swords in the air leaving you at advantage with j.P strings, airthrow, or air unblockables. Also gives toranshi as an option for a guaranteed combo if they block it in the air. 

Crumple oki is nice and all but I think you get more safer options out of 2D. Really crumple oki just gives better options for command grab but you get  6K,2K,2KPP covered strings, 2D, airdash mixup, airdash safe jump, etc from 2D. Also double sword they can jump but they will be blocking the swords in the air leaving you at advantage with j.P strings, airthrow, or air unblockables. Also gives toranshi as an option for a guaranteed combo if they block it in the air. 

I'm pretty sure any setup you can get from 2D oki you can also get from crumple oki, including the high/lows and safejumps.  Main advantage of crumple oki seems to be that its hard to reversal out of

It depends on what you want to use as mix-up tbh. Like someone else stated in this thread before, one of the main advantages of crumple oki is it's much harder for the opponent to see when they can press buttons again. The visual clue given when waking up makes the reversal window a lot easier compared to the small crumple recovery animation. Also, you can do all of the options you mentioned with crumple oki, so I'd say they are more or less equal in terms of usefulness.

edit: lol got beaten to it.

As for double sword mix-ups, there's only one spot where they can potentially jump out: After you set the 2nd sword and do an overhead. They need to FD as soon as they leave the ground though because otherwise they'll still get hit by the overhead. They can't jump out of your first IAD/empty mix-up if you're doing it right, and you'll catch their jump start-up if you're doing 2K after setting the 2nd sword.

How does the airdash safe jump work?