Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Can also be used in combos, and you can attempt to weird out your opponent by doing equipped jH -> 214K on block to make jH a bit safer.

While not instant, you can TK it by doing 2147K as the air version is faster. This is one of her fastest overhead options from standing (and beats some lows) and you can followup with PPP (tight link).

Don't forget that it's + on block.

So...her best anti-air is supposed to be her 6P, the universal anti-air. I think I read that it has a good amount of upperbody invincibility, starting from frame 1, yet I can't use it to counter Sol bandit revolver (or the held down one). I get counterhit, trades or clashes and the only time it wins is before the hitbox of bandit revolver comes out...why is this. I'm going to assume it's because bandit revolver doesn't hit just upperbody but I don't know...logically it should work.

Actually 4P or 5P beat bandit revolver,both at close range(where sol does the knee at the beginning) and at far HS range.And you get a counterhit too.So you can punish him with your combination move PK.

At mid or close range you can do PK>dash PK>KPP>PPP or PK>dash PK>c5S jc>j8D.If they did it at far HS range it's hard to continue the previous combos though(they recover in the air when you dash),so better resort to PPP to get the knockdown.

As for bandit bringer as stated on 9:02 PM post :Backdash, Blitz Shield, air throw, j. P air to air.I don't think you can anti air this move with anything lol.

Bandit Revolver is 9 frames, Ramlethal's 6P is 10.

The falling hit that you would even try to 6P takes much longer to come out than that, it's just an issue of her 6P not being good enough to beat it out, nothing to do with speed.

BBCP was my first arcsys-game, GGXRD is my second. I miss AA's from BB. :/

I did not know that 5P beats revolver, that really helps in that matchup if I'm out of meter for BS.

Not sure if this was posted yet (I read most of the thread), but if my hcb f+H super(with both swords set) happens to hit raw, what should I be attacking with while it's hitting, for maximum damage? And is there a way to continue the combo afterwards?

Edit: I'm also having a very very hard time getting dash P after 623P, to the point that it is making me want to quit this character.

if you didn't get green dauro just do pk, dash pk, dash pp~p it can carry to corner. Getting a dash pk on non green dauro is possible and kinda hard, but if you trained that way you will messed your normal timing dash for green one.

if you want easier tho, you can do just pk , kkk without any dashes it connect on sol, near corner you can still get wallsplat, otherwise it's better than dropping a dash pk, especially with the lag on online play.

Sin j.S can beat it, it's pretty obnoxious.

Vs Sin I practiced instant blocking his slide in training mode and that helps a bit. His 214S (full screen overhead) can be BSed on reaction so I practiced that a bit too. I'm still not very familiar with the matchup though.

Sins j.H beats Ram's j.p all the time as well.... At least whenever I play against sin :(

How do you guys go about microdashing? I'm trying to learn super basic bnb combos (dauro-PK-PK-PPP) and I'm completely unable to string the 2nd PK, its always either 6P or grey beat and they tech away. I have not been able to find the timing, do any of you guys have figured this out? 

How do you guys go about microdashing? I'm trying to learn super basic bnb combos (dauro-PK-PK-PPP) and I'm completely unable to string the 2nd PK, its always either 6P or grey beat and they tech away. I have not been able to find the timing, do any of you guys have figured this out? 

You buffer it at the end of the move. You shouldn't be visually confirming the dashing, if you are reacting to the dash you are going to be too slow. Learn when the move recovers and press the second forward just before you finish recovering so your character will dash forward ASAP after the move recovers. Window isn't terribly tight.

I'm generally referring to raw Toranshi landing (either from them getting hit out of something or them running out of meter to faultless defense from airblocking).

I tried testing stuff yesterday but... Got distracted playing matches instead.

So from raw toranshi right in front of your face close to wall, most damage I got out was from doing

Toranshi > cS -> fS -> 5H jc j8D *dash* PPP

Onemic: Sins jH shouldn't beat Ram jP. I guess jP got shorter range but it's faster startup, if you do IAD jP it should beat anything sin does when he goes airborne if you jumped at the same time.

You buffer it at the end of the move. You shouldn't be visually confirming the dashing, if you are reacting to the dash you are going to be too slow. Learn when the move recovers and press the second forward just before you finish recovering so your character will dash forward ASAP after the move recovers. Window isn't terribly tight.

Any tips on how to figure out when the move is actually on recovery? At some points I'm able to get it to string, but I can't do it consistently. Its like, the times I get it right I don't understand what am I doing right XD

Sorry if I'm being obnoxious!

If you want to figure out exactly when a move ends, do the move then immediately hold FD. When you see the FD come out, that's where the recovery ends. Jumping also works but then you need to deal with jump startup.

So in practice mode I found out ram has a unlisted 623k its a sliding low kick, anyone else know that?

It's just 3K and is a command normal. It is useful for some oki off throw setups giving you a long range meaty low that you can combo c.S off of 6H/6S. Can also be used in some setups with 2H/2S. Also low profiles so has a little bit of neutral use with if you have a sword activated nearby.

Any tips on how to figure out when the move is actually on recovery? At some points I'm able to get it to string, but I can't do it consistently. Its like, the times I get it right I don't understand what am I doing right XD

Sorry if I'm being obnoxious!

No worries man her combo's just aren't incredibly stable. If top japanese drop combos fairly often with her there is a reason. All her combos are horribly character specific where little tweaks make all the difference.

Honestly just grind it out. See what you are doing wrong. No dash you did it to early. For the Daruo -> PK combo the widow is HUGE you don't even need to do it buffered, but I'd recommend it that way because then your inputs will be tighter making other combo's easier. If you are dashing but not hitting the P you aren't pressing P quick enough or they are teching to quick because you didn't dash quick enough. On the Daruo->PK combo it again is kinda character specific light characters you have to delay the hits a lot or they will end up too high on a green daruo. 

You should really learn to do microdash after daruo as in the corner daruo->dash c.S is needed for the IAD loop on some characters so doing it literally ASAP is important or you'll miss out on big damage. (Fuck Faust!).

Also on some combos you have to delay normals, on other combos on some characters it helps to not do the microdash after daruo but instead to it after the first PK. Her combo's are just all a little character specific, imo. Also what combo are you trying? Daiji combo imo isn't hard because of the microdash as much as it is hard to time the god damn j.P right so you get the microdash & hit the j.P. Personally I've given up on a meterless Daiji combo on most of the cast for now, shit just is to hard to do consistently on most of the cast. Some of the lighter characters it isn't the hardest combo ever on but characters like Sol where if you aren't frame perfect the j.P will miss .... fuck my life. Just eat the simple 25% combo into mixup and I'll use an RC if I want full screen carry brokenness. 

If you want to figure out exactly when a move ends, do the move then immediately hold FD. When you see the FD come out, that's where the recovery ends. Jumping also works but then you need to deal with jump startup.

By FD you mean forward dust? Also, thanks for the help!

Also what combo are you trying? Daiji combo imo isn't hard because of the microdash as much as it is hard to time the god damn j.P right so you get the microdash & hit the j.P. Personally I've given up on a meterless Daiji combo on most of the cast for now, shit just is to hard to do consistently on most of the cast. Some of the lighter characters it isn't the hardest combo ever on but characters like Sol where if you aren't frame perfect the j.P will miss .... fuck my life. Just eat the simple 25% combo into mixup and I'll use an RC if I want full screen carry brokenness. 

Thanks a bunch for the help, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm doing the very basic of the basics: 5S-2D-Dauro-PK-PK-PPP-IAD-j5HS-j5S-2D-Dauro. I found this combo on a tutorial video Jiyuna made.

My problem right now is getting the Dauro-pk-pk without dropping it. Most of the time I'm getting a dash 6P (the antiair) or just flat 6P instead of the PK. Right now, thats my main concern. Its a really basic combo, but if I manage to consistently pull of the microdash that would be the gateway to more complicated stuff. Right now, if I cant even do that right, there's not much point in sticking with the character. 

I also have massive problems with IADs, but that's another thing altogether XD.

Thanks a bunch for the help, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm doing the very basic of the basics: 5S-2D-Dauro-PK-PK-PPP-IAD-j5HS-j5S-2D-Dauro. I found this combo on a tutorial video Jiyuna made.

My problem right now is getting the Dauro-pk-pk without dropping it. Most of the time I'm getting a dash 6P (the antiair) or just flat 6P instead of the PK. Right now, thats my main concern. Its a really basic combo, but if I manage to consistently pull of the microdash that would be the gateway to more complicated stuff. Right now, if I cant even do that right, there's not much point in sticking with the character. 

He means faultless defense 4 then two buttons or like others call it "Green Guarding". Well if you are getting 6P you aren't letting it get back to nuetral before you press P. Need to delay pressing P a bit more so it doesn't read the forward input. 

Also on some characters if you do green Daruo you need to be careful about that combo because they will be very very high, so you need to shorten it to PK->PPP instead of 2 pk's. 

Also again the IAD wallsplat combo is IAD j.S->j.H->c.S->2D .... strongly recommend against doing another daruo here as the 2D knockdown would be ruined. On longer combos you need to do j.S->j.H-> dash c.S->2D because the push back after IAD loops is so great c.S->2D might make the 2D whiff.

you dont even need a green dauro for the combo, and only need 1 dash. (note: you can do dash after non green dauro but the timing is really tight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWg53tddiTY

the timing for dash after pk is to wait until the spark on kick is gone then do the dash immediately pk, the dash must be very very short or you will miss the p.

but for sure green dauro, dash pk, dash pk, can carry more further away.

I have problem with IAD stuff too, delaying j8d is really tricky sometimes I waited too long sometimes too fast hard to do it consistently.

my old main was testament, all he need was tk badlands :TE:

Press P just as you input the 3

EDIT: Effective methods for gaining meter? Seems like her only attacks that have meter gain are her S and HS attacks that involve her swords.

There's no real trick to it, just practice. Some people like to input DP motions as 6236~button which won't work if you want to get green Dauro, so look at your inputs in practice mode to figure out if you're doing a "real" DP motion. You have an interval of 3 frames for pressing down forward and the P button.

And yeah, Ram's only attacks that give her meter her swords. While it does sound weak at first, the meter gain is insane. You're getting ~16% tension for every equipped sword normal on hit and 8% on block. And since this is Guilty Gear, moving forward is a very effective way to gain meter as well.

I don't think it's weak at all but the only efficient BnB's I've found require her to be up in the opponents face for 5S short to work.

Does perfect Dauro connect from the very edge of the hitbox on 5S long?