Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I don't think it's weak at all but the only efficient BnB's I've found require her to be up in the opponents face for 5S short to work.

Does perfect Dauro connect from the very edge of the hitbox on 5S long?

f.S will combo into daruo on crouchers and on counter hit at peak range, but not standing non-counterhit.

Most of her combos not from c.5S are coming from sword hits so like deploy sword->2K->(sword hits)->link a c.5S->Daruo where you can switch 2K for 6K in most situations.

A combo using as many sword attacks as possible would probably be

CH/crouching opponent f.S > 623P, dash c.S > 5HS > jc > j.8D |> [iAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |>] x2 > dash c.S > f.S > 6S > delay dash c.S > (sword hits) > 6HS > dash c.S > (sword hits) dash c.S > 2D

Meter gain is ~52%, but being in the situation where you hit a f.S on a crouching opponent/as CH near corner with both swords equipped isn't...  common.

I need some good safe jumps (or even not safe jumps, if they are still useful setups) off of 2D, 1K3K and 5PPP...like Good oki setups such as a safejump against dps, the ability to just barely hit them high or low as you land and the option to airdash in just as they get up. Been experimenting with stuff but there's just so many possibilities, particularly after 2D since it's jump cancellable.

Okay so i wanted to and learn ramlethal and was wondering where do i start as far learn bnb and how the character works she looks really fun

A combo using as many sword attacks as possible would probably be

CH/crouching opponent f.S > 623P, dash c.S > 5HS > jc > j.8D |> [iAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |>] x2 > dash c.S > f.S > 6S > delay dash c.S > (sword hits) > 6HS > dash c.S > (sword hits) dash c.S > 2D

Meter gain is ~52%, but being in the situation where you hit a f.S on a crouching opponent/as CH near corner with both swords equipped isn't...  common.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having. The biggest meter gain in a non situational combo I could find was around 25% but it requires you to microdash c.5S right in the opponents face and I feel like the risk outweighs the reward.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having. The biggest meter gain in a non situational combo I could find was around 25% but it requires you to microdash c.5S right in the opponents face and I feel like the risk outweighs the reward.

He forgot the PPP after airdash loop on that one. Anytime you hit a wallsplat you can hit a double sword combo if you did things correctly and have swords equipped, and if you have S sword equipped air dash loop is mad meter. That wallsplat combo is extremely consistent once you learn it, but Ramlethal combos in generally all have a bit of character specificity that makes you need to adjust them so the wallsplat at the correct height.

Your meter gain is going to come from shit in the corner so your midscreen combos should focus on corner carry and oki, imo.

For midscreen if you want optimal it is whatever daiji variant works on that character. They are without question the best midscreen combos, but other then Faust/I-no I haven't been able to successfully do any of them more then once or twice in dozens of tries.

I need some good safe jumps (or even not safe jumps, if they are still useful setups) off of 2D, 1K3K and 5PPP...like Good oki setups such as a safejump against dps, the ability to just barely hit them high or low as you land and the option to airdash in just as they get up. Been experimenting with stuff but there's just so many possibilities, particularly after 2D since it's jump cancellable.

If you cover yourself with a sword you can always do greenguard empty jump low off just about any setup. Once you feel more safe you can mix-in the airdash and overhead options on setups that aren't reversal safe.

Other then that.

2D->2S will almost meaty the sword if it is cancelled so you can do the above or do 2D->2S ->tk j.2H and most reversals can be blocked or will miss you as you recover quickly and are at sweep range. After the first sword is blocked. Either do a jump mixup covered by the j.2H or dash 6K,2K so the sword will lift them for a combo.

2D->deploy 6H (mild delay based on the character) j.H works also (sword needs to teleport so equipped or far away). The j. H is a safe jump, but  you can also do an empty jump covered by the 6H blockstun so they can't interrupt the low or throw you.

2KK airdash (not IAD needs to be a little above IAD height) crossup 6H/6S from equipped (sword must be equipped for quicker recovery), j.K works on Sol and a couple others but it is pretty Sol specific in application imo.

2D->jc 2H (near peak of jump)->air dash at lowest height and heavily delay j.K works well against Sol and a few others. 

any tips against Zato, I get wrecked by any decent Zato who can pressure well.

is his drill mine + j.5k unblockable? I can't do nothing blocking low will get me hit from high.

Having difficulties getting close to him and from far away drill + mawaru keep me grounded, it's only the matter of time until I blocked wrong then I eat some nasty dmg.

any tips against Zato, I get wrecked by any decent Zato who can pressure well.

is his drill mine + j.5k unblockable? I can't do nothing blocking low will get me hit from high.

Having difficulties getting close to him and from far away drill + mawaru keep me grounded, it's only the matter of time until I blocked wrong then I eat some nasty dmg.

The mine hits low and the j.K hits high, so yeah it's an "unblockable", but actually the way it works in GG is that two things can't hit on the same frame, so if they're both meaty, the "oldest" object will hit first, which would be Zato, so the j.K. Then the other hit comes on the next frame. It's technically possible to switch your guard on the 1f between the two but it's so difficult and Zato can just vary the timing to make the mine hit first that it's considered "unblockable."

The big thing you CAN do though, is that because it doesn't actually hit high and low on the same frame, you can blitz shield the j.K (since it comes first), then use the invuln of the blitz shield success to give you enough time to switch your block to low to block the mine. Eddie reels from the BS long enough that you can safely block the mine without worrying about him.

It's not fool-proof, since Zato can just vary the timing on the j.K and you'll get rocked, but it's an out.

Didn't the Japanese consider Ramlethal vs Zato match up to be slighty in Ramlethal's favor? I remember hearing that Karinchu or Batako was making Ogawa look free initially but Ogawa's got a good grasp on the match up now. 

Anyways, this type of question should probably go into the match up thread. I find that playing a more zoning game against Zato is effective as deployed 6S and 2S controls Eddie while 6HS or 2HS controls Zato when he's flying around. If you get Zato to respect one of the swords that's when you can start applying pressure on him and try to run your game. Other wise just continue to play the neutral game and keep an eye out for Eddie and then Zato's relative position to avoid being put into his pressure situations. If Zato is flying around you it's really hard to react with 6P anti-air as he can alter his timing and his j.K has a good hit box on it. If the swords are equipped you can use 2S, 2HS, or 5HS as an alternative anti-air option and even though they are slower on start up their large hit box works really well.

The bad Zato players will try to get Eddie to do the work for them which leaves Eddie vulnerable to your swords or 2K/2P. The good Zato players know they need to protect Eddie with out over committing themselves but this leaves them susceptible to deployed swords. One of the things I see with Zato players is that if you're over deploying your swords they'll shrink into the puddle and move towards you to cause the swords to whiff. If they get under neath you they'll YRC the recovery of the puddle and then go for a command grab or try to apply pressure. Sticking to the air will avoid this situation but depending on the position the YRC slow down might open you up to Eddie anti-air or an air throw from Zato.

If you find yourself caught in Zato's pressure it's best to block low and react to his 6K over head since it's slower in Xrd and not commonly used anymore. The major thing you have to keep an eye out is the command grab which you can either up back, throw, or interrupt with 2P but there's associated risks with this.

I need some good safe jumps

Keep in mind that characters have different wakeup-times, and then again different depending on what kind of knockdown. A safejump that works on one character might probably not work on other characters.

Against Zato, if you have 50 meter you can do a dead angle attack if you blocked first hit successfully. Zato is so strong with momentum, but so is Ram.

So... I (finally) got the game yesterday, and I've been practicing my Ram since then, so far I'm really liking her, i don't seem to be having any problem in microdashing, and i can do the IAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D loop pretty easily, however I don't really understand a few things:

what am I supposed to do in neutral? I haven't had many matches, but in those I've had i kept both my swords hoping to get a CHf.5S to link into dauro, catching people in the air with j.P and then throwing them away with j.8D, or trying to jump in with either j.P or j.K and then kicking them away with 5KKK as i got on the ground; I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to it though.

Also, although this may have been caused by the lag, when i tried to do the:"stuff> 623P> 5PPP> c5S> 5HS 6D> 6K> (sword hits)> etc." combo, everyone mashed me out as i was doing 6K, is this normal? Am i supposed to do something else? Is it the lag's fault?

Oh, and one last thing, what are her most effective blockstrings? Am i just supposed to do a combination move such as 2KPP or 2KK and then stop everything and jump away?

what am I supposed to do in neutral?

Poke with f.S (When sword is equipped), jump/dash around with j.P, throw out a sword occasionally and test their reaction to it being placed and respond accordingly. She's not a "run in and push your buttons" type of character, it's a lot of poking and converting off of errant hits to set up for bigger damage off of her mix-up.

So... I (finally) got the game yesterday, and I've been practicing my Ram since then, so far I'm really liking her, i don't seem to be having any problem in microdashing, and i can do the IAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D loop pretty easily, however I don't really understand a few things:

what am I supposed to do in neutral? I haven't had many matches, but in those I've had i kept both my swords hoping to get a CHf.5S to link into dauro, catching people in the air with j.P and then throwing them away with j.8D, or trying to jump in with either j.P or j.K and then kicking them away with 5KKK as i got on the ground; I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to it though.

Also, although this may have been caused by the lag, when i tried to do the:"stuff> 623P> 5PPP> c5S> 5HS 6D> 6K> (sword hits)> etc." combo, everyone mashed me out as i was doing 6K, is this normal? Am i supposed to do something else? Is it the lag's fault?

Oh, and one last thing, what are her most effective blockstrings? Am i just supposed to do a combination move such as 2KPP or 2KK and then stop everything and jump away?

Really blockstrings only exist off setting swords on wake-up ->ticking->then using that frame advantage for something. 6K is really only tight when meatied or if you do double swords (2S,2H) as quick as possible to not leave a gap.

In nuetral think of her swords like fireballs so you can YRC them to do stuff. I find I am doing more 6S->Daruo and stuff to try and convert off them. 

Noobish question. How do you guys OS Ram's normal throws?

Only option would be 6P with swords, otherwise you have 6P/6S for -SH

6P OS is pretty hard on pad ><

Unfortunately there's no real answer to this aside from "Learn stick". Playing GG on pad is definitely possible, but you're going to have to find workarounds for a lot of things.

As another person stuck on pad (admittedly only until Amazon get some more Horis in stock), what I've been doing for throw OS is just quickly switching to clawing the pad, it's not ideal but it's an option.

On another note, what is the general thing people are doing for block strings, should I be doing canned strings and trying to mix in sword summons to frametrap and cover overheads or is there something else I should be doing instead?

As another person stuck on pad (admittedly only until Amazon get some more Horis in stock), what I've been doing for throw OS is just quickly switching to clawing the pad, it's not ideal but it's an option.

On another note, what is the general thing people are doing for block strings, should I be doing canned strings and trying to mix in sword summons to frametrap and cover overheads or is there something else I should be doing instead?

The way most JP players play her mid screen is just small poke strings into either sword set or backdashing/air backdashing away and then starting over.

So it's usually a lot of stuff like 4PPPP -> Something -> Set or just like Poke -> Set and so on. You'll rarely see people just do extended target combos on block. Ramlethal basically "wins" or at least puts herself in a very favorable situation to win the second she brings you to the corner, so you don't really need to take any unnecessary risks trying to just throw yourself at your opponent with extended blockstrings.

It's setting up an okizeme situation in challenge mode so you learn how to combo from your setups. Is there a part you're having trouble with?