Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Why does challenge 41 show the first two hits of the challenge not actually a part of a combo? Are you really not supposed to combo the first two hits or what?

The combo requires your swords to already be set, so it has you set them. The attacks the swords do when you place them are not part of the combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlaNLrWrESE&t=37:01

Just noticed a few more instant over heads and fuzzy guard set ups from Batako.

At 37:01 in the video he lands a back throw to the corner. Does 6HS and tries to time what I'm assuming is an instant over head j.K but misses it.

At 37:15 he lands PPP wall splat dash c.S, 5HS jump cancel max height j.2S, air dash j.K, j.2HS, land and then an immediate j.K for what I'm assuming is the fuzzy guard. When it connected you clearly see the exclamation mark notification that you got hit by a high when you were crouch blocking. I'm not sure if this is just Bedman specific or if it works on any other characters since I just noticed this set up.

At 37:15 he lands PPP wall splat dash c.S, 5HS jump cancel max height j.2S, air dash j.K, j.2HS, land and then an immediate j.K for what I'm assuming is the fuzzy guard. When it connected you clearly see the exclamation mark notification that you got hit by a high when you were crouch blocking. I'm not sure if this is just Bedman specific or if it works on any other characters since I just noticed this set up.

That setup worked on the 3-4 chars I tried it on but idk if its universal. It just requires you to time the rising j.K while they are still in blockstun from the last sword so do it quickly. It can also be done off of 2d pretty easily.

The other Batoko setup is doing the same oki but instead of rising j.K he just does land 6K. This works on block or if any of the parts hit so it is useful as well.

I always seem to get mashed after the 2kpp string. It is listed as +3 but I always seem to just lose (Elph fS, Slayer 5K). What do you guys do after to beat people pressing buttons? Do I just need to give up offense against chars with good buttons?

I usually stick out f.S > dauro/set sword after a blocked 2KPP. Elphelt shouldn't be able to throw out f.S before you do, they both have the same start-up (9f). Slayer's 5K (7f) also is too slow for him to catch you.

5K/2K is also a good choice, you should be able to be barely in range for it. If they mashed out anything you can hitconfirm 5KKK for at least a knockdown, or 5KK~6S/HS on block for sword pressure. Sometimes I just throw 2KPP again, but that's rather gimmicky because the second hit of the string will whiff from max range 2K.

IAD might work, but I guess that's a little bit safer once they started respecting you.

That setup worked on the 3-4 chars I tried it on but idk if its universal. It just requires you to time the rising j.K while they are still in blockstun from the last sword so do it quickly. It can also be done off of 2d pretty easily.

The other Batoko setup is doing the same oki but instead of rising j.K he just does land 6K. This works on block or if any of the parts hit so it is useful as well.

I always seem to get mashed after the 2kpp string. It is listed as +3 but I always seem to just lose (Elph fS, Slayer 5K). What do you guys do after to beat people pressing buttons? Do I just need to give up offense against chars with good buttons?

Which normal are you using after wards? Most of the time you're out of 5P range after the over head, which is why you'll lose to their farther ranged normals. If you have S Sword equipped you can use far S to beat their counter pokes after wards.

I try to limit my use of the full 2KPP string because you can be poked out/reversal/up back on the last hit and people are starting to block it on reaction now that they're familiar with her strings. I usually test them first and if they are able to block it then I start doing things like 2KP, 2D or 2KP, 6 or 2S/HS, (Y)RC see if they're blocking high then do 2D.

At first i was trying 2K and I remember it losing after that I just tried backdashing.jumping away etc.  I'll try 5K and 2K again maybe I just mistimed it or had the range wrong.

fS would be the best for discouraging mashing for sure since we get so much damage off of CH fS. I have to practice the timing in training.

I need to get in the habit of cancelling her target combos into swords more as well. It really opens up offensive possibilities. 

At first i was trying 2K and I remember it losing after that I just tried backdashing.jumping away etc.  I'll try 5K and 2K again maybe I just mistimed it or had the range wrong.

fS would be the best for discouraging mashing for sure since we get so much damage off of CH fS. I have to practice the timing in training.

I need to get in the habit of cancelling her target combos into swords more as well. It really opens up offensive possibilities. 

You can still get punished within the gap of first two hits of target combos into sword deploys. The target combos doesn't leave you at a far enough range and the sword deploy animation is enough of a visual queue for opponents to want to push a button. If you can get them to respect your up close offense then it's perfectly fine to go for but just be aware that it might not work on mashers. You can (Y)RC the sword deploys for safer pressure. As I mentioned before I like to use the RC's after the over head target combo and then use the slow down to go for 2D. Batako and Karinchu also like to do 5P or 2K into 6S/HS in the corner for the pressure.

Can anyone do the F***in j.8D loop combo on a DS4? I swear to god I'm gonna smash this controller if they don't restock these fight sticks, way over priced on Amazon ..IAD is non consistent on controller for me constantly dropping shit.. I haveover 30hrs in practice mode alone. Guess I'll have to pad hack my hitbox arcade stick. I wanted to see if I was the only one having issues with the DS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPNiqJCryQ can anyone explain what kind of wizardry is happening with the first oki setup? the second one seems to be something like backdash>YRC>jK sorta like what millia does but the first one is just too confusing

Holy fuck that looks incredibly dirty. Also did not know you could start IAD loops after daruo with 2PPK combination.

Yea both r really hard.
It seems that 2PPK u need to YRC right when the animation of the kick starts.
And for that back dash YRC is pretty hard too it does back dash and YRC but the kick doesn't seem to hit for some reason...
I'm trying it on axl also.

it feels hard as fuck to do for some reason lmao

You need to hit the backdash and the YRC at the same time (give or take), kinda like green Dauro. If you're just a little late Ram will be too low for the j.K to come out. Same goes for the 2PPK, I've been having a lot more success by doing 2PPK~PSHS.

I find back dash YRC j.K much easier than 2PPK YRC j.K. I think the easiest method for the back dash YRC is 4, 4+PSHS, j.K. The 2PPK YRC needs to be done asap on the K otherwise you're too low to the ground for j.K to come out. I'd like to say go for 2D at that point but most people are going to block low by default if they're not familiar with the set up. You need to show them that this is a instant overhead set up before they try to guess. If you don't have the 2S or 2HS backing you up you could do YRC 236K as well but it carries more risk. Other wise, if you use 2S before the YRC set up the 2S hits just as you get in front of them so you won't be able 236K command grab them.

what to do against bedman? he outzoned me, I can't go in.

Ask in the match up thread so we can get all the information recorded there. Bedman is kind of awkward to fight especially online with input delay. This is a match where I like to keep S sword equipped so I can slash his play back icons so he can't apply his zoning game. You want to blitz shield his bed slam move so they can't abuse it. His 8 way air dash makes it difficult to reliable anti-air him with 6P especially when he can do his bed slam special from max height. I find that 2S or 2HS is a more reliable anti-air against Bedman but that's just against low level play of the character. I haven't really played against a competent Bedman in a non-laggy situation. 

It seems to me that Rams tension gain is crazy slow. I tried goggling and read most of this thread but I didn't find anything regarding it.  I've won matches were I didn't even gain 50 percent tension while other characters yrc every third projectile. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is this the way she just is? If Im doing something wrong what is it? If not what are your answers to not having meter readily available?

I should state I'm still new to the game and haven't mastered instant blocking yet. I've learned to deal with the lack of offence not having meter causes but defensively its a bit of a headache where meter is so precious. Do I go for a blitz shield attempt or hope I survive long enough to get the meter for a reversal super or FD this next chipping attack and start from square one?

Domonkazu: There's no difference between a normal jump and a jump cancel, so yes you can airdash after any air sword command. If you dash then jump (669) and use sword calls in air, you'll retain some momentum and still jump a bit forward.

Reivhyn: Ram gains meter in a different way than most characters. While most gain a bit on every attack, Ram only gains meter on attack from her sword attacks, either swords are equipped or deployed. While this limits her gain slightly she makes up for it in gaining A LOT of meter on hit or block with her swords. I can't say I have problems gaining meter with her.

Someone mention that it's this fuzzy works on the whole cast. Anyone knows the timing and/or set up for the smalller folks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPNiqJCryQ

After getting frustrated with practicing the first mix up I decided to see how easy this would be if you macro'd an RC button. As much as I hate to do that it's actually incredibly easy to do this mix up if you macro a RC button. I macro it to where Taunt would be on a Type A set up. You still have to be really fast with the button sequence but it does remove the complication of trying to do a claw formation for the RC.