Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

"Ram: Honestly, even I feel pity towards her right now. It feels like she's the weakest character in the game right now with all those nerfs. Zato had it bad too but Ramlethal definitely had it the worst out of the whole cast. It'd maybe fine if her damage output was left untouched."

:c

RIP Ramlethal Valentine 2014-2015
She might not have love for others,

but we certainly had love for her.

At the very least they should fix 2H in the corner. Sometimes it's possible to place the sword not quite in the corner which results in 2H whiffing on crouchers completely, ruining setups. Only way to get the sword close again is to recall and redeploy. I think this is pretty stupid.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that these nerfs are going to stick but I'd really like to get some confirmation on multiple loketests. Nobody's confirmed one way or another and going off of assumptions is just spreading misinformation. Granted, it wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple loketests since ArcSys typically does multiple, though I've read that P4U2 only had 1.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that these nerfs are going to stick but I'd really like to get some confirmation on multiple loketests. Nobody's confirmed one way or another and going off of assumptions is just spreading misinformation. Granted, it wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple loketests since ArcSys typically does multiple, though I've read that P4U2 only had 1.

Pssssst, (I'm sure most of us are competent enough to know this but just let us have our fun) :eng101:

Anyway the more we whine the more ArcSys will know that the changes are a bad idea.

Except they won't because they're probably only using the feed back forms at the loketests.

Hearing Daiji, Karinchu and Ogawa's negative evaluations is depressing, but I've been through enough loctests for BBCP, Persona and SF4 over the years to know that the craziest stuff generally doesn't stick in the end. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope they're crippling her as bad as they can now, so that it's that much easier to rebuild her later.

Hearing Daiji, Karinchu and Ogawa's negative evaluations is depressing, but I've been through enough loctests for BBCP, Persona and SF4 over the years to know that the craziest stuff generally doesn't stick in the end. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope that they're crippling her as bad as they can now, so that it's that much easier to rebuild her later.

Its pretty disheartening to dump many hours in training mode to get slapped in the face with a patch update.... It really feels like all of us are stuck because we can't really practice obsolete version of a character not yet released on console. 

its more like are you sure you want to play the patch version. 6 month of non patch console could be a good thing lol, this is always the case with asw or gg in general where the arcade is alwas ahead.

anyway ram bad match up will be brutal or very ulgy.

Yeah that's the thing. Now I'm pretty disheartened playing her, knowing that all the setups and combos I know are going to be gone, here's hoping all the stuff we learned a figured out isn't going to go to waste. As long as they keep her core play style in that'll at least be good. 

I don't think her setups will be gone, though. I can't really believe they're going through with all those nerfs, especially the added recovery on jumping deploy (which actually upsets me the most). If they do, I can see myself spending meter on oki sword RCs only, and that's pretty dumb.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it will still be possible to do at least one dust loop on every character even with +8 recovery on j.8D, so the hours in pmode won't be going to waste. That's like 20-30 damage less than before. Maybe you need a certain setup like a corner juggle with c.S, s.HS with sword equipped to pull off 2 reps, but who knows.

Still going to play Ram even if she's going to be lowest of low.

If you super/double jump and use your sword as high as you can, you can probably still airdash before hitting the ground, or at least with the 6P/HS versions, I'm only kind of worried about some setups that depend on that, the safejumps are probably gone.

There are definitely going to be situations where we can take advantage of a juggle to land one j.K j.S j.8D loop, and it's possibly going to be harder than it currently is, I don't think our IAD skills are going to be wasted.

I'm curious if 5S 5HS j.8D will still work well as a launcher, I'm not really sure if using the j.8D close to the ground actually cuts it's recovery, and if that would still work after patch in case it does.

The more I think and come up with theories about 1.1 ram, the more I find myself unable to think she is RIP, or even her current playstyle, maybe the jp players are overreacting too, or they're doing that on purpose to try to convince Arc to quit on some of the nerfs (lol).

In the end, there's no way to know before the patch is actually out, or at least until we can actually see videos. I can't believe Arc still doesn't realize how backwards it is to not let people record footage from location tests, in the end they are going to have very little information wether the patch makes the game more balanced or not. But they probably don't care.

-------

As for the "character loyalty" talk, I'll see no shame in switching to another character if Ram's gameplay has to totally change into something else, I've been looking at May since the console version came out. I'm loyal ram's playstyle, not her in game model

I'm curious if 5S 5HS j.8D will still work well as a launcher, I'm not really sure if using the j.8D close to the ground actually cuts it's recovery, and if that would still work after patch in case it does.

Using j8D close to ground definitely cuts the recovery in the same way with all air moves, you recovery the instant you land. That's why holding S-sword makes dustloops more consistent as you can delay more between jS and j8D so you do j8D closer to ground and can airdash faster. No doubt this will become even more important with the nerfs to j8D untech time. 

If you super/double jump and use your sword as high as you can, you can probably still airdash before hitting the ground, or at least with the 6P/HS versions, I'm only kind of worried about some setups that depend on that, the safejumps are probably gone.

The only superjump deploy setup that I know of is corner throw > sj.2H > falling j.2S > safejump, which will definitely not work since even now the moves barely come out during the course of a single superjump.

Any other similar setup is beat by upback and possibly by other stuff as well, so they're not really legit

The only thing that makes me somewhat optimistic is that Arcsys seems to be interacting with their top players more since bbcp, so players like Ogawa saying they feel sorry for her nerfs might be a bigger deal than we think it is.

Imo keep the j.6HS change since nobody really cares about it, lower her damage and nerf Toranshi, but leave j.2HS alone. Command throw is also ok as it is I think.

I wonder how the 4P and j.P nerfs affect her though, I don't see them hurting her too much as long as j.PPP and 4PPPP still combo

If anything I request a buff to her command throw. 90k range puts it at barely a few inches short of a regular throw and 11 frame startup means that it is a lot easier to fuzzy jump (or just jump) than other command throws. Comparing her command throw to Eddie, May and Sol, it feels very subpar. It's even worse since Ramlethal doesn't have real gatlings to do proper tickthrow/frametrap mixups in neutral. Yeah sure it's dumb in setups where the opponent has to think about many other things other than a command throw but if ASW is going to take away all that broken-ness at least give me something new to play around with in neutral.

My ideas on nerfing Trance were to make it spin on the spot (instead of travelling so the opponent doesn't get cornered JUST because you he blocked Trance). Reduce the duration but keep the overall hits similar so the minimum damage as a finisher still exists but you can only do 1 mixup instead of 2.

Well in the end, I hope ASW reconsiders putting Ramlethal on the death row.

The toranshi nerf seems more like an attempt to lower her damage, we all need to admit that doing a ~240 dmg combo and then using toranshi to get 40dmg + whatever many times you managed to mash 4PPPP was kind of too strong

it just doesnt make a lot of sense since they nerfed her damage for everything else