Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Can you guys tell me like.....all the os tech in the game? Or at least Rammys?

The article title xrd mechanic does a good job btw.... the one thing you should learn is the throw os with 6p+hs it fixes the accidental sword deploy.

Hey guys, so brand new Ram player having issues understanding her neutral and shit. I'm not trying to be that lazy dude who asks to be spoon fed or anything, I've done my research(read the "new player banging his head" thread, studied a bunch of gameplay, practiced her trials), but it's just really overwhelming right now I'm not really sure where to start you feel me? I've been playing around with her, getting an idea for her normals and shit.

Long story short, as a brand new player, what are the things I should be focusing on? Because I'm watching top players and I know a lot of the stuff they're doing is high level that I won't have to bother with for some time. So I just wanna know the main things I should start with to build a solid foundation for moving into the more complex stuff.

Can you guys tell me like.....all the os tech in the game? Or at least Rammys?

Throw OS is 6HS+any other button. With Ramlethal you don't want to use S or K because you'll end up getting sword deploy with the S or 6K overhead which are slow on start up leaving you punishable if you mistime the throw. That's why it's recommended to use 6P since it's faster on start up and you can at least convert off of it if you whiff mistime the throw and 6P hits. If it's blocked then you can gatling into a safe block string. If it whiffs the recovery time is not as bad as the other two normals.

YRC OS is explained in the wiki. When you have 25-49% meter you input a YRC within each attack of combo string so that if the opponent does something to cause the next attack in the combo to whiff, primarily a burst, then you'll get a YRC allowing you enough time to block the burst on reaction. Then you can proceed to punish the burst right after wards. 

A couple of examples of implementing YRC OS into Ramlethal's BnB's:

Combo:

c.S xx 623P, dash PK, KPP, PPP

Same Combo with YRC OS:

c.S xx 623PKS, dash PKS, K,PSHS,PSHS, PKS,PKS,PKS

Each block of three buttons are considered a YRC but due to input priority and the gatling tables you'll get same attack as if you're doing the combo regularly. 

I wouldn't put too much effort into the YRC OS atm since it's being removed in 1.1.

Also, I throw OS with 4P+HS because getting a 10 frame normal when they're on me isn't a good idea to me. I'd rather have my fastest normal.

Thanks guys. Big help, trying to get serious about this game and I've been grinding with Rammy. If anybody wants to netplayer or give more tips. I'm all ears.

anybody got advice on how to best practice ram's oki? as in setting up the dummy to do reversals and all that

i'm starting to get a handle on the combos and neutral, but my corner oki and safejumps are still really weak

​ Also, I throw OS with 4P+HS because getting a 10 frame normal when they're on me isn't a good idea to me. I'd rather have my fastest normal.

this wouldn't work, you'd just faultless

Easy/Lazy way to do this is to set the CPU to jump in training mode, try to knock them down and then do the mixup of your choice. If they're able to get off of the ground before you hit them then there's a gap big enough for them to take "meaningful action" to stop whatever you're doing. Of course this doesn't help with invuln reversals.

The easiest way to test whether your oki hits meaty or not is to set the dummy to jump and FD everything, and record like one second of doing nothing. Play it back, hit the dummy during that one second and go on with your setup.

This is what I did here, saved it for archiving purposes :v: However, it didn't occur to me that in this case 6H does hit meaty, but they might be able to jump out if they block it, or god forbid IB it. Probably need to test it again

Now as to testing what's reversal safe... I guess use Ram as a dummy and record your setups, then try to VV them with Sol or something.

I wouldn't put too much effort into the YRC OS atm since it's being removed in 1.1.

Also, I throw OS with 4P+HS because getting a 10 frame normal when they're on me isn't a good idea to me. I'd rather have my fastest normal.

Out comes FD if you 4p+hs and it will not come out as a throw.

Edit: Nvm I'm late.

That kinda depends where u want to throw them usually towards corner hence it would be either 6 or 4. Eitherwise its actually useful to know as an air throw. Since jpis a good button air to air.

Oh yeah, I guess I was actually OSing a FD or throw. Either way I don't wanna throw out a 6P while I'm sitting in pressure, unless you're talking about an offensive OS, but then I'm not sure if I want to be doing normal throws anyways.

Ram's throw OS's are garbage lol. The only options you have are 6p+HS which is ass bc 6p is so slow and just 4HS.

4HS when equipped is better in a lot of situations than 6p+hs bc you will block if you input the throw late and if they try to bait your throw by jumping they can get blasted by 5HS.

6p+HS can beat the late airdash/empty jump low mixup though so it is good to know about it.

In the air you can 6P+HS to OS j.p with throw.

Also testing recording yourself doing the combo then mashing all the defensive options the other char has yourself is easily the best way to test setups. Maybe someday playback "as reversal" will be implemented.

6K+H works but there's no real reason to use it instead of 6P+H as 6P starts up 8 frames faster and gives a full combo on hit against the entire cast AND beats a lot of IOH-attempts (if it's not Venom).

While I agree that Ram 6P+H OS is kinda bad, it's often better than not doing it. If they backdash/out of range/jumps and you do 4H or 6H you will almost always lose the engagement. At least 6P covers some stuff.

Wouldn't 4P+H be a better OS? 4f startup isn't bad.

Wouldn't 4P+H be a better OS? 4f startup isn't bad.

As mentioned before, you can't OS 4HS and another button because you'll always get Faultless Defense. It won't be an option select anything because faultless defense will always come out over attacks and throws.

As mentioned before, you can't OS 4HS and another button because you'll always get Faultless Defense. It won't be an option select anything because faultless defense will always come out over attacks and throws.

Ah, my bad. I missed some of the replies in this thread.

6P is getting a buff though, so from 10f OS into 9f OS!

I'm jelly at Sols and their 3f throw OS. So stupid.

It's almost like christmas :O

Ah, my bad. I missed some of the replies in this thread.

I quite like our j.P OS air throw over the majority of the cast.

Hey guys, so brand new Ram player having issues understanding her neutral and shit. I'm not trying to be that lazy dude who asks to be spoon fed or anything, I've done my research(read the "new player banging his head" thread, studied a bunch of gameplay, practiced her trials), but it's just really overwhelming right now I'm not really sure where to start you feel me? I've been playing around with her, getting an idea for her normals and shit.

Long story short, as a brand new player, what are the things I should be focusing on? Because I'm watching top players and I know a lot of the stuff they're doing is high level that I won't have to bother with for some time. So I just wanna know the main things I should start with to build a solid foundation for moving into the more complex stuff.

M-My thread helps people? Sweet!  :yaaay:

meaty 6k's never gonna beat a wakeup reversal, you have to condition them to wakeup block first. of course you can also just make them block a meaty sword and 6k them after

anyway thanks for the tips on practicing oki guys, was hoping for an easier way, but i'll make do

Yeah I don't think 6K is ever safe, so whenever you have the chance you should go for airdash mixups instead which are usually safejumps as well.

And by airdash mixup I mean either airdash j.1K or land 1D, you hold 1 in both cases so you automatically block if they DP