Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I'm not talking about her safe jump set ups. There are reversal safe corner oki that still gives you high/low/command grab options so you're not sacrificing anything.

As for 1.10 discussion, someone made an interesting observation that her 5KPP string now causes a knock down; however, I'm not sure whether this new property is a change to the string or if this only happens when you combo into it. It definitely opens up new oki opportunities both midscreen and the corner. On the down side you lose some combo options to get the PPP wall splat but we'll see what players figure out.

Well im fine with whatever she has in the corner because that is her biggest strengh although i was refering to midscreen safe jump set up.

1.10 talk still not a fan of combination attack although new 5k change in itself is exciting enough. Im kinda interested if things will force 2d midscreen kd becauze that option is quite good and leads to very solid mix up but that corner carry. So 5kpp kd instead so does that mean corner carry using that option is gone too?

I reread the changelog again, and there's no mention that 5kpp now knocks the opponent down. I wonder how many more undocumented changes there are.

Well im fine with whatever she has in the corner because that is her biggest strengh although i was refering to midscreen safe jump set up.

1.10 talk still not a fan of combination attack although new 5k change in itself is exciting enough. Im kinda interested if things will force 2d midscreen kd becauze that option is quite good and leads to very solid mix up but that corner carry. So 5kpp kd instead so does that mean corner carry using that option is gone too?

Defintiely corner carry combos involving 5KPP are gone and it kind of hurts since I used 5KPP to corner carry light weight characters because PK PK PPP is less consistent then PK KPP PPP. I'm not particularly torn up about it because the new knockdown property is really nice and adds a layer to her game that currently doesn't exist in 1.04. The new combo route the Japanese are using is PK4K, KPP into oki.

EDIT 1:

I was questioning before whether raw KPP would cause a knockdown and there's new 1.10 footage showing that it still pops them up. So it looks like when you juggle/combo into KPP it causes a knockdown.

EDIT 2:

After reviewing the new 1.10 Ram vids involving Daiji, I think she's still quite strong in this version. I think she's probably sitting at A tier rather than S Tier but it's not directly tied with her nerfs. It's more of overall character buffs that make some of her favourable match ups more even, which is completely fair.

The IAD loops are completely intact so she can still shit out damage off of a solid confirm but it's not as high as it was before. I like some of the changes they've given her because now all of her combinations serve a purpose rather than 2KPP/K, 5KPP, PK, and 2KK being the only useful ones. We're seeing more uses for combinations involving 4K for either combo or oki purposes, which is quite refreshing to see. 5KPP causing a knockdown when combo'd into adds new oki routes for her but removes some of her ability to corner carry opponents so that's a trade off but I'm perfectly ok with that. j.2D decreased recovery time seems useful and helps set up pressure.

The nerfs to her deployed swords are a double edge sword now. It significantly weakens her zoning/keep away game but they've come with a hidden buff of taking hits for Ramlethal. While playing neutral with swords deployed has gotten weaker, her offense may have gotten slightly better because of this. Still need to see the full impact of this change in some of her match ups.

I think Daiji's losses in the match vids are more to do with his weaknesses as a player and other character buffs rather than weaknesses of Ramlethal. I'm curious to see if all of my meaty sword setups still work and if they do then I'll be happy/content with her changes. I have a good idea of how I need to adapt my neutral game thanks to Daiji but there's definitely going to be a transitioning phase for me as I understand the sword deploy nerfs/buffs more.

Well im in for better midscreen option if meaty 6hs can be done after a 4k juggle that would be awesome or any other option.

Well i rarely zone sword deploy but im also not content with just pressuring opponent with f.s.

That new video with Daiji is pretty much the bible of 1.1 Ram as far as Im concerned atm.

He does optimal combos, high lvl resets, strong pressure, and surprisingly good neutral.

The swords eating hits change is so interesting. I'm curious if we could get them to eat wakeup reversals.

Honestly Ram looks completely fine in 1.1 and I don't see any real reason to switch.  She will be weaker but currently I feel like I just overwhelm people with how ridiculous my character is. 

She obviously needed some toning down.

I want to see Karinchu play in 1.1 now (rip?). His playstyle would be completely unchanged since he never fought deployed outside of the corner.

Ramlethal getting more play with her sword setplay (Swordplay???)

4 states of Sword Settings:

SH+

SH-

S-

H-

Swords getting hurtboxes mean there is one more factor to consider when deploying swords:

1. Horizontal or Vertical sword attack?

2. Does losing that particular sword(s) put you at a disadvantage if you get put back into neutral?

3. Do I want a hurtbox near the ground (S-) or higher up in the air (H-)?

Haven't seen any videos of the changes yet.

If swords can be used as shields, then I think playing against Elphelt grenade will be less of a headache.

Just thinking out loud. Don't mind me. 

Using the swords as a shield is going to require a lot more exploration but people need to realize that the opponents hit box must collide with the sword first. So the sword positioning is important and I can see this being more practical in the corner than midscreen but it really depends on the set up. I'm not expecting the swords to take a reversal for her when attempting a meaty. 

Anybody else here heading to NWM this weekend? I'm heading down on Friday and I noticed TheArm and Pain are going too.

Someone needs to watch all 4+ hours of that Daiji video I posted and relay some of the new info back to us :)

^ 5KK4K ender into crossup dabes, he used it after a dope confirm at about 4:20

I'm not joking about the timestamp

It looks like it can be disrespected though, you can clearly see Chumpkin just walking to the left for a sec. Which sucks since it's not a common ender, so as soon as you see it you'll know what's coming.

Unless there's a safe alt and also maybe a fake out? Maybe by jumping a little lower so you hit them earlier and don't go over them or something idk

She looks more or less the same when Daiji uses her. Damage is kill though but that's okay. I'm assuming most Ramlethal players in Japan were meta slaves and didn't really like her (poor Karinchu) but they used her cause she was a god. But we all love our favorite brown cutie.

What's the idea dummy setup/setting to practice oki timing for Ram? I find my self just getting blown up in matches for trying to setup my oki since I don't the timing all that well. 

What's the idea dummy setup/setting to practice oki timing for Ram? I find my self just getting blown up in matches for trying to setup my oki since I don't the timing all that well. 

Pick the character with the move that's blowing you up and pick Ramlethal as the dummy. Record/replay your oki and mash the aforementioned move that's blowing you up.

Got back from NWM and there's a bunch of stuff I need to post on about match ups and corner control. Based on my experiences from NWM there's way too many people who are just clueless about this match up and still fall for KPP and 2KPP strings and it saddens me to see this still being a viable tactic when we're several months into the games console lifespan. I also saw several Ramlethal players who still don't know how to play neutral and pressure. I ended up losing in losers finals of my pool to MurderJoe's Sol and Pain lost to Nakkiel's Sol in top 8. It's becoming apparent that we don't know how to properly play this match up so need to go back to the lab on this one. There's some interesting stuff I learned about the Leo, Elphet, and Slayer match ups.

Would like more Leo info. Zidane already gave me some tips, but more is always appreciated.

Yeah, I'm going to post the information in their corresponding match up threads. The Leo one I have a few things to add up but I'll probably do a full write up like I did with Sol and Slayer. The funniest thing I found out in the Slayer match up that made this Slayer people super salty was that her forward dash actually high profiles Slayer's 2K and 2HS. I stumble on this situation when I did 4Px2, then dash command grab and he tried to interrupt with 2K and it completely whiffed and he got command grabbed.

That could be the dizzy syndrome where her dash have feet invul. And animation wise she is floating otherwise you can use slide head as a test. Since its not mention anywhere im curious since i do feel its there in some form.

I know Ramlethal's dash beats Slide Head but that's because Slide Head is as low as a move as you can get, hitting only the ground. If Ramlethal can high profile other things with her dash that's pretty good.

Im sure that feet invul, well I dont know if high profile is a recognized fighting game terminolgy. Anyway if its the same as dizzy then you can invul through.

Slayer 2k, 2hs and 2d

Potemkim slide head

May 3k can remember that sliding move.

Cant remember what else....

Edit

Guess theres no point aguring about semantics. If it works it works.

Slayer's 2D still hits Ramlethal out of her dash. I tested with that Slayer player by just holding forward dash and let him test various low attacks. The only ones that were whiffing on her forward dash was Slayer's 2K and 2HS. I showed it to a few friends who went with me and they did mention that it was similar to Dizzy's forward dash.

I see some people tweeting to Daiji in English; he's doing a stream about her new combos and oki at 8:00PM JST.

Guess I'm going to bed early tonight so I can get up at 4 AM. #PSTboys

Wonder if we will see anything new that hasn't already been shown in his match videos?

Swords can't tank. What's going on?

First impressions of 1.1 Ramlethal:

1) Ramlethal falls a lot faster doing j.ppp combos. Can't do as many j.p as previously.

2) j.k seems to have lost some of its hitbox? I did IAD j.k j.h as the opponent barely left the floor and my j.k whiffed. Pretty sure it would have connected in vanilla Xrd.

3) SWORDS REPOSITIONING THEMSELVES AFTER THEY GET PUNCHED. Applies mostly to H sword in the corner. This annoys me a lot because I do my basic corner pressure and then suddenly the sword gets punched but doesn't reappear fully in the corner, and needs to teleport when doing 6h again.

4) Calvados is godly now, at 18% chip up from 14% last game. For some reason they can jump out of it fully now though. I don't think it could be jumped out of last game. On the other hand, since it hits the floor now it replaces Explode in OTG combos since it does more damage.

5) Either deployed 2h hitbox has shrunk or deployed 2s and 2h have greater pushback now.

Ramlethal pretty much turned out as I thought she would. Some of the dumb things (Trance) got a bit fairer and her neutral is now worse but her setups and combos are mostly still intact.

Glad to hear she's still mostly intact.  Is she still the Oki Queen in 1.1?  Because that's pretty much all I care about with her.  Also, does the Trance nerf require us to just be more careful while we set it up in the corner, or has she lost some of those chip setups due to the reduced number of hits in the move?  Glad to hear that Calvados is DA BESS now though.  That's probably the buff I was looking forward to the most.  What about the Target Combos?  Any new juice with them, since they were buffed considerably?