Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

The first thing he said about Ram once I asked him about her was "Dame." 

I also asked him about some other stuff regarding Ram. He basically repeats what many people already felt in this thread, that the sword nerf made it really hard to win for her. The j.P nerf hurts a lot as well. Damage is still good though and her midscreen oki got better, which most of you know by now anyway.

How would my Ramlethal boys feel about a 1.1 set of threads? I can compile the info and move it over to the new threads to reduce clutter?

I'm all for better midscreen oki, but... Ram is already one of the best wallcarriers in the game anyway. :v

@Syklone, I agree. We should have separate threads about Ram as her changes were significant.

Was looking at the movelists on the revelator manual and noticed that apparently there is a new special move with 236k (which might be a follow up on dauro).

Take this with a grain of salt, it's not like I can read moonrunes anyway :P.

Edit: Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Also disregard the entire damn post because of severe short term memory loss.

thats just fuurama kaago her command grab, also the super we will be able to power up with burst is gonna be calvados

Speaking of 4K oki, are there any fake crossup options after getting a 4K in the corner? It's been awhile since I've taken a look at Daiji footage so I'm not sure if he's ever used them before and I don't think fake crossups after 4K have been discussed here yet, have they?

Speaking of 4K oki, are there any fake crossup options after getting a 4K in the corner? It's been awhile since I've taken a look at Daiji footage so I'm not sure if he's ever used them before and I don't think fake crossups after 4K have been discussed here yet, have they?

The ony way i think is to create a meaty sword set up with 4k and that is not possible given the amount of untech we have unless using rc but that would be giving away too much information about your set up. Probably a yrc meaty second sword could work for a crossover after side switch.

Well, seems like something will be done with Ram, according to this post: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/10056-xrd-news-gameplay-discussion-2-console-is-out/page-83#entry918262

Also some stuff for existing characters he tweeted

Ram
- They changed something about Ram's sword setup

Nah. I don't think they will Liz her. This will most likely be a buff. They buff 5S into the god poke. No low profile, bigger hitbox, longer standing hit stun!!!! A boy can dream r-right ;___;

Maybe i should speculate lol. Now if they make hs sword placement slightly lower and s sword placement close i would consider that a nerft and worst still if standing moves can hit hs sword would be very zzzzz.

Awell its not like eddie cant hit hs sword with just s shadow.

On positive of hs sword was move directly above opponent it actually fixes a few things like pushback from meaty 2k connect and other pushback effect and its reasonably harder to hit and maybe dp ands shadow wont hit it.

ok forget my fake crossup after 4K question, I can't believe I missed this tweet:

https://twitter.com/1_daiji/status/606470945985798144

Basically, Daiji showing new setups using YRC in the corner, featuring fuzzy j.K, fake crossup after 5K4K using 6HS YRC air backdash, and crossup fuzzy j.Ks.

Sadly it seems a lot of these setups gets killed by just upbacking. :/

Disregard, I suck. Is tight with 6S yrc. I like these setups a lot.

Are there any info on which characters these fuzzies does not work on?

Edit: Works on Faust, Millia and May so I think it works on everyone?

4K oki in corner is really good I think. With YRC it gives you so many oki options, either the crossup/non crossup fuzzy/low/high, or the backdash YRC low/high. And foremost, it's very easy to combo into the oki.

Can you go for left/right mixup after 4K without yrc? I did manage to not get a crossup afterwards a few times but I couldn't figure out how it happened exactly

Yes, by doing a superjump slightly backwards, call 2S then forward dash with jK. If you delay the dash you will dash into them from left side, if you don't delay the dash the jK will crossup and 2S will hit. Problem with this is that it's not a meaty setup in any way and easily beaten by just jumping on wakeup, or just dash forward actually. For the setup to be meaty and hold them in place you have to use meter. :/

I do the crossup in this video: https://d.maxfile.ro/ocslggqfvs.mp4Should give you an idea how to make it cross up. I guess it should be possible to 4K superjump right instead then dash left to reverse the setup a bi.

Its always that problem for 4k since you need jk to land meaty or else people can hold up in some direction. you can spend resources to make it a flexible mix up.

Nah, it's exactly as you said. CH slighty increases the gravity. Is this bad though? I don't see the point in using Detruo that much in neutral game in her current game. Most of the time it's just too slow to be used. Even with YRC some people will just try to mash out of it. Or are there some good TK Detruo frame traps?

Wait, is air Detruo actually comboable in this version? I know ground Detruo works for combos, but I've always thought it was too slow to be practically useful. I remember messing around with TK Detruo before but could never combo consistently with it in the corner. Anyone mind posting a sample combo they use with air Detruo?