Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Yep. The J.S is a real crossup. I had the training dummy set to do both of them and it was working on me.

Alright, I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong/bad at this, but won't the j.K and j.S whiff on an opponent that chooses to just crouch on wakeup? Not sure if my spacing is off/I'm doing the 6H and yrc deturo too late or something, but I can rarely pull if off on the dummy set to Crouching.

Alright, I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong/bad at this, but won't the j.K and j.S whiff on an opponent that chooses to just crouch on wakeup? Not sure if my spacing is off/I'm doing the 6H and yrc deturo too late or something, but I can rarely pull if off on the dummy set to Crouching.

you're right when they crouch it whiffs for me as well. But me being the dumb guy I am I just assumed if they see you airborne they would stand. There may be a way around this though. I'll try to figure something out!

It could be more of an issue of judging the players. Like they could be holding down crouch or are slow at reacting. Where you could just use simply mix up and vola. Double jk fuzzy is base on reaction but you can't do anything about those who just get hit by the first jk which then cause your second jk to whiff.

You might want to try and see if they can up back out of the j.s. Something like 4~7 in case j.k hits meaty.

I tested the J.s and you can't hold up, dp(sometimes), or jab her out of it either. J.k is not so lucky though

Did we ever get full patchnotes? I was under the impression that 5K had startup buffed from 8f to 6f, but from my testing it seems to be 7f.

Also tested 6P, not buffed at all. Still 10f startup. Hmm.

Did we ever get full patchnotes? I was under the impression that 5K had startup buffed from 8f to 6f, but from my testing it seems to be 7f.

Also tested 6P, not buffed at all. Still 10f startup. Hmm.

This is true.

On a different note, why do we have shitty jH when May have godlike j2H? Arksys so dumb.

I like j.h concept but they need to make Ramlethal fall faster when she does it.

So, vs Elphelt, do we even get to play?

I like j.h concept but they need to make Ramlethal fall faster when she does it.

i wouldnt know but falling down faster might be a blessing and a curse, maybe not send the sword flying downwards so it doesnt loses hitbox. Its probaby the fact the hit box is tiny that I really dislike j.hs.

So, vs Elphelt, do we even get to play?

Elphelt isn't as bad as she was in vanilla imo. Assuming you don't get hit by random shite it's similar to playing her with other characters.

BTW Nyaa, I like your most recent video you posted in the video thread. Very nice!

Hidden nerfs.

Just when we thought Ram was finally getting out of her wheelchair and getting used to crutches, we find out she really had bone cancer all along.

Did anybody else see the tombstone appear behind her?

Edit: I think Ram would be a fuckton better if she actually got meter for hitting you ;__;

She's like the only character that is already losing for hitting the opponent or making them block things thats are not s or hs swords. Its funny how you never realise that having long combo gives your opponent more time to build burst meter.

Awell...

I have a question and i'm probably gonna piss off a lot ram players but, do you guys happen to know how to block? Is ram a mashy character where she always needs to push a button??? 

I'm only asking this because every ram player i fought for the last 3 months have done this and they were all at different skill levels. I'm playing I-no I knocked her down and like 75% of people are mashing jab idgi

5p is 4f and it's actually okay to mash out of I-no pressure to stop her from trying to do instant overheads on you.

We did start a new thread so you should go to that and plus it shoukd be ask in the match up thread.

Shrug on answer, basic reasoning jab or 4p is a 4 frames moves, why it could work because ino plays are not using meaty string. Why it doesnt work because you did something not meaty.

If you score free hits after kd then keep repeating, if your getting hit by 4p during your okizeme then its your mistake. In the end im not sure if your post is about 4p working on your mix up or you're getting free wins.

I have a question and i'm probably gonna piss off a lot ram players but, do you guys happen to know how to block? Is ram a mashy character where she always needs to push a button???

I'm only asking this because every ram player i fought for the last 3 months have done this and they were all at different skill levels. I'm playing I-no I knocked her down and like 75% of people are mashing jab idgi

That's probably because if you don't disrespect i-no she could run all over us ever before she got nerfed.

So it's basically after a knockdown vs i-no you guess and probably get hit if they're good or try to reversal or mash out.

(I'm personally afraid to let i-no have her way, so I'm mashing 4p at any gap I can)

If someone is blocking with Ram, then they're playing the wrong character.

We did start a new thread so you should go to that and plus it shoukd be ask in the match up thread.

Shrug on answer, basic reasoning jab or 4p is a 4 frames moves, why it could work because ino plays are not using meaty string. Why it doesnt work because you did something not meaty.

If you score free hits after kd then keep repeating, if your getting hit by 4p during your okizeme then its your mistake. In the end im not sure if your post is about 4p working on your mix up or you're getting free wins.

free wins basically, sorry it bothered me to the point where i had to ask lol

It's all about risk and against I-No it's about equally as risky to attempt to block as it is to throw out a jab. Difference is that you gain nothing on blocking successfully (is that even possible against I-No?) and momentum/combo on jab, and against I-No momentum is everything.

It's more a mashy matchup than a mashy character. Work on tighter setups and rek shit.