Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Scrub question from scrub but is Trial 48 (Fighting Slayer 2) even possible? I can't find any mores to punish his whiffed grab or interrupt his attacks.

c.s f.s if you have turbo or 4p2kk.

You should ask this in the matchups sub-forum here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/10231-xrd-ramlethal-vs-sol/

Sadly there's no real new information after the nerf, players struggled with this matchup back when Ram was strong. Honestly it's not one of her worst matchups. Sol is just really solid (heh) and is just better than Ram overall, but he doesn't have much that really destroys her and I think it's more even than most think. It's more of a matchup where you have to play the player and not the character as Ram have answers to most of his shenanigans, if you know your opponents tendencies. If both plays the matchup against the character, Sol wins. If both plays against the players it's much more even, more so than other matchups.

I would try to play a bit passive the first round and see what kind of ways that specific Sol likes to get in and try to play it from there. Learn some safejump-setups that work against Sol, limit his options if you get knockdowns. Fake/Non-fake crossup OKI setups in corner from 4K-oki are also really good because it makes it very hard for the Sol to DP on wakeup and forces him to guess.

One of the best thing about sol is his air hurt box thats makes him the easiest for jksd loops. Otherwise he is beating your face in with 5k and farnir, 2d, gunflame yrc and dp.

On the contrary I believe sol has better solution to ramlethal shenanigans while dealing optimal damage.

If anyone is up, Daiji-sama is streaming

Twitter: @1_daiji

Well fortunately for you I just posted about an hours worth of Kuni footage from Evo in the video thread.

Some matches to note:

He beats LK!! It is still rather close but this is the first time I have ever seen a Ram beat LK (he bodied me at CEO so hard).

Really impressive to see how Kuni deals with Millias speed.

He also beats up Ryan Hunter who is a Venom that I play all the time. He is able to maneuver around pool ball zoning well. 

General stuff:

He really likes this setup > low j.8d whiff 5p 2HS j.2S dash up rising j.k/2d

He plays equipped almost all the time until he gets a hit.

He uses normal throws quite a bit.
His execution is really good haha.

Well it made for a good evening just watching ramlethal lol.

Kuni does have an interesting style since he? would often forgo fancy corner mix up and spend that on better neutral. Its not too farfetched since her deficits is neutral game play and she is already good in corner without yrc so that makes sense. And people do escape and you will at least have tension to play that neutral game better.

I need to look at that 5p 2hs oki since it leaves gap for jumping but also corrects 2hs to not whiff. I should look into it since it might be there to encourage jumping and therefore improve fuzzy oppotunity. Although I don't even know if jump guard frames works in the same way as standing guard frames.

I dont think he uses normal throws a lot but it's more like its part of his option since he is using ramlethal other great button 5p which is good but harder to be use correctly.

His option at 5p delay 5p or 5p dash throw or 5p link c.s 2d/5hs it kinda interact with each other to open your opponent since tick throws encourage throw back attempt although you could just jump or back dash but the other option provides anti throw mashing so its works well.

Lastly I love his c.s jc throw burst, it actually solves one my issue since people are bursting dauro but probably as a preemptive to c.s.

General stuff:

He really likes this setup > low j.8d whiff 5p 2HS j.2S dash up rising j.k/2d

I've been wondering about this set up after seeing the DaiandOh set you posted. The whiff 5P is a timing mechanism for 2HS but it's not a meaty against Venom (it's meaty against light weights such as Millia) based on my experiences so technically they could up back on wake up and get out of the set up. That being said, does this set up still work if you time the 2HS as a meaty? I haven't experimented with the setup yet and I'm at work right now so I can really mess around with it but just wondering if anyone else knows off hand.

Edited by Killey

c.S > Dauro is the usual string but...

c.S > JI > Dauro might work for baiting bursts after c.S. I have not tested this yet but would not be surprised if it did work.

For other things... I need to optimize Dust confirms as well... he seems to have a different Dust combo route in the air that ends with swords deployed at specific points before landing.

@Killey: Sorry, I too have work hours to burn lol... I will test this meaty 2H when I do return home.

Edited by glirandly

I've blleen wondering about this set up after seeing the DaiandOh set you posted. The whiff 5P is a timing mechanism for 2HS but it's not a meaty against Venom (it's meaty against light weights such as Millia) based on my experiences so technically they could up back on wake up and get out of the set up. That being said, does this set up still work if you time the 2HS as a meaty? I haven't experimented with the setup yet and I'm at work right now so I can really mess around with it but just wondering if anyone else knows off hand.

well it doesnt matter if they up back because 2hs grounds them anyway and the gap isn't small enough to hit th3 bats just enough to catch jump frames so on non meaty characters it's about 4 frames and air guard retains the same mix up as standing guard hence you see the fuzzy plus air guard has more block stun if they do jump.

well it doesnt matter if they up back because 2hs grounds them anyway and the gap isn't small enough to hit th3 bats just enough to catch jump frames so on non meaty characters it's about 4 frames and air guard retains the same mix up as standing guard hence you see the fuzzy plus air guard has more block stun if they do jump.

I was playing around with the set up in training mode and up back got me out of the situation completely. The timing on the fuzzy guard set up is tight so you can't really adjust your strategy based on what the opponent is doing so if they chicken block the sword you end up blocking the j.K in the air. That being said, I did test this with meaty 2HS set ups and the fuzzy guard j.K works. Honestly, I'm surprised this set up is actually practical because this only works if they block the 2HS standing. Most people tend to block the first sword low so you can't really get this to work. I don't know maybe I'm missing something here but the fuzzy guard doesn't seem to be that good unless you can condition them to block high initially from the same setup. 

I was wondering the same thing about the fuzzy, but if you use j.2S afterwards a good chunk of players will automatically react to that jump even if you can't normally go for an overhead before you land.

If they know you can't mixup in the air after an instant j.2S and default to low block prior to you landing, then blow them up by doing a slightly delayed j.2S which should enable you to airdash afterwards. This should also be a safejump iirc so it's all good stuff

Think I might need to post a vid or two lol.

The idea is to do a 5p2hs (66)  j2s, its more like tricking your opponent to block high seeing j2s. I did test it with jump on wake up and there should be enough block stun for fuzzy if they jump and block the first 2hs and there shouldn't be enough for them to jump again afterwards or it won't be fuzzy since fuzzy is using the same block frames to hit high on crouching.

The problem is fake fuzzy relies on your opponent ability to think and react. If they are just guessing or dont care if its high or low aka chicken blocking or holding up back then you don't really need fancy mix up and any simple 5p2hs j2s land 2d is enough then.

I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DB67DF1E43B4A4E

Edit: I've been testing a midscreen crossup setup the uses YRC Deturo and I want to know what you guys think.

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H(Must be H Sword)>Deturo YRC>J.K [Fake crossup. Looks like crossup...isn't.]

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H>Deturo YRC>J.S(S Sword must be equiped)

In order for this setup to work you must have both swords equipped. Let me know what you guys think or any other opitons for it. I think it's a pretty cute gimmick pretty stylish too. I also haven't tested this on everyone so.....yeah lol

This would be easier to demonstrate is I have some recording software but the most I could do is shitty phone quality......and I don't think anybody wants to see that *shudders* (unless you really want me to?)

Okay, I just stumbled upon this post today and I did some experimenting with it in training mode against a couple of characters to see how it fairs against different weight classes and the odd hitbox characters.

1. It completely whiffs on most crouching characters. I think it only hits crouching against fatter hitboxes like Potemkin. I know the threat of Detruo being an overhead is suppose to condition them to block high but this is a pretty significant flaw. 
  2. It can be chicken blocked on wake up.
  3. It can be avoided with super jump FD on wake up.
  4. It's not reversal safe and loses to wake up DP. The YRC doesn't even make the reversal timing difficult.
  5. Loses to mash Blitz Shield on wake up.

The only way I could the fake cross-up is to delay the YRC timing on Detruo which opens up more counters options for the opponent that are easier like mash 2HS with Sol for example. You can optimize damage before leading into this mix up but it usually requires the Daiji corner-to-corner combo and at that point you might as well complete the combo for the wall splat and corner oki. I compared this to the Pain midscreen setups of 5PK4K, 5KK, 6HS route and that hits meaty and is multi-layered with cross-up, fake cross-up, fuzzy guard, lows, etc... and it's meterless. While it's an interesting setup there's too many counter measures to this mix up for the costs of 25% meter. 

So I've been looking around for a Revelator changelog, and I can't find anything. Did they not change the characters, or do we just not have any information yet?

So I've been looking around for a Revelator changelog, and I can't find anything. Did they not change the characters, or do we just not have any information yet?

They didn't release an official changelog. Gotta wait for someone to compile and translate tweets I guess.

They didn't release an official changelog. Gotta wait for someone to compile and translate tweets I guess.

As far as we know, they didn't change existing characters with the exception of giving them a super that can be enhanced by using a burst.

As far as we know, they didn't change existing characters with the exception of giving them a super that can be enhanced by using a burst.

I've heard rumors they changed 'something with her swords'. If that's correct I hope it's at least the stupid repositioning after hitting them.

Hypersonic: That's neat, I wonder how much more damage it will give to her corner combos.

Edited by Nyaa

We'll probably have to cut the combo prior to wallsplat short if we want to go for the Dust route, so the damage shouldn't be that different. You can see Daiji not being able to connect 4K afterwards due to pushback in one case, for example.

However, this -should- help a little in the meter department when equipped, since he got 1-2 extra sword hits this way.

I guess we'll be seeing 1 loop max when in the corner into KKK > dust route.

I doubt that there are any balance changes in Revelator yet.From the matches that i've watched so far,swords are completely the same,which kinda sucks.They probably want to test Xrd SIGN final balance patch with new Revelator characters Johnny,Jack-O and later Jam and the poll winning character.Most likely there will be a patch when it hits the consoles though.