Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

GGXrd_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Ramlethal forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in an Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Gameplay Discussion Only Please!:
  • Remember to keep the discussion strictly gameplay related.
  • Feel free to discuss Match Videos, Combos, Mixups, Strategies, etc.
  • If you have a question or are unsure about something, please look on the wiki first. Her page can be found here
  • Please take all Story related discussion to the Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread.

LINKS:
JP BBS: http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/57150/1391428075/l50
Kurushii's Boss CPU Notes: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6375-xrd-news-theoretical-gameplay-discussion/page-161?p=785531#entry785531

---
MOVE LIST:
Giant Sword Release (大剣射出) - (while sword equipped) 6S/HS
Giant Sword Retrieval (大剣回収)- (while sword released) 4S/HS
Various Combination Attacks (各種コンビネーション攻撃) - Any combination of P and K up to a max of 3 continued inputs (e.g. PPP, PK, KKK, KPP, 2PPK, etc)

Special Moves
Dauro (ダウロ) - 623P
Furama Kaago (フラマカーゴ) - 236K

Command Grab

Sildo Detruo (シルドデトルオ) - 214K (air OK)
Cassius (カシウス) - 214P

Overdrives
Calvados (カルヴァドス) - (while sword equipped) 632146HS

Gamma Ray

Toranshi (トランシ) - (while sword released) 632146HS

Horizontal sword spin across field

Explode (エクスプロード) - 2363214K

Dashing multi hitting attack into explosion that launches

---

Colors:
BksKza7CYAA0yjZ.png

---

VIDEOS:
Boss Footage: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hwlei
Loketest Combos: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1i2u1w_ram-chan-combos_videogames

I heard she recently was confirmed as playable -- is this true?

that heel drop thing you see her doing at various points throughout the combo vid certainly looks like an overhead...like a millia 6k or something and seemingly around the same speed(?). despite the small amount of footage/info we have on her this character already seems to have a bunch of tools very excited to see how she turns out.

Love her round trip super that comes back on screen after a second, hopefully that stays mostly unchanged.

That laser super with massive startup is gonna need to be flip-turned upside down before it becomes the prince of bel air though, less startup + less damage/chip.

Place out assist to act as a cross-up during pressure? Sign me up! She's more grounded and her combos seem very staple so a learning curve is not going to be an extreme, to be tricky or creative its possibly picking up from your confirms and having sword launch for an extended combo due to their placement.

I can't make up her dash if its an invincinble dash or input because one moment her dash is similar to Relius and the next its moving like Azrael, probably depends on equip or non-equip sword.

I'd like to think its inv dash, would be sweet

Anyway, this character seems hella interesting especially with this potentially sounding very good oki game, I look forward to when new footage pops up

Yep, pretty sure I'll be maining this cute brown girl. I have a question about her ballons though, I'm not sure if anyone knows, but am I right assuming placing a ballon then say, pressing s or HS, will cause the ballon to do that normal from where it is, or are the attacks different when it's placed on screen?

I'm not sure if anyone knows, but am I right assuming placing a ballon then say, pressing s or HS, will cause the ballon to do that normal from where it is, or are the attacks different when it's placed on screen?

If the bat is with her then she has the huge sword swings. If they are released then they attack at their location.

Is there some kind of penalty if her minions get hit?

Haven't seen it happen. If she gets hit during their move then they stop.

About the combination attacks; what exactly do they do? I mean, I understand that I can input up to 3 commands of P and K, but to what effect? Would it be like the AAA-auto attacks in P4A where each press gives a different attack animation or is it something else entirely?

i dont think valentine/dizzy are very similar from the small amount that i've seen of the former... i mean i guess the comparison would be that both have some pretty big normals and special attacks that could potentially leave you in block stun while they mix you up but that idea is a relatively common thing in gear. its kind of like saying anji and millia must be very similar because both of them like to put something on you as you wakeup (millia's disk/anji's butterfly.) at this point i think those comparisons are kind of misguided.

as far as P/K chains i'm not really sure how they work either but i'm assuming that the first 3 hits of the combo movie are one of those canned strings. whats noteworthy about this is that the 3rd hit results in a wallstick, which seems incredibly generous. a lot of characters in gear need something like a CH or  a very high powered starter to get wallstick where as it seems valentine can possibly just confirm off lights in the corner into wallstick/big damage.

So how similar is Valentine to Dizzy in terms of Gameplay? 

Not really at all given the current information about Valentine. AC Dizzy has a fast run on the ground, two fast air dashes, and her whole game is based around using projectiles to zone and then set up mix-up once you knock them down. 

Valentine has a warp dash that doesn't look like it crosses up and doesn't seem to allow exceedingly fast ground movement, probably will not have a double air dash, has no projectile, and seems to have a lot more in common with a stance character archetype than anything else. The fact that she has a command grab in and of itself will probably make her more ground based than Dizzy.

About the combination attacks; what exactly do they do? I mean, I understand that I can input up to 3 commands of P and K, but to what effect? Would it be like the AAA-auto attacks in P4A where each press gives a different attack animation or is it something else entirely?

The mechanics of the combination attack mechanic seem to be the biggest mystery. Unless they're straight up combo parts they'll probably have interesting gameplay implications in one way or another, especially if she can move while they're attacking. Like, if P P K is a blockstring but P K P is a frame trap, or if there's a bigger gap between some combination like PKK to give you command grab opportunities or something.

Would be even more interesting if each individual attack gave you two different choices, like instead of PPP being the same attack three times, if the first P was a different attack than the second P, which was different than the third one.

I remember from somewhere that she has a projectile (only one though). Maybe she can zone a bit, but from the video it seems that she needs to stay close to deal good damage.

Has the beam super armor like her boss form?

Combos look interesting as well as her play style.  Aesthetically she really stands out, Guilty Gear definitely has some of the strongest designs in fighting game history, and she is no exception.  I like Millia Rage, but Xrd is a new game, and I think I have my new main.  

Did they get rid of her teleport dash? Looks like (from the video I saw) they have changed it to a normal running dash for the playable version of her? Not that I mind.... I usually prefer running dashes anyways (unless they cross up :P )

Also her combo potential / mixups look like they're going to be fun to experiment with.

The video I'm referring to was here.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/22/ramlethal-valentine-combo-footage-surfaces-from-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-ver-1-02-location-test/

Did they get rid of her teleport dash? Looks like (from the video I saw) they have changed it to a normal running dash for the playable version of her?

You're right, looks like she does not have her boss dash. Then again this is a loke-test anyway. Maybe they'll add it later on.

Hope I'm not the only one hoping she's horribly cheap just so I can fraud out with her.