Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

So are Ramlethal's 6S and 6HS considered projectiles? I saw a match vid where the player YRC's them and they still continue the attack and then a different match where Potemkin was able to flick them.

Whether they're projectiles or not doesn't matter for YRCs, the opponent just has to not be in block or hit stun. I'm not entirely sure if they're considered projectiles by the game but they probably are if Potemkin can flick them.

For anyone who hasn't seen, 4gamer gave us complete frame data for every character (sans elphelt) http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/

The numbers all look good. A couple pleasant surprises in there as well.

Kinda surprised the chain that ends with the overhead (KPP) would be +3 on the last hit. Really useful stuff here, thanks for this.

I assume they did that just because KPP doesn't combo. Her grounded overheads are quick though, 18 frames for KPP, and 6K hits crouchers on frame 20 and is neutral on block. Shield Detruo not so much, but it's airborne frame 5 and +2. Also 6p being frame 1 upper body invincible is huge.

My little brown girl can't be this top tier.

My bad; I hadn't read the rest of the cast. There were a couple in AC that weren't so I assumed they'd remain. Too much BB/P4 frame data recently.

um, i'm pretty sure every character in +R has frame one upper body or above-knees invul

(except kliff, he's frame 1 above chest invul)

Add Slayer 2S to the list.

Regardless, her most useful reactionary anti-air is frame 1 upper body invuln, which is an advantage a lot of characters don't have in AC or Xrd. Sol 5K/2H, Faust 5K, and Slayer 2S are the anti-airs you'll see those characters go for 95% of the time, and they have no invuln at all, let alone frame one.

Not gameplay related, but does anyone here know what the words in each balloon Valentine has say? Also does she have words somewhere else in her clothes, 'sides the swords?

Also I've taken interest in this character due to high damage, which I'm a fan of, so I might end up posting a few questions and observations from time to time, be gentle with me please :toot:

Someone give me a quick rundown on Ram's "setplay" please. (Assuming she has any)

Knock them down and set swords up so they hit meaty. Her midscreen knockdowns are pretty weak as far as oki goes but in the corner she can do dumb shit. While theyre blocking a sword she can do an overhead, go low or command grab them. In the corner she gets better setups, better damage and can extend pressure by re-setting swords. If a set sword is already close to the opponent when summoned it'll immediately attack instead of having to go through the teleport animation, which is part of what makes her corner oki so good. 

So if Ramlethal sets one of her swords (or maybe just S Sword) her S, and HS grounded normals convert to her no swords equipped. I was under the impression that the S and HS normals would be dependant on which sword is set but after watching some match vids that doesn't appear to be the case. 

So if Ramlethal sets one of her swords (or maybe just S Sword) her S, and HS grounded normals convert to her no swords equipped. I was under the impression that the S and HS normals would be dependant on which sword is set but after watching some match vids that doesn't appear to be the case. 

If I'm understanding this correctly, this isn't how they work. Using 6S makes you lose your S sword normals but you keep your HS sword normals. Its a pretty common to see Ramlethals summon one sword while in neutral and but keep the other for poking (usually S sword because f.S and j.S are really good).

I was watching Karinchou play and he managed to combo swordless 5S, 5HS while still having a sword equipped, which I thought was really weird. Granted, I don't have all of her normals committed to memory and I'll understand it better once I get the same but I thought that was just odd. 

Would you guys say Rammy is a space control character? Or just more of a setplay Oki character? Either is fine by me, just wanting some opinions from everyone.

All of the above, If you want a good indication of how ram is played the "right way" as of late check out Karinchu, Batako, and Sharon. All players use her in a different way but the base of the ground game and what she is looking to do to the opponent in the different match ups is all there. Shes a setplay character for sure, but its the mix between the knockdown setplay, and the keep away with swords setting or keeping them for the longer normals (she has jump P also) that can easily make her a formidable gorilla on the ground, and in the air.  my opinion on watching Ramlethal videos and her development. you should be able to come to a conclusion as to which play style you see in what match ups after paying attention. Watch match videos for this character! xN 

How come there are no combo threads for most characters?

There's usually one for each iteration of whatever game before retail release

I-is anyone willing to compile some now that the game is out?

karinchu for sure, though i'm not too familiar with batako's play. sharon on the other hand used to be a very defensive baiken player, but he plays ram VERY offensively. still good to watch, but for keep away, it's karinchu all the way.

Has anyone figured out how dauro d.jP works? this combo is driving me insane, on some characters it's pretty easy/doable but on, for example, Sol or Zato it's quite difficult.

Some observations about Ramlethal after practicing with her.

1) Her S and HS normals are completely dependent on which sword you have equipped. I was wrong previously when I said she goes to non-sword normals if she deploys just one. For example, if she deploys HS sword she'll still have access to the S sword normals. 

2) All of her preset chains, such as 5PPP, 2KKK are not links like previously mentioned but are chains. They need to be perfect 5 or 2 states for the preset chain to come out otherwise you'll just get her 5P or 2K. So if you want 2P, 5P you have to do 2P, 4P or 6P to prevent her 2PPP chain to come out or if you want 5P, 2KKK you need to do 5P, 1K, 2KK otherwise you'll get her 5PK chain if you try to do 5P, 2K. I'm assuming this was done intentionally to prevent overlaps when you would just want a particular normal. 

3) Don't double tap P when you're trying to get the just frame for 623P. lol 

4) Her neutral game is extremely awkward, imo. With her swords she only covers straight horizontal or straight vertical. She doesn't really have good diagonal down attack arcs with her normal set so your positioning needs to be specific when approaching from the air. Your pretty much limited to low air dash j.P or j.K or if you're directly above the opponent you can use j.HS (w sword). However, be careful using j.HS because they could just blitz shield it. 

5) Without her swords her normals are really bad for playing neutral. It feels like you're committed to playing a zoning & runaway game with sword set attacks. You have to be really mindful of your air options because opponents are going to spend time chasing you down so double jumping is kind of really bad. You want your air dash available to you at all times when zoning so usually super jump j.6/2S or HS then air dash away is usually what I end up doing. 

6) 623P needs to be perfect motion for the just frame to work consistently and is required for some of her combos. It looks like non-just frame 623P has a longer initial untechable time but doesn't launch the opponent high or recovery is longer. Just frame 623P has less initial untechable time, launches the opponent higher, and/or has faster recovery. 

7) Toranshi is an instant momentum killer and if you're using it raw you should get ready to use j.8D to stop opponents from jumping or instant air dashing out of Toranshi's path. If they block it they get forced back into Toranshi and if they get hit it combos into Toranshi. 

Has anyone figured out how dauro d.jP works? this combo is driving me insane, on some characters it's pretty easy/doable but on, for example, Sol or Zato it's quite difficult.

You have to microdash after Dauro to get the right spacing. That's also what gives you the momentum to get the second loop on the corner to corner combo. It's also character specific. Against heavier characters, it's c. S Dauro, 66, c. S, Dauro, j. P

Against Ky it's c. S, Dauro, dash PK, dash j. P