Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Anyone got a list of her (translated) BnBs yet?

It's looking right now like optimal play will consist of converting essentially everything into c. S or 2D -->Dauro and then KSD loops since you can do them midscreen, they're her highest damage route, they go corner to corner, and end in a knockdown. However, the routes that have been discovered are really difficult and are weight class specific. In the video Daiji made about the midscreen ones he said he hadn't come up with routes for the whole cast yet but he does give an outline for lightweights, normals, and heavies (see above).

I think in an effort to compensate for her P and K normals having no special cancel ability and being totally disconnected from her S/H/D normals, they made c. S 6 frames to give her something usable in scrambles that has the things you need in a normal (jump/special cancel, gatling options) , but in doing so they made her best tool for converting huge combos really fast.

Her basic air combo off of like an anti-air 6P or an air to air conversion that still does tons of damage is just any variation of j. KS jc j. KSD with the proper adjustments for height. Off any loose ground hit you can alway convert into a knockdown with 2KK or 2D depending on whether you use a P/K starter or an SHD starter.

Until I have get more practice in I wont be doing her loops in match, and from what Ive seen some players dont even do them. Batako for example has pretty "basic" combos but still manages just fine.
I think its all about getting a 2KK knockdown midscreen, throw, j.D or get to the corner and set your swords up. Im still figuring out how to play her so this is all my opinion though.

I finally played Xrd with her, and it feels like one of the biggest parts of getting her neutral down is knowing when/how to change up your sword placement/usage. Do you want to keep both swords on hand, just one (and which one), do you have the momentum to throw out both and oppress them from afar, et cetera. While she struggles a lot if she gets caught on the defensive with both swords deployed, it isn't a big deal at all if you can avoid being put in that situation in the first place.

I was also wondering if anybody knows whether there's a Ramlethal Skype chat, and if so, I would love you forever if you added me. If not, I'll make one soon and start adding people that want in.

Easy beginner combos -

5P 1K2K

Opponent grounded 6P c.S 623P Dash 5PK Dash 5PPP IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P 5PPP

Opponent in air 6P c.S jc j.K j.S jc j.K j.S j.8D/j.D

c.S 2D 623P Dash 5PK Dash 5PK Dash 5PPP (if wall splat) IAD j.S j.HS 2D

Near corner c.S 2D 623P Dash 5PK Dash 5PPP (wall splat) IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P 5PPP

Setting swords mid combo (A bit harder but not by much) -

Opponent near corner xx -> 623P 5PPP Dash c.S 5HS 6S Dash c.S 6HS 5HS 214K (Oki) 632146HS

Opponent near corner c.S 2D 623P dash PK 6S(set) dash PPP 6s(hit) (Wall bounce) IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P PPP (Oki) 6HS 632146HS

Midscreen c.S 2D 623P Dash 5PK 6S(set) Dash 5PP 6s(hit) c.S j.8D

i think it's Opponent near corner xx -> 623P 5PPP Dash c.S 5S 6S Dash c.S 6HS 5HS 214K (Oki) 632146HS

i think.

oh well apparently 5HS works and does more damage.

disregard me.

i can't do the combo anyway T-T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAK9Z-lux38#t=722

easier version of this combo

with both swords set in corner

2d 623p 5ppp dash 5s 5h jump 2h land 5s jump back wait a bit  2s airdash forward jS j8d dash 5ppp -> oki

corner sword extension with single sword set.

5s 2d 623p dash 5ppp dash 5s 5h jump 2h or 2s, land, then

if 2s, do 5s 2d, jump iad jS j8D, dash 5ppp

if 2h, must omit 2d

works with sword normals or no.

around 190 dmg

Any ideas on which combination attacks are worth using during pressure or which ones to totally avoid going for? There's quite a few and I believe some isn't a legit blockstring.

Her chains that lead into high/low situations aren't true block strings at all and are unsafe on block so you gotta be careful whether to go into them or not. Right now everybody is getting hit by them because they don't know the sequences yet but once they do they'll start blocking them more reliably (maybe not online due to net code delays). So I wouldn't rely on these too much for opening people up. The japanese use them sparingly and even then it gets blocked most of the time now.

how do you keep valentine really close to the enemy to set up for oki in the corner when you do: 5PPP IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P 5PPP

I saw Jiyuna do it in his combo video, but I have no idea how hes able to keep ram so close to the opponent after 5PPP. When I do it I'm usually a bit further behind so 6K is too far away to combo from after an immediate dash

Hey, thank you prototype for your awesome beginner combo. But for this one : 6P c.S 623P Dash 5PK Dash 5PPP IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P 5PPP

I'm having trouble to dash between  623P and 5PK and also between 5PK and 5PPP , is there any advice you can give to me ? 

Thank you

buffer the dash after 623P, by that i mean you have to do 66 a bit early, then return to neutral to press 5p

in order to do 623p 5pk 5ppp, you have to do the microdash before each 5p

how do you keep valentine really close to the enemy to set up for oki in the corner when you do: 5PPP IAD j.S j.HS 2D 623P 5PPP

I saw Jiyuna do it in his combo video, but I have no idea how hes able to keep ram so close to the opponent after 5PPP. When I do it I'm usually a bit further behind so 6K is too far away to combo from after an immediate dash

uhhh i don't understand your problem, after wallsplat + IAD jS jHS you should be point blank with them regrounded.

are you getting the wallsplat off 5ppp?

if not, maybe do the microdash before 5ppp.

Alright Ive been trying setups (from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ZUAuS-G4I) and heres what I have as a base

Midscreen:
-j.6k into 2k, 6k, airdash j.k
You have to do j.6k as soon as possible into 2k if you want to catch jumpers. I delay the j.6k just a bit for the airdash route but maybe thats just me that cant do it otherwise.
You can also input 66 j.6k to switch sides, although Im unable to cross back to my original side so it doesnt add any mixup. This is also what I do when i get a throw.

Corner:
Exactly the same thing (if the swords are there its 2S/H instead). However I find it much easier to end my combo with 2d instead of PPP to set up my things.

Now Im having a lot of trouble dealing with people that like to jump on wakeup. Except when I got him in the corner it seems like I just gotta go with the basic 2k setup. Anyone got strategies / other setups they use to deal with this?

Hey , do you have any P or K starter combo becouse I have very often a P or K openner  and please not the 6P starter ; 

Thanks

Any ideas on which combination attacks are worth using during pressure or which ones to totally avoid going for? There's quite a few and I believe some isn't a legit blockstring.

You just have to feel it out with the frame data (It's on the 4gamer page). The only one that is really safe on block and is basically gapless is 5PPP, but most of the kick starter chains can be stopped after the second hit and still leave you safe. They basically all have gaps, especially on IB, but some of them are clearly meant to be used as reads against people who want to jump out or try to IB everything, namely the 4K enders with the launcher.

Her chains that lead into high/low situations aren't true block strings at all and are unsafe on block so you gotta be careful whether to go into them or not. Right now everybody is getting hit by them because they don't know the sequences yet but once they do they'll start blocking them more reliably (maybe not online due to net code delays). So I wouldn't rely on these too much for opening people up. The japanese use them sparingly and even then it gets blocked most of the time now.

The combination attack overhead is +3, so if used with a sword, it's definitely legit. 2KPP/2KK with proper coverage of the gap after 2KP is basically a 50/50.

buffer the dash after 623P, by that i mean you have to do 66 a bit early, then return to neutral to press 5p

in order to do 623p 5pk 5ppp, you have to do the microdash before each 5p

uhhh i don't understand your problem, after wallsplat + IAD jS jHS you should be point blank with them regrounded.

are you getting the wallsplat off 5ppp?

if not, maybe do the microdash before 5ppp.

I am point blank with them when they're regrounded, however the 5ppp pushes me too far away to do her high unless I micro dash after and the dash is on point. If not then 6K will be too far away to use before the opponent wakes up

Also does anyone have any BnB midscreen combos?

Correction, the overhead chain is plus 3 on block.

EDIT:  Didn't see 9:02 PM's post.

Also does anyone have any BnB midscreen combos?

5S (> 2D) > 623P > dash > PK > dash > PK > dash PPP

against heavy characters you can do (although this also works vs lighter characters, it's harder and the corner carry is a little bit worse)

5S (> 2D) > 623P > dash > PK > KPP > PPP

if you manage to wallsplat them with PPP, depending on how far you are away, either follow up with

-> dash > c.S > 5S ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

-> IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

if you have both swords equipped want more dmg instead of oki (f.e. if they have little HP left), do the following after the wallsplat:

dash > c.S > 5S > 6S > dash > 5S > 6H into either

-> dash > 2P > 4P > 632146HS > 2K > super hits

-> 5HS > 214K > 632146HS > 3K > super hits

If they are close to the corner already do:

5S (>2D) > 623P > dash > PK > 5S > j.8D > IAD > j.K > j.S > j.D > dash > PPP > IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

not sure if this works against the whole cast though.

Do we have a skype chat by now? If so, add me please: "sima-chan."

Also, is anybody going to create a combo thread? If not, I can make one.

Feel free to make one Sakaku.

I just created a Ramlethal Skype chat, pm me your username.

It's probably easiest to watch JP players and learn that way but in general you're spacing with swords equipped, then setting up swords after knockdowns or while trying to create pressure and then poking in after they're forced to block or are hit.

5S (> 2D) > 623P > dash > PK > dash > PK > dash PPP

against heavy characters you can do (although this also works vs lighter characters, it's harder and the corner carry is a little bit worse)

5S (> 2D) > 623P > dash > PK > KPP > PPP

if you manage to wallsplat them with PPP, depending on how far you are away, either follow up with

-> dash > c.S > 5S ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

-> IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

if you have both swords equipped want more dmg instead of oki (f.e. if they have little HP left), do the following after the wallsplat:

dash > c.S > 5S > 6S > dash > 5S > 6H into either

-> dash > 2P > 4P > 632146HS > 2K > super hits

-> 5HS > 214K > 632146HS > 3K > super hits

If they are close to the corner already do:

5S (>2D) > 623P > dash > PK > 5S > j.8D > IAD > j.K > j.S > j.D > dash > PPP > IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D ~ j.6HS/j.2HS oki

not sure if this works against the whole cast though.

Do we have a skype chat by now? If so, add me please: "sima-chan."

Also, is anybody going to create a combo thread? If not, I can make one.

Thanks a ton for this.

Do you have any oki setups for these combos paticularly for

623P 5PPP Dash c.S 5s 6S Dash c.S 6HS 5HS 214K

I generally have no idea what to go for in terms of oki involving any combo that has both swords placed by the time you go for oki as I cant do the regular oki setups I usually do with at least one of the swords equipped due to the faster(or slower if the swords are far away) startup of 6S/6H

With swords placed in the corner you have to go with 2S/2H.

2H hits pretty quickly so you can just do your usual airdash/6k/2k, but with 2S, if you want to do 2k, you ll have to either delay it or do 2k5p before the sword hits.

After the sword hits you can use the previously mentionned combo: 5S > j.8D > IAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D > dash > PPP > IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D oki