Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I'm working on one right now. Should be up in a few hours.

Do we really need a "near corner" combo section? 90% of her combos are at least halfscreen corner carry leading into corner combos anyway.

Thanks a ton for this.

Do you have any oki setups for these combos paticularly for

623P 5PPP Dash c.S 5s 6S Dash c.S 6HS 5HS 214K

I generally have no idea what to go for in terms of oki involving any combo that has both swords placed by the time you go for oki as I cant do the regular oki setups I usually do with at least one of the swords equipped due to the faster(or slower if the swords are far away) startup of 6S/6H

For Oki you're looking mainly for 2d knockdown. 2d instant j.2H sets up a late meaty, fast enough to catch jump start up, but slow enough that meaty 6k or 2k will connect first.

The other option is j.2S, Slash Set will hit later, but will still combo off meaty 2k, however it is not fast enough to catch jump startup on its own. Slash Set is usually better for more extreme mix up as it allows you do do things like meaty 5s IAD (slash hits) into mix up. Its also good for going into command grab before the sword lands.

There are plenty of good examples in the Daiji setup video in the video thread.

I see Batako doing

xx -> 623P -> Dash PK -> Dash PK -> c.S -> j.K -> j.D

or other variations of air combos midscreen rather than the dash PK/KPP -> PPP combos against I-No.

Is it a hit-box weight issue for I-No that makes those combos inconsistent? At first I thought he was just mis-inputting j.8D (Which might still be the case) but it's not exactly a one-time thing.

I see Batako doing

xx -> 623P -> Dash PK -> Dash PK -> c.S -> j.K -> j.D

or other variations of air combos midscreen rather than the dash PK/KPP -> PPP combos against I-No.

Is it a hit-box weight issue for I-No that makes those combos inconsistent? At first I thought he was just mis-inputting j.8D (Which might still be the case) but it's not exactly a one-time thing.

The lighter characters are less forgiving when it comes to her combos, for instance on Sol getting c.s f.s 2d Gdauro delay c.s Gdauro works. But on millia getting double green floats her too high.

Additionally, when you're close to the corner you can squeeze in a j.8d loop from c.s before going into ppp, which may be his goal.

Normal dauro into pk loops works fine on the light characters, but if you accidentally get green pk j.p > airdash stuff is your best bet conversion wise

Let me rephrase that, midscreen j.8d loops are higher damage, and if you can execute them, definitely pursue them, pk loops are more of an easy stable option.

I haven't noticed a safe jump setup for midscreen in any video I've seen so far, so I tried to figure out one by myself.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsSoFZIpsns

The input is like this:

After 2KK: [9] > slight delay j.6S > [4] > deep j.K > (cS > dauro) or 2KK again depening on range.

Take note I haven't tested this one against the whole cast yet, but it shows what could be possible or even improved.

At least I'm sure it works against an 5F startup reversal.

I haven't noticed a safe jump setup for midscreen in any video I've seen so far, so I tried to figure out one by myself.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsSoFZIpsns

The input is like this:

After 2KK: [9] > slight delay j.6S > [4] > deep j.K > (cS > dauro) or 2KK again depening on range.

Take note I haven't tested this one against the whole cast yet, but it shows what could be possible or even improved.

At least I'm sure it works against an 5F startup reversal.

There are multiple safe jumps in daiji's Oki video. 2d sjc j.2s falling j.k being the most universal one

Since I couldn't find any info anywhere else on character weights in Xrd,

Approximate -

Light - May, Millia, Ramlethal, I-No

Heavy - Bedman, Potemkin

Medium - The rest (Idk about Elphelt or Sin)

Could be totally off, this is just based off feeling things out in training mode.

I've been working on midscreen combos, is this a good one? It seems that has better corner carry and damage than any route involving the PK combination.

c.S>(5HS->)Dauro>dash c.S>5HS>j.8D>IAD j.K>j.S>j.8D>dash PPP>IAD j.S>j.HS>2D

207dmg on Sol after 6K>S sword oki. If you do HS sword oki, or have the sword unequipped, you can squeeze a 5HS for a bit more damage before Dauro (212), also looks pretty swag (dat green ball).

Man I wish 4S/HS with swords equipped would let you use their bare hands versions, at least HS's :toot:

snip

c.S 2D 623P c.S 623P c.S j.8D IAD j.K j.S j.8D dash PPP dash c.S 5HS -> stuff

Does 208 before "stuff", more if you double green the dauros. This is on Sol, combo route is char/weight specific.

I've been trying to do s->2d->dauro->pk->dash pk for a while now, and usually while I can land the 2nd pk the combo becomes gray.

Am I just doing too long a dash or am I missing something here?

Does anyone have the frame data on the recovery of 6S/6H/2H/2S (and their air varients) on Ramlethal(not on the swords) the wiki doesn't have any frame data for that. I see a lot of Ram players use swords in neutral and in mixups by jumping and doing an immediate 6S/6H/2H/2S, rather than just doing it on the ground. Is it because of lessened recovery on Ram for the air versions or something?

And thanks for the write up C0R

I've been trying to do s->2d->dauro->pk->dash pk for a while now, and usually while I can land the 2nd pk the combo becomes gray.

You're missing the link to pk. It's tough. Try hitting microdash~pk slightly earlier

Does anyone have the frame data on the recovery of 6S/6H/2H/2S (and their air varients) on Ramlethal(not on the swords) the wiki doesn't have any frame data for that. I see a lot of Ram players use swords in neutral and in mixups by jumping and doing an immediate 6S/6H/2H/2S, rather than just doing it on the ground. Is it because of lessened recovery on Ram for the air versions or something?

And thanks for the write up C0R

You're missing the link to pk. It's tough. Try hitting microdash~pk slightly earlier

Frame data - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s392/sh/b17eeec4-0832-41d4-a374-04b7744eda60/978f9859845f8353

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ramlethal_Frame_Data_%28GGXRD%29

The air version is actually slower. In knockdown this is important because sword activate asap can be too quick entirely to use for Oki. The jump plus the extra summon time leads to the ideal timings for Oki.

For neutral it's great for stopping air momentum and pausing yourself in the air, especially because you can air dash or throw out a normal afterwords. It's dual purpose in giving you control over your movement on top of setting the sword.

The air version is actually slower. In knockdown this is important because sword activate asap can be too quick entirely to use for Oki. The jump plus the extra summon time leads to the ideal timings for Oki.

Does this apply to every knockdown situation with her? I'm at work currently so I can't try it out myself. :/

Does this apply to every knockdown situation with her? I'm at work currently so I can't try it out myself. :/

The only knockdowns that I can think of that aren't 2d with a set out are 2kk or ppp non splat. When the swords are held, 6s/6h have identical timings as set 2s/2h. This means you can replace rising j.2s with 6s for a pretty good meaty after 2kk. Ppp I dunno I never get that one cause I always super after hahaha.

I somehow didn't notice you guys were talking about swords set situation. Now everything makes more sense to me. I thought it would be possible to create better meaty situations w/ swords equipped through immediate j.6S/H

ty

I'm having abit of a trouble with this c.S > 2D > 623A > 5PPP > dash c.S > 5S > at this point, sometimes the dummy will tech in midair. Any idea why? Thanks. 

Frame data - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s392/sh/b17eeec4-0832-41d4-a374-04b7744eda60/978f9859845f8353

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ramlethal_Frame_Data_%28GGXRD%29

For neutral it's great for stopping air momentum and pausing yourself in the air, especially because you can air dash or throw out a normal afterwords. It's dual purpose in giving you control over your movement on top of setting the sword.

While that is true - note that if you  jump and do an immediate 6S/6H/2H/2S, the landing cancels some of ramelthals recovery. This means that ram can move earlier, even though the sword would come out at the same number of set frames after the sword set is activated. The startup would be longer because you have to factor in jump time - but in exchange the recovery is lessened.

You're either timing the micro dash too late or you're holding the dash too long. Just play within these two extremes and you should find the timing. Make sure you set your training dummy to tech on the first available frame to make sure the combo is legit. It's actually moderately difficult to tech the combo drop and sometimes people reset themselves after wards because they forget to faultless defense after the tech. 

I'm having abit of a trouble with this c.S > 2D > 623A > 5PPP > dash c.S > 5S > at this point, sometimes the dummy will tech in midair. Any idea why? Thanks. 

You're hitting them too early after the wall stick so you need to let them slide down the wall slightly before hand. It also depends on how high they wall stick. 

Is there going to be a match up section for the character boards? I'd like to get some general discussion going on her match ups where it can be organized neatly. 

If the opponent is stuck high on the wall you have to coax them down. You can accomplish this by letting them fall a bit before c.s and then late chaining into f.s. hitting high with ppp doesn't change your ability to combo in my experience

any ideas for post 214K knockdown in the corner? generally i have H sword set, S sword might be set or equipped though.

In general I don't like ending combo with 214K. Any time you can end a combo in 214K you can end it in 2D to jump cancel into sword set plays. 

7) Toranshi is an instant momentum killer and if you're using it raw you should get ready to use j.8D to stop opponents from jumping or instant air dashing out of Toranshi's path. If they block it they get forced back into Toranshi and if they get hit it combos into Toranshi. 

This setup can be escaped as Ram by IBing the j.D and double jumping, at least. Might work with other characters too, I havn't tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtZMmioVl0#t=5m2s

This setup can be escaped as Ram by IBing the j.D and double jumping, at least. Might work with other characters too, I havn't tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtZMmioVl0#t=5m2s

J.p xn will blockstring them back into it, a lot less committal compared to j.d as well. J.p is also fast enough to beat pretty much any button they hit in the air.