Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

So I assume there's a delay between the j.K and the j.S, right? does this work swordless?

From what I've tested there's a delay between every jump move, at least against feather weight characters. From j.P to j.S the delay is minimal, but you need to delay the j.8D much more. You know you're doing it right when you hit j.8D very low to the ground.

Again, this is what I tested against feather weight characters, not sure if this also works vs normal weight.

Explosion if you've got the meter (wich isn't that good), 'sides that, universal mechanics, ram's got crap defense.

Sorry if this question is redundant but which version of Dauro is the stronger one? The one where she's green or the one without her turning green? I noticed that the latter results in a full knockdown while the green one lets them tech in the air but I'm still not sure.

Is there a reason why the green one lets them tech sooner?

It floats them higher, the normal one badly lifts them, so the untech time runs out after they lands.

I find it easier to do combos on lighter chars if I don't do green Daruo due to the lift.

System mechanic question: does combo proration have any effect on wakeup timing?

I find it easier to do combos on lighter chars if I don't do green Daruo due to the lift.

System mechanic question: does combo proration have any effect on wakeup timing?

But that damage.

Q - no wake-up is a preset time unaffected by anything except some characters have non-standard timings. Don't know how much that has changed since AC

If you toranashi in pressure gaps you get full corner carry and mixup

... on block!

It low profiles a lot of things and when you knock someone down, you can activate a 2hs or 2s sword set, and do the slide.  If they  get hit by the slide, then the sword set will launch them.  With the right spacing, if they do block it you'll be safe.  Also you could do it, and the rc it if you want. 

Feels that way. Any tips on what a Ram should be using tension for?

Outside of Toranshi you can use it to YRC her sword deploys and go in for a mix up. Some of her oki game utilizes YRCs as well. I also use it to RC off of stray hit confirms like her 3C, PPP, or 2KPK. There's also the YRC option select that is incredibly useful and easy given how Ramlethals combos are.

So, sometimes the 2nd c.S will whiff in this corner combo (when the opponent is in the downed-sitting state) and I really want to know why  :v:  

stuff > Darou > 5PPP > dash c.S > 5S/5HS > 6S > dash c.S (whiff even though the normal is touching them)

Do I need to delay the 5S/5HS? Delay dash c.S? Character specific? Thanks in advance :)

post 5ppp wall splat you have to hit them earliest possible that causes restand. if you go too fast you won't get the restand, too late and you won't be able to hit cS after 6S.

anyway i've been watching xrd videos and i'm seeing that the 3 ramlethals (karinchu, batako, and daiji) have notably different playstyles:

karinchu: keeps both swords on for the most part. uses a lot of farS and jS, as well as airdash jP. When getting a knockdown, favors H set. mostly uses meter for Toranshi. blitz shield into big corner loops happens sometimes. has the best air to air game of these three (yes it's mostly jP, but he gets it a lot)

batako: usually sets S sword while keeping H sword, which is kind of a complete opposite of karinchu. Uses meter often on YRCs; Cassius (fireball) yrc, sword activate YRC. Toranshi used less because of it. grounded combos are mostly combination loops that i don't see used often (KPP?), but they are his bnb

daiji: the unique thing about his playstyle is that he uses the various combination attacks a lot; i see him doing different ones every round - especially ones with the overhead. he also does cool combos ; a lot of double sword set in the corner. haven't seen him do the daiji loop often though.

How do you do the YRC OS?

You need to be at 25-49.99% meter for the YRC OS to work but essentially you're inputting a YRC at every button in your combo. On hit or block the YRC won't come out because you don't have 50% meter to RC it. On whiff you will YRC your normal/special immediately so if they burst you will auto YRC and be able to block on reaction then go for a punish. Keep in mind if you drop your combo you will also get a YRC.

For example, if you wanted to YRC OS on close 5S xx 623P, PK, PPP it would look like this:

5S xx 623P~PKS, 5(PKS)(KSHS), 5(PKS)(PKS)(PKS)

I've done it a few times online because people really love to burst as soon as they get hit by Daruo or see the PK loops come out. lol It's particularly effective in the corner since you get close S, j.8D, IAD, j.K, j.S, j.8D loops as your punish combo.

post 5ppp wall splat you have to hit them earliest possible that causes restand. if you go too fast you won't get the restand, too late and you won't be able to hit cS after 6S.

anyway i've been watching xrd videos and i'm seeing that the 3 ramlethals (karinchu, batako, and daiji) have notably different playstyles:

karinchu: keeps both swords on for the most part. uses a lot of farS and jS, as well as airdash jP. When getting a knockdown, favors H set. mostly uses meter for Toranshi. blitz shield into big corner loops happens sometimes. has the best air to air game of these three (yes it's mostly jP, but he gets it a lot)

batako: usually sets S sword while keeping H sword, which is kind of a complete opposite of karinchu. Uses meter often on YRCs; Cassius (fireball) yrc, sword activate YRC. Toranshi used less because of it. grounded combos are mostly combination loops that i don't see used often (KPP?), but they are his bnb

daiji: the unique thing about his playstyle is that he uses the various combination attacks a lot; i see him doing different ones every round - especially ones with the overhead. he also does cool combos ; a lot of double sword set in the corner. haven't seen him do the daiji loop often though.

While none of these play styles are wrong I tend to like Batako and Karinchu's styles though I end up playing a mix of Batako and Daiji. Personally, I love the offensive pressure you get with YRC sword deploys. It also really saves your ass when the opponent is rushing in on your sword deploys.

Yeah, the timing for getting a green Dauro is really lenient as it's not a true EWGF (ie you do not need to just frame 3+P). According to the 4Gamer wiki you have a window of 3 frames for pressing 3 and P, making this easy enough.

Really? I could've sworn they are a lot harder compared to green Dauro. I tried doing Kaz's EWGF in TTT2 for several times but it went very poorly.

But EWGFs aren't true JFs also - they have 3 or 4 frames of input leniency at least since Tekken 5.

Almost, but not quite. Depending on whose EWGF you are doing, you have 2-4 frames of window to input down, down/forward but they all require that you press the button simultaneously with down/forward. Dauro doesn't require you to press the button simultaneously though.