Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Another question, though it may be better suited for the combo thread. Why use the PPP string over the KKK string? It seems like the KKK one does more damage and 5K has more range than 5P, and the combos from it seem to be the same as well.

Well, midscreen the KKK string doesn't grant a knockdown.

One of the mission modes is to throw in between that as well. Most of the Japanese players try to avoid that block string for those reasons and more.

hey guys. noob question. but how come sometimes when i get a PPP in corner into wall splat. when I follow up with dash -> cS -> cD. it doesnt crumple? They pop out instead. am i following up the wall splat too slow? Or am I doing PPP when they are too high up? cauasing a high wall splat?

any ideas?

Thanks,

hey guys. noob question. but how come sometimes when i get a PPP in corner into wall splat. when I follow up with dash -> cS -> cD. it doesnt crumple? They pop out instead. am i following up the wall splat too slow? Or am I doing PPP when they are too high up? cauasing a high wall splat?

any ideas?

Thanks,

Its because you're hitting them too high with c.S and they haven't reached the grounded state yet.  Delay the PP~P more and wait longer to c.S after the wallsplat

First of all you have to gatling cS->S or cS->H before doing 2D, unless they're very close to the ground already.

What I think you're doing is hitting the 2D before they've hit the ground. If you hit 2D when they're grounded you get a hard knockdown but if the "D hits them when they're still stuck to the wall it doesn't count as a sweep and that attack can be teched out of quicker than other attacks.

When you splat with PPP you gotta see how high up the wall they are and maybe delay the cS slightly and/or instead of gatling cS->S/H immediately you can try to delay the second attack slightly. This takes some time to do well but from what I've seen the hight of the wallsplat isn't too important, it's worse if it's too low to the ground.

Edit: By cD what do you mean? No reason to use close dust after a wallsplat, it doesn't give you anything. Do you mean 2D (crouching dust)? It's a very common option after PPP wallsplat cS->H->2D into OKI

A couple of ideas for corner wallsplat crumble oki instead of normal 2D knockdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlrSO4Q6fg

I see alot of JP players doing this so I thought I should test it.  Seems main advantage is that its rather hard to reversal out of since you don't have the wakeup animation to time your DP/super...if you set j.2HS lower you can "meaty" a 2D and there only a 1f window to input a reversal. 

Could probably also do j.7HS low airdash j.K  to make it a safejump, as posted earlier

Anybody have notation? for the main combo used here? I like this setup a lot but I can't seem to follow how hes canceling into sword then jumping for sword 2

Anybody have notation? for the main combo used here? I like this setup a lot but I can't seem to follow how hes canceling into sword then jumping for sword 2

(swords deployed)

Dust(wallsplat) >dash c5S>5HS>jc2HS> air dash jK 2S (HS sword hits)>6K(S sword hits)>j8D>dash c5S jc>j8d>dash PPP(wallsplat)>dash c5S>5HS jc 2HS...variations

First of all you have to gatling cS->S or cS->H before doing 2D, unless they're very close to the ground already.

What I think you're doing is hitting the 2D before they've hit the ground. If you hit 2D when they're grounded you get a hard knockdown but if the "D hits them when they're still stuck to the wall it doesn't count as a sweep and that attack can be teched out of quicker than other attacks.

When you splat with PPP you gotta see how high up the wall they are and maybe delay the cS slightly and/or instead of gatling cS->S/H immediately you can try to delay the second attack slightly. This takes some time to do well but from what I've seen the hight of the wallsplat isn't too important, it's worse if it's too low to the ground.

Edit: By cD what do you mean? No reason to use close dust after a wallsplat, it doesn't give you anything. Do you mean 2D (crouching dust)? It's a very common option after PPP wallsplat cS->H->2D into OKI

Thanks for the detailed response! Sorry I totally ment ppp->close s -> Hs

I keep calling hs D for some reason. But I think maybe im not waiting long enough for the Ppp after dauro. So they're too high up on the wall

(swords deployed)

Dust(wallsplat) >dash c5S>5HS>jc2HS> air dash jK 2S (HS sword hits)>6K(S sword hits)>j8D>dash c5S jc>j8d>dash PPP(wallsplat)>dash c5S>5HS jc 2HS...variations

thanks I got it all down thanks to this

Hey ppl, until now I only played around in practice mode a bit trying to find some safejumps and the first ones I came up with were:

Midscreen: 2KK, IAD(crossup), j.6S, delayed j.K(, 2D, 623P)

Corner: 2D, jc7, late j.2H, airdash, late j.K

I hardly watched any videos or researched the game much yet, so I dunno what's state of the art oki-wise.

Disregard if already known: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxfd5zPP4A

Didn't try it against the whole cast yet, but I guess timings need to be adjusted, if the opponent's character has different wakeup timings. Is there maybe a listing with all characters wakeup times around somewhere?

I'm sorry but this is a little off topic. Who's theme is that at the begging of the video?

(swords deployed)

Also the combo is not really optimized, you an add in an IAD loop.

Its also possible to set j.2HS lower than I did to make it tighter, else you can upback out of the airdash j.K overhead option. 

Ok for the life of me after her 2D I can't get her Dauro (623P) to come out. When I do get it to come out it doesn't connect. It seems to be a pretty important combination in her game play. Any advice on how to buffer the input or timing would be greatly appreciated.

Ok for the life of me after her 2D I can't get her Dauro (623P) to come out. When I do get it to come out it doesn't connect. It seems to be a pretty important combination in her game play. Any advice on how to buffer the input or timing would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest way to do this is to start buffering 623 as early as possible.  Like doing 3D -> hold 6 -> 23P

It is a cancel, so you have all of 2D's hitstop to buffer a special

Hey ppl, until now I only played around in practice mode a bit trying to find some safejumps and the first ones I came up with were:

Midscreen: 2KK, IAD(crossup), j.6S, delayed j.K(, 2D, 623P)

Corner: 2D, jc7, late j.2H, airdash, late j.K

I hardly watched any videos or researched the game much yet, so I dunno what's state of the art oki-wise.

Disregard if already known: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxfd5zPP4A

Didn't try it against the whole cast yet, but I guess timings need to be adjusted, if the opponent's character has different wakeup timings. Is there maybe a listing with all characters wakeup times around somewhere?

Man.. I am having trouble doing the first mix up you do. IAD -> Deploy -> J.K. is there a trick to this? Also does it matter if the swords are equipped/unequipped? I wasnt sure if the initial deploy was faster or anything.

Although it looks like an IAD, he's slightly delaying the air dash. If you are too low (ie if you perform an IAD) the j.K won't come out because you're going to touch the ground too fast. Just delay your air dash by a minimum and it should work just fine.

Deployed swords have 5 frames more recovery, so getting out a j.K might not work.

ahh ok thats what i thought. i been opting for full hop -> Air dash into deploy and kick. but noticed it would not work with already deployed swords. thanks for clearing that up.

Characters have very different wakeup times, and different depending on facedown / faceup knockdowns, sadly.

You can find a list here: http://www.norematch.com/2014/07/01/guilty-gear-xrd-system-info-dump/

This made me think however, what kind of knockdown is wallsplat->slide down? Does anyone know this and if it might be the same wakeup-frames for all chars?

Also the combo is not really optimized, you an add in an IAD loop.

Its also possible to set j.2HS lower than I did to make it tighter, else you can upback out of the airdash j.K overhead option. 

Yeah i know.I was just providing notations for the combo in your vid :P

Don't know if it's known,but far 5S+/S- comboes normally into Dauro on every crouching character.

Just a combo note, after any air throw RC, if you whiff a j. 214K right after the cancel, it will act as a fast fall and put you right next to the opponent. Otherwise you either have to convert from your regained air options or dash up c. S which isn't possible at all heights.

Looks cool too.

We don't have a translation of the video as far as I know but based from what I've tested the two most important things are

• doing a microdash j.P in order to hit them. I've managed to hit the j.P without the dash once but that seems to be even more impractical. After Green Dauro buffering the microdash is key.
  • delaying all of your jump normals. The closer you are to the ground when you hit j.8D the faster and easier you will be able to perform the IAD. Delay j.K and j.S a bit and try to delay j.8D more.

Just as a note, the combo doesn't work against the whole cast. If you're having a hard time getting the microdash j.P out, you can practice the rest of the combo starting with a command grab. 236K > dash (not a microdash!) > j.P > delay > j.K > delay > j.S > max delay > j.8D |> IAD j.K > delay > j.S > j.8D etc.

• doing a microdash j.P in order to hit them. I've managed to hit the j.P without the dash once but that seems to be even more impractical. After Green Dauro buffering the microdash is key.

Depends on the character's weight, dauro jP is pretty easy to hit vs. "light" mediums like Chipp, Axl or Slayer while it's pretty much impossible to hit Sol with it.

Doing jP instead of microdash jP won't allow you to hit iad jKS9D though so it's not particularly useful.

Is PPP corner ender shit or am I doing something wrong?

PPP ender > 66 deploy > 66 2K beats mashing but loses to reversals, including throw, and chicken blocking.

Same setup into 6K instead, loses to EVERYTHING

There's pretty much no reason for the opponent to stand there and block, unless I'm fucking it up super badly.

Onto 2D ender for now I guess... Unless there's something better?

Also, how do you continue your pressure if they respect you for some reason and block your mixup into a sword :v: