Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Ok forget that idea, I forget they just tech before the 4K.

You can just do the summon from standing, like 2KK 6H 6K. The IA version doesn't even meaty anyways.

Oh, so they can always mash out of it no matter which version you use?

Deploying the sword will let you do a nice meaty 6K, but otherwise yes, they can in theory. If you know they'll be pushing buttons you can always keep them honest with 2K. All of this obviously doesn't apply to DPs and reversal supers

Good to know. Now I dont have to practice that shit for hours on end :p

Also are there any safe jump setups off 2KK?

So how exactly do you buffer a dash after Daruo? I've been having a lot of trouble getting PK after Daruo, and end up getting 6P instead. 

I've been trying this - 623P -> Dash -> 4P 5K (So 6P doesn't come out), Dash -> 4P 5K

It seems to be really inefficient and difficult. Any tips on how to do this? 

So how exactly do you buffer a dash after Daruo? I've been having a lot of trouble getting PK after Daruo, and end up getting 6P instead. 

I've been trying this - 623P -> Dash -> 4P 5K (So 6P doesn't come out), Dash -> 4P 5K

It seems to be really inefficient and difficult. Any tips on how to do this? 

I usually begin inputting dashes as she turns back from green to brown off a green daruo.

Sorry if I missed this, but do you really need to do a dash after an ordinary non-green Dauro? I can do PK after Dauro, but can do Dash PK only after a Green Dauro.

Its really hard to gey any corner carry if at all from regular dauro, yes you can connect pk right away but if you do dash , whatever it will most likely drop or even if it hits, you cant get the ppp wall-hit, i havent experimented with that. The rule of thumb always do green dauro, because it sets up perfectly, the dash pk, dash pk, ppp wall splat into iad or dash s 6s f.s , sword hit, whatever.. into oki

Ive gotten the full combo off regular daruo, it just seems like you recover later on regular daruo so the timing to dash after is a bit different. In fact I'd say even though regular daruo is worse I've had an easier time not dropping a midscreen combo off of it due to it not floating characters as high. Less room for the opponent to be too high for pk to hit.

---------------

Question on pressuring with Ram, is it ever a legit frametrap if you cancel one of your normals into 6S/6H? i.e.

2KP>6H>5A/2A etc.

If not what else can you do for pressure when not in a knockdown situation? Are you only limited to 2KPK and 2KPP?

Nah,most of her normals are negative so if you so 2kp you are at minus 2 and deployment has start up, not a frame trap

Ram isn't really a pressure based character without her setplay, most players effectively will just poke with 4P and 2K if they are caught close enough or otherwise spend a lot of time throwing out j.P and f.S. I don't really think she's a character who just goes in while pressing buttons, it's more like you're picking opportunities to go in and then trying to find a way to return to a neutral situation where you can call out swords/poke with j.P or f.S and then convert into a combo that will lead to her corner sets. If you watch Batako a big part of his gameplan is to just create space, set swords go in and see how they react to the set and then punish/mix-up them as possible. When it doesn't work it's usually just a battle to reset to the previous situation and start over rather than continuing to commit to a rushdown style pressure game.

Non-green daruo combos on lighter characters, like Ram herself. Sometimes I feel comboes against her are easier if I do non-green version.

But always aim for green daruo.

^^ exactly,with swords 5s jump cancel and f.s jump cancel ,j.p j.k, occasionally 6p for anti air until you can get that dauro confirm or 5p it chains into it self like 4 time so i guess you can set up throws with that and use it to confim into 2kk. Thb, you are going to be jumping around alot with her trying to get a hit, j.2d is sorta okay if you are getting chased

If midstage PPP gives a far knockdown that you can't reasonably follow up, that seems to be terrible. It might be the best we can get from that situation, not sure, but it still sucks and I'm unhappy with it. I was thinking this morning that maybe hypersonic's idea of using 4K could be useful midstage where you're too far from the corner to carry for a wallsplat (or when you want to add a bunch of 4Ps to burst bait), since that way we actually get to do setups. I'll give it a try next time I can.

Midstage 4K is pretty situational since you can't combo into it without a deployed sword or without a counterhit setup.Can't get hard kd with a Dauro bnb too.You could always do 4P4K or KK4K with the help of a sword,but still situational.

I find midstage PPP's far knockdown pretty bad too.I think that a good option after that would be 6S and then throw a Casius for space control reasons(horizontal and vertical) and see how your opponent reacts.Ideally you want them to backdash,which would put them closer to the corner.You could also YRC the Casius and try to chase them down or IAD jp to meet them in the air in case they found a hole.

Generally i think that her best hard kd starting from the corner,or ending midscreen, would be j8D.If you keep the combo short like: c5S 623P>dash PK>c5S jc>j8D should cause hard kd on every character(otherwise after a long combo they can air recover).

J8D kd gives you enough time to setup a 6S(or a 6HS) sword and enough time to get in.I don't think that it can lead into any great okizeme options,but it gives you time to close the gap and be in their face again.

I was trying a setup on Millia:

From one corner,using the aforementioned combo,do 6S,dash,IADjK.Ramlethal crosses up but it's not an actual crossup,since they are in blockstun from 6S before.The point of this setup is not its ambiguosity,but as i said above it's to close the gap after a far knockdown.While probably not a true meaty,since i managed to backdash with Millia,but she was hit with the jK.The timing to backdash out of it seems really hard too.Works on I-NO,May,Ram too.Elphelt seems to wakeup faster(?) and she could backdash before 6S would hit.Could work on other characters too,but i recorded it only on lightweights.Speaking of which does anyone have a link with characters' wakeup frames?

So what is the go to BnB midscreen on the lighties like Milia and Ino? I'm currently just taking it easy with: C.S 2D Dauro -> pk -> ppp. However i see karinchu go for like C.S 2D Dauro -> pk -> C.S JD and just start throwing the swords down to lock them down. Is this a generic route to be taking against the lighter characters or just somthing for Milia and Ino to keep them locked down?

They're likely taking the route because it's impossible to actually convert Green Dauro PK PK PPP on characters that are too light. I'm pretty sure you can actually do Green Dauro PK KPP PPP on lights like Millia but the timing is strict and it might be a corner only thing. Also if they fly into the corner rather than midscreen you can convert into the IAD loop easily after the j.8D

Yeah Prototype909, doing Green Dauro dash PK, KPP, PP~P works perfectly fine on feathers except for Ramlethal, even midscreen. You could even add a second PK, but that makes it unnecessary hard. Against Elphelt it's actually doable by delaying the first dash PK as much as possible. Still probably not worth it.

Also, I thought Chipp was feather weight? He falls like a normal weight character.

I thought Chipp was feather weight? He falls like a normal weight character.

I'm able to land the normal pk pk ppp on Chipp fine, dosn't seem to be any issues with him which is nice. on Millia I can do Dauro C.S Dauro C.S J.d duno how usefull that will be though.

Hi guys, just signed up cos I just got the game and its my first competitive GG.

Anyways, I've been doing a lot of basic work with ram and I was curious as to what the best options are from a midscreen dauro confirm. I've been using the pk pk PPP route but I feel like there's something I'm missing from a spacing regard.

If there's a hole in your spacing it's probably j.d as a poke.

J.d has one of the biggest hitboxes of any air move in the game, and almost none of it is vulnerable. With the added ability to aim it, and full dustloops off RC on normal hit, it's very very strong in neutral.

If there's a hole in your spacing it's probably j.d as a poke.

J.d has one of the biggest hitboxes of any air move in the game, and almost none of it is vulnerable. With the added ability to aim it, and full dustloops off RC on normal hit, it's very very strong in neutral.

Thanks :) I'll be sure to try and improve my usage of it in casuals tomorrow with q friend of mine. Any not-immediately-obvious stuff to take note of, like unorthodox uses of normals?

5Hs with sword is a surprisingly applicable normal. It comes from the ground, which allows her to crush some very important low pokes at a range. Mainly Sol sweep, even on normal hit you get a full combo off H as you can link rising j.p or airdash j.k

Thanks :) I'll be sure to try and improve my usage of it in casuals tomorrow with q friend of mine. Any not-immediately-obvious stuff to take note of, like unorthodox uses of normals?

Yea i like it too and the air combo you get after does alot but that start up though; it leaves alot to be desired, i wish it has, upper invul at least