Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Hope I'm not the only one hoping she's horribly cheap just so I can fraud out with her.

Shes an arc system works boss character, she is already assured to be at the lowest mid tier 

Hope I'm not the only one hoping she's horribly cheap just so I can fraud out with her.

I'm planning on maining Potemkin, and judging from what I've been hearing that's going to be an exercise in character loyalty. So since I'm planning on subbing her I'd rather if she wasn't bottom tier as well.

Mind you, I have the worst luck when it comes to choosing mains. I think my 3 mains in Blazblue CT were Tager, Bang and Hakumen and they ended up being the bottom 3 characters in that version.

Aw, no teleport dash. Oh well, not a big deal. The combination attacks look pretty fun and there's enough variation to them to keep the opponent guessing and your options open. I'm imagining she'll focus on controlling space with released swords and apply pressure with the combination attacks. Course, this is just personal opinion and I look forward to exactly how she'll develop once players start figuring her out.

I thought at first that she could be high tier, but not anymore. She appears to have a good oki game and good mixup (with the command grab and stuff), but dunno, she lacks zato and millia pressure, don't know about her damage either. Maybe mid tier or mid-high? She reminds me a bit of Viola of SCV after seeing her in that last video, but with more positioning and a bit more zoning like Luminos said.

*sigh*

How on earth can you guys talk about tier placement on a new character on day 1? What the... hell.

Anyway, it seems like a good number of japanese players want to pick her up. Daiji is dropping Millia to use her, apparently.

Standard character release responses: "What tier?"/"Looks like they have low damage"/"x is bullshit"

Once people iron out optimized combos and figure out her set-ups/combination attacks, then weigh in on "tiers".

At least she looks interesting enough to get some player rep, can't wait for more footage of what's possible with her supers.

As far as the teleport dash vs no teleport dash I think that a normal dash is better honestly.  Normal dash means she can microdash which is always strong.

Teleport dashes are good for mixups but as far as movement goes they can really be a pain especially when trying to cover distance for a punish.

Either way I am really excited to see how this character ends up.  Can't wait for some combo vids and some footage of a JP god playing her.

It looks like the black bat's sword is always on a vertical plane, the white one horizontal. Also now we know she has to go through an animation both to place them and activate them. The super with the spinning swords looks like a 'free mixup whenever you want' super, which is always strong. I'd like to know more about that first move where her cloak looks like a bell.

so wait, the teleport was a boss only move? Or is it a command dash or something.

In unrelated news, really likeing the way she looks, she has some nice looking properties on her chain normals too.

As far as the teleport dash vs no teleport dash I think that a normal dash is better honestly.  Normal dash means she can microdash which is always strong.

Teleport dashes are good for mixups but as far as movement goes they can really be a pain especially when trying to cover distance for a punish.

Either way I am really excited to see how this character ends up.  Can't wait for some combo vids and some footage of a JP god playing her.

Given that Daiji, who was THE Millia in Xrd is going to be using her, I think you should have high hopes. In the meantime, I will mourn the loss of yet another Millia player :(

Not too mad though, Rammy is freaking sick and I sure hope she can make some noise.

Hmm, looking at the video, it seems like  Rammy-chan's S and HS are incredibly slow if they're not placed. I don't really have a side by side comparison, but they might be a few frames slower than even Potemkin's own. They do have great reach though. In a way, it kinda reminds me of Kliff's own respective S and HS except Rammy-chan doesn't look like she'll be busting her hip when doing them  :v:.

Given that Daiji, who was THE Millia in Xrd is going to be using her, I think you should have high hopes. In the meantime, I will mourn the loss of yet another Millia player :(

Not too mad though, Rammy is freaking sick and I sure hope she can make some noise.

IMHO there are other better Millia players in Xrd but he was surely the most creative, atleast among those we could see footages of.

People who are going to main Ramlethal are lucky because Daiji not only uploads his very own vids (the Port24 ones) but he often hosts streaming sessions on NicoNico where he analyzes and talks about his character, tactics etc.

She looks really low tier to me. maybe mid tier. possibly high tier. anyways these are my expert opinions

I thought at first that she could be high tier, but not anymore. She appears to have a good oki game and good mixup (with the command grab and stuff), but dunno, she lacks zato and millia pressure, don't know about her damage either. Maybe mid tier or mid-high? She reminds me a bit of Viola of SCV after seeing her in that last video, but with more positioning and a bit more zoning like Luminos said.

People who are going to main Ramlethal are lucky because Daiji not only uploads his very own vids (the Port24 ones) but he often hosts streaming sessions on NicoNico where he analyzes and talks about his character, tactics etc.

Nice. I very much look forward to this. I find that whenever venturing into unfamiliar character territory, it's best to have an experienced player providing the directions.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the Day 1 stuff. Yeah sure, it's all a chaotic mess for now, but it is from that chaos that we'll get an established gameplan. Also, apparently Rammy-chan's cloak is alive as see by her brief intro. Creepy.

Wow so many jumps over a "comment".  :v: Sorry for trying to guess, i suppose...

-------

It's good to see that her laser super is not as slow as it was shown in her boss form.

Her meter gain looks awful. Does she have a more specific way of building it? (Only the combo attacks like PPP for example?)

EDIT: Should clarify, I've only really some of the watched the sparring video so far. The match vids look... better? Seemed like the swords give a lot (12.5%?) but normals seem like nothing.

It's good to see that her laser super is not as slow as it was shown in her boss form.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. It also only costs 50% tension and fires almost immediately. I wonder if you could do sweep>Calvados for some shenanigans...?

Her meter gain looks awful. Does she have a more specific way of building it? (Only the combo attacks like PPP for example?)

EDIT: Should clarify, I've only really some of the watched the sparring video so far. The match vids look... better? Seemed like the swords give a lot but normals seem like nothing.

We are still in Day 1 for her. It'll probably become more solid after people get the hang of her. I did notice that, while released swords do offer up some control, there's also a down time before they can be swung again which gives the other characters plenty of time to rush in for the kill. Rammy-chan seems to lack a go-to defensive tool.

We are still in Day 1 for her. It'll probably become more solid after people get the hang of her. I did notice that, while released swords do offer up some control, there's also a down time before they can be swung again which gives the other characters plenty of time to rush in for the kill. Rammy-chan seems to lack a go-to defensive tool.

I understand she's Day 1, so maybe I should clarify it a bit. I don't mean it like "Wow, why's she so bad?". I know better than that. I mean that at first glance it looked like she might not get meter from non-sword moves at all (The sparring vid I mentioned is mostly just gatling combos), and that's rather different from other characters, so I was interested if there was another method. Seeing the match vids, it looks like the swords give huge meter, so that's apparently the counterbalance.