Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

j.2H > air dash > j.1K > j.1S works for me. I just hold downback as soon as I airdash and until I land, or until I hit 1S after doing an empty jump 1D / 1K

It depends on what you want to use as mix-up tbh. Like someone else stated in this thread before, one of the main advantages of crumple oki is it's much harder for the opponent to see when they can press buttons again. The visual clue given when waking up makes the reversal window a lot easier compared to the small crumple recovery animation. Also, you can do all of the options you mentioned with crumple oki, so I'd say they are more or less equal in terms of usefulness.

edit: lol got beaten to it.

As for double sword mix-ups, there's only one spot where they can potentially jump out: After you set the 2nd sword and do an overhead. They need to FD as soon as they leave the ground though because otherwise they'll still get hit by the overhead. They can't jump out of your first IAD/empty mix-up if you're doing it right, and you'll catch their jump start-up if you're doing 2K after setting the 2nd sword.

How does the airdash safe jump work?

cancel 2D with jump and at the peak of the jump 2HS or 2S then at the lowest point you can air dash in the jump air dash forward into j.K. You are doing it right if you have to delay the j. K heavily else it will whiff as it will run out of active frames before they get up. Timing isn't actually terribly strict for to safe jump Sol. If you delay the jump or do a high jump you can get an air dash mixup with j.K->j.S. If it hits the 2HS will launch for airdash loop combos and if they block you are at MASSIVE plus because of the sword and can do whatever. 

I'll have to mess with the crumple oki see if I can get safejumps also, but as of right now I pretty much just mixup 6K,2D, and command grab off it so need to see if I can get more out of it then. Reversal window in this game is pretty strict, so should experiment more with it.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but the matchup sections are like..empty.

I'm really scrubby at the game and at the level I play, you see Sin, Sin and more Sin.

Any tips on how to deal with him? I'm bad so I'm not able to see what the gaps are on his gameplay to try and take advantage of them. His normals are either faster than mine, have more range than mine or both at the same time. Any random hit he gets, he can convert to a 10+ combo for massive damage...It feels like an uphill battle every time. He's better in the air, he's better on the ground, he does more damage than me and more easily...

So that, any tips?

Thanks and sorry again if this is not the right place.

I haven't played a whole lot of sin but j.P beats literally everything in the air. If you aren't in range for j.P you can use j.S like Faust and fish for counterhits. Ramlethals nuetral is kinda bad, you literally have to fairy around for knockdowns then run setups. If someone is jumping that is when it is easiest to land hits j.P and 6P are both really good. On the ground it is really just sword summons and f.S. Learn to summon a sword then use 3K to get in, 2KPP if they haven't trained themselves to block it, and so on. Also once you get a knockdown you have so many safe mixup options that are hard to block. End combos into 2D or crumple then put toranshi on them or do a 2HS into mixup. She isn't a very easy character imo, very setup oriented. A bit auto-pilot once you get stuff going though.

I haven't played a whole lot of sin but j.P beats literally everything in the air.

Sin j.S can beat it, it's pretty obnoxious.

Vs Sin I practiced instant blocking his slide in training mode and that helps a bit. His 214S (full screen overhead) can be BSed on reaction so I practiced that a bit too. I'm still not very familiar with the matchup though.

Lol yea, netplay is a sinfestation

And a sol breeding ground. As for the sin match its pretty hard imo, good sin players will use f.s to control neutral and use slide to low profile your f.s. if he is ever in the air though, you'll most likely beat him out. So if he stays grounded and has stellar spacing, you are going to have to 3k to get in and use the swords to get him to jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK2AIlb2mbQ&feature=youtu.be

I'm surprised nobody posted about this fuzzy guard already. I saw Batako do this in one of the Mikado videos so I tried it out. Works on everybody except Chipp, May, Faust, and probably I-No. Seems like it should work on her but I couldn't get it to connect.

If I goofed anything let me know.

Can i get advice on air dashing? are there any input shortcuts available? I come from mvc3 and in there i sort of cheated by assigning the dash to one button and am not comfortable going up and side side quickly enough for the combos. also im playing on regular controller and the up side side motion is hurting my thumb lol.

Can i get advice on air dashing? are there any input shortcuts available? I come from mvc3 and in there i sort of cheated by assigning the dash to one button and am not comfortable going up and side side quickly enough for the combos. also im playing on regular controller and the up side side motion is hurting my thumb lol.

The shortcut for IAD is 9, 5, 6; so up forward, neutral, forward. Learning to IAD is the one big (big in air quotes) execution hurdle to movement in anime games, but the shortcut definitely helps. It's universal across arcsys games, too. 

GUYS DON'T FORGET THAT CHARACTERS HAVE DIFFERENT WAKEUP FRAMES.

When people say these setups get beaten sometimes this might be the reason. There are no universal setups/safejumps that are tight enough for every character. The difference between some characters are 9 frames.

Not sure if this was posted yet (I read most of the thread), but if my hcb f+H super(with both swords set) happens to hit raw, what should I be attacking with while it's hitting, for maximum damage? And is there a way to continue the combo afterwards?

Edit: I'm also having a very very hard time getting dash P after 623P, to the point that it is making me want to quit this character.

Not sure if this was posted yet (I read most of the thread), but if my hcb f+H super(with both swords set) happens to hit raw, what should I be attacking with while it's hitting, for maximum damage? And is there a way to continue the combo afterwards?

Edit: I'm also having a very very hard time getting dash P after 623P, to the point that it is making me want to quit this character.

Hcb,f+h is usually called by its name, toranshi. If you time it right you can PPP for wallsplat, but unless you combo into another toranshi you can't expect much damage and it's usually best to go for a oki setup as toranshi always puts them in the corner with swords deployed. To add damage during toranshi, I'm unsure if you hit raw but if it's late in a combo you gain most from mashing 4P to add hits. But always end in PPP for the oki.

Are you getting greenflash (justframe) version of daruo (623P)? If not then dash P is almost impossible depending on character. Make sure you get the justframe version and practice.

I've actually been doing 8D while Toranshi is hitting and then PPP at the end but I was wondering if there was something better. The 8Ds (I can get two in) seem to up the damage more than mashing 4P.

It'll depend where it is in the combo. At the end of a long combo, every hit will be doing 1 damage anyways, so you just want as many hits as possible, which makes mashing 4P the best option.

I'm generally referring to raw Toranshi landing (either from them getting hit out of something or them running out of meter to faultless defense from airblocking).

As for Daruo. If I don't end up getting the just frame to come out, what is the best combo I should be going to midscreen?

Depends on the weight of the character. Against normal weight, PPP (no dash required) seems to be ok, especially close to the wall. Against lighter characters like Ram you can do most of the same combos as if you did justframe daruo against normal weight.

Regarding toranshi, have to test this. I haven't as I don't expect to hit raw toranshi. Is it really air unblockable?

the opponent has to waste a lot of tension to faultless defense that entire super...it's really good to do it raw even if you know it won't be blocked on the ground. From the videos I've seen, a lot of people die to it specifically for that reason.

I didn't say it was air unblockable but when they air block it, can't you just do an air unblockable move like 6P?

Wow I'm so stupid, never thought about this... >_>

Toranshi is one of the best supers in this game I believe.

So...her best anti-air is supposed to be her 6P, the universal anti-air. I think I read that it has a good amount of upperbody invincibility, starting from frame 1, yet I can't use it to counter Sol bandit revolver (or the held down one). I get counterhit, trades or clashes and the only time it wins is before the hitbox of bandit revolver comes out...why is this. I'm going to assume it's because bandit revolver doesn't hit just upperbody but I don't know...logically it should work.

yeah you force them to FD or get hit.

anyway, is there a midscreen cmd grab combo that does full corner carry?

236k back up a bit IAD j.k j.s j.8d x3 works I think.

So...her best anti-air is supposed to be her 6P, the universal anti-air. I think I read that it has a good amount of upperbody invincibility, starting from frame 1, yet I can't use it to counter Sol bandit revolver (or the held down one). I get counterhit, trades or clashes and the only time it wins is before the hitbox of bandit revolver comes out...why is this. I'm going to assume it's because bandit revolver doesn't hit just upperbody but I don't know...logically it should work.

Bandit revolver and bringer hit too deep and pass 6p's upper body invul so it loses. Try blitzing both of them.

Bandit Revolver is 9 frames, Ramlethal's 6P is 10. You're probably being hit out the start up. If he's cancelling into it from a normal, you're probably getting hit even earlier in the start up of your 6P. As for Bandit Bringer, slowness of the move and the hit box on it are pretty much designed to bait people into trying to anti-air it with a ground normal. It is tempting, but you must resist. Pick one of your many other options and enjoy safety. Backdash, Blitz Shield, air throw, j. P air to air...

As a side note, the amount of upper body invuln on 6Ps was universally nerfed in Xrd to prevent people from taking advantage of the hurt boxes in ground situations. They're still good as anti-airs (Ramlethal's is a little on the small side), but they're much more likely to trade with or lose to incoming attacks than in previous versions.