Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPNiqJCryQ

After getting frustrated with practicing the first mix up I decided to see how easy this would be if you macro'd an RC button. As much as I hate to do that it's actually incredibly easy to do this mix up if you macro a RC button. I macro it to where Taunt would be on a Type A set up. You still have to be really fast with the button sequence but it does remove the complication of trying to do a claw formation for the RC. 

Could someone explain me what did happen at 0:34, the reset from the throw. What did he RC? That one is weird lol

Hmm...noticing that Karinchu will occasionally will do 632146HS (beam super with both swords equipped) after getting an air sequence of j.pxN, j.8D. They'll tech but not FD the beam super in time and get hit or the tech and eat all that chip damage. I've seen him do this in multiple matches and at first I thought it was weird but seeing at how reliably it works on his opponents I'm starting to rethink this.

The other thing I'm noticing Karinchu do is that when he lands a Daruo starter and has 50+ meter instead of going for a typical combo he'll usually just go for 4PxN in hopes of baiting a burst since he can't YRC option select in that position. In the times that they do burst he's able to block in between the 4P's and then go for a big punish. If they don't burst he'll just get a few 4P's into a PPP ender. He does sacrifice damage and screen position with this burst bait.

Is it just me or does Ramlethal have kind of bad anti air? I feel like it's too easy to jump over 6P and 5HS seems unreliable. Are there any useful anti air techniques? I tried to use sword placement but it feels like the startup is too long and it's too easy to punish her for it. 

Her 6p is more situational than anything. It works but only on shallow jump ins and iad approaches.  It wont just blow up any air attack.

Inputting 4HS is pretty good for catching people trying to jump to bait a throw from you as it will usually still catch them. As an actual anti air I wouldn't recommend it.

You can use equipped 2S > 2HS if you get a read on a jump/airdash but its extremely easy to hang yourself doing this.

Best thing to do imo is just meet them air to air with jump forward j.P or airthrow.  Airthrows are legit anti airs in this game and Rams j.P doesn't lose to many moves air to air.

Blitz Shield works as well

I figured as much. Is setting a sword after 4PPP 4K2KK any good for baiting a reversal? Seems like it might be but I just want to make sure before I start using it liberally lol

I figured as much. Is setting a sword after 4PPP 4K2KK any good for baiting a reversal? Seems like it might be but I just want to make sure before I start using it liberally lol

Swords after any midscreen knockdown are not meant to keep the opponent in place. They can be easily backdashed/jumped out/reversal-ed of if you do nothing but set a sword. It's only good after you condition your opponent not to do things to avoid your sword, mostly with a meaty 2k or 2d that will catch people mashing throw and making most of the above options a lot harder to do. Once that happens you can use the sword to do 6k setups and toss out a command grab every now and then once they start fearing the high low mixup after you set a sword.

Against people who are proficient at backdashing and using reversals out of your meaty low, you might want to use harder call outs, like Daruo to catch backdash and just blocking respectively. Otherwise, meaty low should be what you want to do most of the time after a midscreen sword, because nobody wants to deal with the high low and command throw mixup.

For some reason I stopped being able to safejump iad j.K after corner crumple fffffffff

Are the different wakeup times plus latency getting to me? I now have to condition people to block, that's not what I signed up for :slant:

I'd like to ask for what you guys are doing in neutral because it feels that with the lack of proper blockstrings, Ramlethal's only chances of ever getting hits are from j.p or f.s. Would like to know what people are doing to make their gameplay more varied other than these 2 moves.

Are IAD loops still viable in the current version of the game? I've tried them on several characters (Faust, I-No, Elphelt, and Millia) and they all fall too fast for me to get anything. It feels like Ram has more landing recovery off all her jumping dusts. If they're still viable, is there an easy setup I can use + character I can try it on to get used to the timing?

Edit: Whelp, nevermind. I just got it on Elphelt, so I guess I just scrubbed out for a second. I thought the last patch changed something about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPNiqJCryQ

That 2PPK tech that was presented in the oki video above is actually really good if used in a blockstring too.2PP Red RC is plus on block and you can go for a 50/50 mixup.For example if you just RRC 2PP without inputting K,you can go for a low ,e.g 2D into Dauro combo(reversal safe).If you RRC when you input K you can go for this instant overhead jK,which is reversal safe.You can even go for a low 2D into Dauro combo,instead of instant overhead jK,but it can be reversaled.If you commit to the full 2PPK combination and and K hits them,RRC can lead into a full IAD loop combo,since it launches them.If they block it RRC makes it safe and continue pressure.2PP into K is not a true blockstring though and can be reversaled between P and K

what are some good set ups to use her command throw? when  i get a knock down and summon swords they always mash and hit me out of it and whenever they dont mash im out of range even though im literally right next to them 

what are some good set ups to use her command throw? when  i get a knock down and summon swords they always mash and hit me out of it and whenever they dont mash im out of range even though im literally right next to them 

Ramlethal's command throw range reaches only slightly further than normal throw so you can feel as if you are very close but yet unable to command throw them.

Anyway, command throws work mostly as a deterrence to blocking so it's not really a question of which setups use the command throw but whether your opponent is conditioned to just sit and block because you scared him out of jumping and mashing via other options, which mostly turns out to be a meaty 2d.

The only real command grab setups are those where your sword oki deliberately whiffs but visually passes through the opponent, allowing you to land and command throw them (as well as giving them quite a shock) because the sword does not put them in blockstun.

Any throw setups should always be mashable, therefore you only start using them after you've conditioned your opponent to block like Complexity said.

Blow them up for mashing and get free wins, then blow them up with it for blocking when they start to do so

Hey Complexity, to answer your block string question,

If the opponent likes to stay on the ground, f.s is jump cancelable i think so i like to go into j.k>c.s and see how they react.

If it lands, corner combo>damage>win,

If they block, i try and mix is up so that i can do f.s into 2D at the right range, or empty jump into 2k or 2D

If they 6p or reversal, then try something else like f.s jump cancel into j.HS and see if they eat it or just let them whiff.

Hey Complexity, to answer your block string question,

If the opponent likes to stay on the ground, f.s is jump cancelable i think so i like to go into j.k>c.s and see how they react.

If it lands, corner combo>damage>win,

If they block, i try and mix is up so that i can do f.s into 2D at the right range, or empty jump into 2k or 2D

If they 6p or reversal, then try something else like f.s jump cancel into j.HS and see if they eat it or just let them whiff.

I guess f.S being jcable is something that I'm not quite used to yet, seeing as how Mu couldn't jc her 5c in BB. Should probably try to make use of it more often.

against pot, after I knocked him down, he did wake up back dash, what is the best way to punish him? I missed 2d, my sword 6s also missed

Pots backdash is amazing with 20 frames of invincibility, but he's vulnerable on his last frame as the backdash lasts for 21 frames. If you get a knockdown and deploy a sword and guess he'll go for the backdash, dash up and do a meaty 2D into a combo. 2D got 6 active frames so you have to let Pots backdash end while 2D is still active.