Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

eh well. char is certainly nerfed (green dauro is like -5 on IB), air game significantly neutered with the jD, jSword deploys getting more recovery. big combo damage (and meter gain) losses.

5pk4k sounds wacky, esp if it combos on grounded opponents. i somehow doubt it?

calvados, whatever. 

really it looks like we're supposed to keep swords on i guess

What about jD? Since it now makes a wall bound, it is probably the new option for combos if the j8D is really dead. Even though, her damage will definitely go down. She will be ok I think, just not as good as before.

What about jD? Since it now makes a wall bound, it is probably the new option for combos if the j8D is really dead. Even though, her damage will definitely go down. She will be ok I think, just not as good as before.

It only wall bounces on counter-hit. Also the added recovery would prevent what you're going for.

The biggest question mark as of right now is the projectile blitz proximity. If it prevents meaty sword oki we can pack it up.

There's absolutely no reason to worry about her damage atm, even if it goes down they're definitely giving her new routes. The changelog isn't full or final, it's always been like this for BB at least.

No reason not to worry about the rest of the nerfs tho :toot:

Exactly Killey.  No reason to pack our bags until the fat lady sings, but, with all due respect, Alkipot, she's receiving more nerfs overall than ANY OTHER CHARACTER, and while the entire Top 5 and Sol are taking hits, based off of these changes, even though they're not complete, they're all still complete, she's changing at a CORE, fundamental level.  Even if she's still good, if she has to play in an entirely different style, then can she still be considered "living?"

Changes certainly seem targeted at changing the way she is/was being played, Arcsys either wasn't satisfied or didn't intend for her to be running around constantly setting swords I feel like (Sword recovery nerf is indicative of this, the j.8D thing was an obvious problem and it's no surprise that it was nerfed). The changes to sword recovery, should they go through, are probably going to change a lot of her neutral game and mess with a lot of her combo routes in the corner (I doubt you'd be able to do wall stick into j.2HS land c.S for instance anymore). My hunch is that they want her to have to play with swords equipped more, but the problem is that the way her normals interact with one another that isn't really desirable at times which is why you saw people mostly setting air swords so much from fullscreen.

Green Dauro change is especially strange though, I don't see why after so many other characters and even the system received QoL changes resulting in specials and reversals being made more lenient that they would then make Green Dauro more strict though it's possible that the translated changes just haven't been qualified very well and that they've actually just made it more consistent rather than more strict.

It's just the first loketest though, I wouldn't be busting out the coffins and RIP hashtags just yet. If the goal of the changes is to simply make her a character that is more healthy to the game then I think that they're going in the right direction, the only question then should be if they're actually able to make her strong in this version of the game after the changes go through.

I'm still in love with Rammy. I don't know about you guys but I will not give up this character. She holds a special place in my heart like all my characters. Hazama, Aigis, Naoto, and Ramlethal. Love your character guys not get tier or ability.

I love you Rammy ^_^

The good thing about location tests is that its the best time to test some extreme changes or what not.  Better to lay down and look at the sky than to cry over a house that hasn't burned down yet. 

I particularly don't like it when they change how the character is intended to play. I always thought Millia would be extremely hard to balance because she is designed to be an oki based character with her tool set so how would you balance her without removing that game play design in mind. In Ramlethal's case I don't really think they had a clear cut idea of how she should play so we're kind of in this awkward situation now.

What's with all the tears, were you people seriously expecting buffs or what?

Lmao, this is why I love reading dustloop.  Comments like these are hilarious.

Seeing people complain, as well as taking part in said complaining is part of the fun/experience every time ASW do these loctests. :eng101:

Wow these nerfs...Tbh from all these nerfs,i only expected the j8D one,because damage and corner carry is ridiculous;but what's with the other nerfs?

Setting up swords on neutral or wakeup,while in the air is an important part of her gameplay.You actually take counterhit damage during recovery and it isn't easy to setup her neutral against some characters either.

I'm guessing that the new combination 5PK4K combos since PK staggers on hit and can be used after Dauro> dash PK too,but i doubt that it will be any good with these sword nerfs.

Her combination PK bnb,probably will still be viable,but dashing after every PK will be necessary now.

And what's with Dauro being -2 on block now?Our hitconfirms should probably be godlike if we don't want to get punished by 4 or 5 frame normals when instant blocked.

Calvados?...meh

All i see when i review the list is that they took so many stuff away from her(damage,oki and neutral) and as an exchange they gave her almost nothing.

What's with all the tears, were you people seriously expecting buffs or what?

That's not the point. nerfing her damage, or her stun, or dumb stuff that made her top tier would make sense, and I'm sure we were all expecting it. But they're changing her to the point where it seems like she'll have to be played differently. Making sword moves useless baffles me because that was part of what made her a fun and unique character. Without it she's quite boring and takes less thought to play. I picked her up because I missed Dizzy's massive screen control. If I gotta jump around doing j.S with sword equipped all day then forget it.

We're only just starting to figure her out and they've changed her drastically.

Also I'm a bit salty that I spent all of last week learning the daiji combo and now I find out that it's gonna be missing in the next iteration. But fair play it was a bit ridiculous (surely the difficulty of it was the payoff though?)

As it is, it's only marginally better than a safe sword set up for mix-up in most situations, and in some cases is worse due to the damage scaling. How early they have to make you block to get rid of it is still unknown, but it will certainly make it less safe as a metered option, and potentially wake up DP could stuff it. It also currently beats dead angles, which it probably won't now, which would significantly reduce it's usefulness since they can just trade 50 meter for your 50 meter.

Sword nerfs might be ok if we're willing to use some bar on YRC. Maybe instead of saving it for Trance, using it to get rid of sword recovery will make her a bit more fun and interesting to play.

6K Initial proration 90 to 80

3K hurtbox lowered

6S and 6H initial proration 90 to 85

PPP proration 80 (nerfed)

combination 4k longer untech time

command grab longer overall frames (probably recovery added)

trance ten less hits, no longer guaranteed to start up

Expanded air hurt box (makes it easier for opponents to do combos)

As it is, it's only marginally better than a safe sword set up for mix-up in most situations, and in some cases is worse due to the damage scaling. How early they have to make you block to get rid of it is still unknown, but it will certainly make it less safe as a metered option, and potentially wake up DP could stuff it. It also currently beats dead angles, which it probably won't now, which would significantly reduce it's usefulness since they can just trade 50 meter for your 50 meter.

If Trance only goes away if Ramlethal is hit before it comes out, I doubt there will be an issue with corner Trance since everybody does it meaty (it already comes out) anyway. 10 hits sounds like a real pain though.