Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I'm not sure if anyone feels the same as me but I feel that swords being hittable isn't really even a nerf. The main point of the swords were to force your opponents to move such that they became vulnerable to other things like j.p, f.s and Daruo. Swords being hittable just means they move in a different way from before, but in the end you still largely accomplish your task of making them move.

You might even want to wait for them to hit sword so you can punish with dauro. Or it will just encourage players to play more with swords equipped and maybe even give Pot a better chance in this matchup.

Don't really get why they give more untech time to combination 4k since even if it hits it'll still just cause them to hit the ground before you recover. Unless you burn bar of course. Same thing with 5k, maybe it'll be a somewhat better poke or something but you won't really get much out of it unless near corner.

I guess so you can juggle into 4K knockdown more easily?

Since at the moment, that requires a very short combo or a specific set-up from a 2S hit in the corner at the end of your post-wall stick stuff (which won't work at all on Elphelt, or I-No, due to weight/air hurtboxes).

It'd allow you to squeeze out a bit more damage/meter while still retaining the knockdown necessary for all the most fun mix-ups with a little more time to set up for them even.

Maybe it'll also open up some more sub-optimal combo routes, seeing as how right now, the only thing you can really do is link into 5P from a 5K(K)4K right after Dauro launch.

With the current amount of untech time you wouldn't even be able to use the new 5PK4K string in a combo because everyone save Pot would tech out too high, can't have that.

Am I the only one that caught this ??  Does it slow down or stops it completely?

Ram: - j.2D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f - sword setup: hurtbox added; slows down sword's startup when hit

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/566132644245950464

If it just slows down then that's pretty great I guess? I initially thought that being able to strike swords would already null them on-hit.

If it just slows down then that's pretty great I guess? I initially thought that being able to strike swords would already null them on-hit.

idk I just want some kind of clarification ?  I've been reading here about her changes but on the twitter account its different in regards to her sword set.

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ

Ichi-Chan. She went from crippled, in a wheelchair to sprained ankle, on crutches. Which means she will heal in time. Orrrrrr she get better as we figure out new things with her.

Am I the only one that caught this ??  Does it slow down or stops completely?

Ram: - j.2D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f - sword setup: hurtbox added; slows down sword's startup when hit

If it would merely slow down and force the opponent to say ppp-ing it to avoid getting hit, it could potentially open a completely new can of shenanigans.

Although the cynic in me doubts it'd be something than convenient.

If it would merely slow down and force the opponent to say ppp-ing it to avoid getting hit, it could potentially open a completely new can of shenanigans.

Although the cynic in me doubts it'd be something than convenient.

Yeah definitely, its better than having the sword completely stopped IMO, it opens up alotta of ideas.  I just hope that its not a mistake or anything.

Edit- Since theres no new updates on the trance super could we assume its back to vanilla status?

Yeah definitely, its better than having the sword completely stopped IMO, it opens up alotta of ideas.  I just hope that its not a mistake or anything.

Edit- Since theres no new updates on the trance super could we assume its back to vanilla status?

They listed changes that reverted to their vanilla status, no word on it probably means that the first loketest changes to it still stand

They're nerfing the damage on her oki from all sides.

2D Initial hit damage proration 90 added.
6K Initial hit damage proration changed from 90 to 80.
2H Attack damage reduced from 60 to 50.

PPP also getting a forced proration at 90%. Bye bye big damage.

I guess it was expected, at least it's not nearly as bad as first loctest patch.

Am I the only one that caught this ??  Does it slow down or stops completely?

停止する is slightly more nuanced than just "stop", but I've never seen it used to mean slow down.

Stunedge tweeted the TL as stop.

Also PPP forced prorate is 80, not 90.

but they didnt say anything about 3K proration right?

(well thats probably nerfed too and they're not mentioning)

Don't really get why they give more untech time to combination 4k since even if it hits it'll still just cause them to hit the ground before you recover. Unless you burn bar of course. Same thing with 5k, maybe it'll be a somewhat better poke or something but you won't really get much out of it unless near corner.

There are some combos where if you end in 4k, the opponent will be able to tech out before hitting the ground. It is only a huge buff if you constantly run 4k oki.

but they didnt say anything about 3K proration right?

(well thats probably nerfed too and they're not mentioning)

3K already have 90% initial proration. But they want to buff it! Even lower profile. This is nice I guess. I already use 3K if I have the meter to cancel it.

Speaking of 3k, not sure if people know but 3k on CH at far distances combos into f.s, so the next time you get a 3k CH on a crouching opponent you can convert it into something better.

Might 2D hit in the same situation? If you hit 3K max range you should land pretty close, and if 2D hits you'll get a full combo.

停止する is slightly more nuanced than just "stop", but I've never seen it used to mean slow down.

Stunedge tweeted the TL as stop.

Also PPP forced prorate is 80, not 90.

Just throwing this out there but 停止する implies a temporary stoppage. So it's not "slowing down" or "stopping" but like, probably "pausing" is the right word in this case. 

So most likely, hitting swords doesn't stop them but simply pauses them for some frames. 

I like the new set of changes a lot. It's perfectly fair that they reduced the number of iAD loops and the overall damage of Ram's game. But they put some nice buffs, reverted the air sword deploy recovery, and the new sword hitting feature is really interesting and sounds fun. 6P got a mini buff which is cool and tension build with casius and deutro is helpful too although i never use deutro. I'm still curious as to what the combination route that was added actually does or looks like.

If anyone knows what the new combination route is, I'd love to know please. Is it the same as 5KK-> 4K? Also does anyone know any practical application of deutro? I saw someone use slide deutro->yrc-> command throw but that's obvious after using it once. Air deutro sometimes helps with changing the angle of attack in the air but I don't how it has much use yet.