Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Equipped jH is "unsafe" in the sense that it doesn't give a lot of blockstun if done high enough allowing easy throw punish on block (you can't beat their throw because they were recently in blockstun and is throw protected). You can however cancel it into air detruo to make it safe/+ on block, but keep in mind that there's a gap between jH and 214K that you can get AA'ed out of.

Equipped jH is "unsafe" in the sense that it doesn't give a lot of blockstun if done high enough allowing easy throw punish on block (you can't beat their throw because they were recently in blockstun and is throw protected). You can however cancel it into air detruo to make it safe/+ on block, but keep in mind that there's a gap between jH and 214K that you can get AA'ed out of.

I could swear I've gotten thrown out of detruo follow up after air jH..

I've gotta say, I'm pretty happy with these changes.  This sounds MUCH more like a reasonable refinement for Ram, as opposed to an outright slaughter of the entire character.  Nice to see they took feedback to heart and reverted some of the more outlandish nerfs.  It seems my faith in Team Red has been rewarded.  :)  Losing damage was expected, and I'm fine with less IAD Loops, since they tend to take that type of stuff away in these patches.  Looking forward to some of these Quality Of Life buffs if they stick, especially the new combos we could get from increased Untechable Time on normals and improved Tension gain, since she builds it slower than everyone else.  I know I SHOULD get Skylone's Naoto comparison, since we play both characters, but are you referring to her having her keepaway slightly weakened in Ultimax, only to become a pressure monster?  Because that's the only similarity I'm seeing between them.  Swords getting a Hurtbox is interesting, and I hope we can see it soon.  if it really does just pause the blades, but they still swing, they could lead to some FUN stuff.  Still wish Trance wasn't getting a hit reduction, but this looks like the perfect to weaken her slightly, while still keeping her unique and interesting as a whole.

I could swear I've gotten thrown out of detruo follow up after air jH..

Air detruo is supposed to be +1 on block so that sounds strange. Or do you mean getting thrown before detruo hits? I've had this happen to me with the ground version once.

Rekunbox: It seems that hitting swords only puts them in a stun freeze state, so it doesn't cancel them or anything, just delays them. 

Or do you mean getting thrown before detruo hits? I've had this happen to me with the ground version once.

I've gotten thrown after the opponent has blocked the jH and before the detruo hits. It almost feels like the detruo even if used in air becomes grounded before the attack itself connects so you can get thrown out of it which is legit odd. You'd figure a move with animation like that would be throw invul or at least ground throw invulnerable.

So by swords getting a hurtbox does this mean opponents can mash us out of sword placement and 2S/HS? Sounds kind of dumb if this really is the case.

According to the changes, hitting the swords makes them pause for a bit. I think the swords can continue to hit after the pause.

Detruo is a strange move. Hmm. I've been thinking but yet to test, as you're at 0 when landing after jH, would there be time for a backdash if you hit the second 4 right on the same frame you recover? I like jH but it feels pretty risky sometimes without meter. With meter you almost have a 50/50 with either doing a jK before landing or a 2D after landing.

So by swords getting a hurtbox does this mean opponents can mash us out of sword placement and 2S/HS? Sounds kind of dumb if this really is the case.

Well, as I said, the Japanese used doesn't mean that swords are completely stopped, so even if they could keep mashing to keep it from fully swinging, it would still come out eventually. And besides, that also means they're whiffing attacks, so that becomes major counter-hit bait.

Its a frame advantage overhead that knocks down gives you combo in the corner, if you dont overuse it its still pretty good.

FTFY

It's still mad slow though, slower than her dust. I've seen people react to it like it's nothing. It's very dangerous against Sol in particular as he can just 6K+H and you'll have to hit him during a 3f window else you eat boot.

Not to mention the way it executes is funky in the way that you can't combo off the air version like the ground version due to the way it lands.

Detruo is pretty good in pressure strings if covered by swords. Something like f.s 6h f.s 214k works out quite well in the corner.

Not to mention the way it executes is funky in the way that you can't combo off the air version like the ground version due to the way it lands.

IIRC im pretty sure you can combo off of it with at least a jab, the timing is alot stricter than the ground one though like possibly a 1 or 2 frame link

You can link 5P from tk Detruo (which is a lot faster than ground Detruo) on light/normal weight characters, but it doesn't work on heavier ones like Pot/Bed/Ky/Leo/etc.

Detruo YRC is also a pretty fun option. Kinda works like a bootleg, lazy version of the 2PPK YRC oki stuff. You can also do like, dash Detruo YRC to hurl yourself across the screen in a low arc hop while retaining air options.

Maaaayyybbbee not the best use of meter, but definitely fun.

One thing I have been wondering is the hurtbox addition to the swords for the loketest. It's supposed to give a way for someone to hit it and run away unscathed... but do you think the hurtbox could be an indirect buff? Like in absorbing hits from let's say projectiles/dead angle like the mini-shadow? Or do you think it'll be more like Bedman's Icons where you can attack through them but instead of vanishing they just pause/slowdown?

Forgive me for not reading through all 26 pages of this thread before posting, maybe my question has been answered before - if so, I apologise.

Ramlethal's green version of the 623P has been compared to moves such as EWGF (electric wind god fist) from the Tekken series, however, just how strict is the timing here? I don't have trouble getting the fast Dauro whenever I want but I don't remember being able to use EWGF that consistently. Within how many frames do you need to input the P after the 3 in order to get the fast version?  

Forgive me for not reading through all 26 pages of this thread before posting, maybe my question has been answered before - if so, I apologise.

Ramlethal's green version of the 623P has been compared to moves such as EWGF (electric wind god fist) from the Tekken series, however, just how strict is the timing here? I don't have trouble getting the fast Dauro whenever I want but I don't remember being able to use EWGF that consistently. Within how many frames do you need to input the P after the 3 in order to get the fast version?  

i believe it's a 3f window

I think it's 2 frames.