Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

The match ups I don't like having both swords deployed are Millia, Chip, and Elphet. There are some aspects to the Sol, Bedman, and Faust match ups where I wouldn't want both swords deployed for an extended period of time. Other than that I'm pretty comfortable with having both swords deployed for the rest of the cast.

I would say keep S sword against Zato and Millia. Flight makes deployed S sword less effective and equipped H sword isn't very good against Millia in general. Keeping both is pretty much a given for Chipp though. If you guess a Find Me correctly and score a 5h CH you pretty much won the round.

G-guys I hope you're ready for the nerfs. H-heh, just remember how cute she is and it'll all be okay. R-right?

G-guys I hope you're ready for the nerfs. H-heh, just remember how cute she is and it'll all be okay. R-right?

Waifuism triumphs all.

Reminder that crippled girls can be moe too.

Depends if you're playing competetive, gg isnt really a game where you can afford to play an uncompetitive characters, of course you play for fun or be as skilled as ruu but be ready to be frustrated more than before unless youre a masochist that enjoys emtional pain.

What are you talking about?? Outside of certain versions of vf, guilty is the game where you can most afford to play an "uncompetitive" character. If they even exist.

Everything needs to be look at through context. In guess i did held back saying if you're ruu then why not but otherwise most western players i.e non japanese player will find it tough.

Even ogawa suggested ramlethal days are over and looking back during the slash era dizzy went from reload solid A to being D during the beginning to a closer C during the end of the slash era and most japanese player did made the switch, even H.H traded soul for ky.

Furthermore the loyal players have been playing their characters for a number of years almost 6 + in some cases. And you would need to distinguish between playing competitively and playing for fun which are two different thing. With the former competing to place top at most tourney.

But hey if you can be a beast like FAB, Ruu, Kazuki, Sammito ectera sure why not.

Edit: i suppose the only caveat is we wont know the the final build until next week.

I was playing in japanese tournaments with dizzy during slash and doing just fine. In America, you don't have to be like, Ruu good because the competition isn't japan good. If anything, people's inabilities to really press a characters weakness gives you a lot of room to overcome.

I'm not saying she won't get weaker, but looking at her kit I find it VERY hard to believe she will hit the uncompetitive level. I find it very easy to believe that she won't be running a train on everyone though.

Well I'm not from america so I can't comment with confident so I will pass on that. In the end my original reply is being cute isnt enough and ramlethal isnt as cute compare to dizzy so i have no loyalty there lol.

And on competitive character it depends on your threshold some do consider that ranks in the 3 third tier where 1st tier are at the top to be uncompetitive as in not a winning contender and i do emphasis winning.

As of the last information I have heard (loketest 2)  Ramlethal is fine.  Some people even had her listed as one of the stronger characters.  They reverted most of the loketest 1 nerfs when she was really considered dead.  That being said she is still getting nerfed lmao.  I can't really see myself playing any other character in Xrd barring any new chars and as long as Ramlethal isn't straight bottom tier I don't think it will bother me.

Also Ramlethal is cuter than Dizzy free.

Ramlethal is the cutest GG char ever fight me.

As of the last information I have heard (loketest 2)  Ramlethal is fine.  Some people even had her listed as one of the stronger characters.  They reverted most of the loketest 1 nerfs when she was really considered dead.  That being said she is still getting nerfed lmao.  I can't really see myself playing any other character in Xrd barring any new chars and as long as Ramlethal isn't straight bottom tier I don't think it will bother me.

Also Ramlethal is cuter than Dizzy free.

Ramlethal is the cutest GG char ever fight me.

Her setplay is still there. Her neutral just got nerfed.

Strategy? Spacing? I just keep swinging until I hit something.

You're doing it right

Speaking of which, I just found out that 5k 6k is actually a gatling and I was trying to find out if I could get any cheesy resets from it. The best I could find was H sword far away, wallsplat c.s f.s j.2h dash 5k 6k H sword hits. Yes it's a bad reset but who's supposed to know Ramlethal can't gatling from 5k into a low but can into a high anyway.

Played around with the 5K, 6K gatling and I found one set up that might be useful. Works best in the corner or if the swords are point blank to the opponent but midscreen there was usually some timing issues. 2KP/5KP, 2S, YRC, dash 5K, 6K, 2S hits, etc... I didn't test with 2HS but it should work the same way. Yes, there's a gap during the 2S and after YRC for the opponent to try an interuppt but player conditioning comes into play. I've gotten it to work in matches against people who are familiar with the Ramlethal match up but I'm sure at a much higher level this won't work.

There's also pretty much no way to combo off fuzzy j.k without swords or mortal counter. Air Detruo doesn't leave you with a combo even if you RC j.k IIRC.

I hereby correct myself after I went back to look at this cheesy neutral fuzzy. The fuzzy in question used is point blank c.s rising j.k when the opponent blocks the c.s standing. There are two combos that can be used to convert off fuzzy j.k.

c.s rising j.k RC delay a bit j.h c.s Daruo. Used when you have H sword equipped.

c.s rising j.k RC delay a bit j.k delay a bit j.p c.s Daruo. Used when you have H sword deployed.

The fuzzy completely does not work on Faust, May and Leo.

The fuzzy does not work on I-no if she gets hit by c.s. If she blocks c.s the fuzzy can work.

The fuzzy does not work on Chipp, Slayer, Axl and Venom if they get hit by c.s. If they block c.s the fuzzy can work. In addition, following up the fuzzy with RC j.k j.p will leave these characters too far for c.s to combo. However, if the initial c.s is IB-ed, the j.k j.p variation will work as per normal. The j.h variation works regardless whether the first c.s is IB-ed or not.

The fuzzy does not work on Potemkin and Bedman if they normal block the initial c.s. Both variations j.k j.p and j.h will fail to combo. Both combos work if they are hit by or IB the initial c.s.

Of course, this only works if you have 50 meter to RC and if the opponent is standing when you do a point blank c.s. Some ways to set it up include low airdash j.pppp dash c.s and Detruo dash c.s.

Do correct me if I missed anything out.

Well thats sounds interesting since i knew rc adds more hit stop or something creating xrd illegal combo lol.

However i do want to try that using her natural j.k jc j.k fuzzy. Since it makes more sense for people to be blocking high.

Thinking about compiling all of the mix up set ups posted here into a seperate thread. A lot the mix ups we're discussing aren't oki set ups and the information is easily buried in this thread so it seems better to organize it in a seperate thread. Thoughts?

Its more like motivation to update the existing oki thread declines when you have a new game patch coming in a few days.

But otherwise it does need updating, although I did want someone to write about her neutral pressure since i ve been playing with sword delay and yrc you can actually do a lot more than just f.s or throw random swords.

Her combo needs some addition e.g rc combo for stray hits into corner and kd

E.g throw rc delay 623p delay c.s 623p ppp or 5kpp ppp.

Air throw near corner with swords

Air throw rc ad delay j.s delay j.d dash c.s j.d or iad jksd

At corner with no swords equip

Air throw rc ad land c.s j.d dash ppp standard double deploy combo.

Neutral gimmicks

F.s 214p delay yrc iad crossover j.s land c.s 623p.

F.s iad jp link j.k cross over

I'm reading the changelog on http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/13/arc-system-works-reveals-second-round-of-changes-for-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-update-set-to-launch-in-march/ and it seems that they only nerfed Ramlethal's damage by about 20 on average and about 35 on Trance enders. Swords being struck may sound big but I'm leaning towards it being over-exaggerated. Daruo being a frame slower sucks versus some matchups like Sol and Potemkin and allows some new punishes from 4f moves on IB but being careful with spacing and not autopiloting c.s Daruo all the time should negate this nerf. Trance didn't even get hit that hard. It's still ridiculous if you compare it to Dark Angel.

I don't know how old this is or how late I am, but if ASW doesn't nerf Ramlethal further at this current point, I'd say that she can pretty much play 1.1 like the way she plays at the moment. I was hoping for a buff to combo out of 3k more consistently but I guess it isn't happening yet.

Her combos might be a bit weaker but might drop less, especially against lighter characters (like Ram herself) with better hitbox on PP and with new PK4P-route. Who knows, the next super consistent corner carry combo on lights (or anyone) might be cS>2D>Dauro>PK>PK4K>KKP>PPP.

I really like reduced startup on 5K. This gives Ram a move she kinda didn't have that filled a poking purpose after 2KPP/KKP. On block she was out of range for cS and anything with range had too much startup to take advantage of the delicious +3. With faster 5K she might have it. Faster j2D is also very interresting considering the enormous hitbox on that move. 

As long as there aren't any unlisted nerfs (please god no) I agree I think Ram will still be strong just some of her more over the top stuff toned down.

Really interested in the new 4K. With additional hitstun longer combos in the corner post splat should still be able to give 4K knockdown and since that move pulls them out of the corner our corner mixup game may be even better.

I want to see how Ram stacks up against the other characters as she unquestionably got weaker and quite a few characters received a slew of buffs.

Also I need to see video footage of what happens when someone hits a sword. I don't really like that change at all personally since sword timing atm is so crucial and already rather difficult against good players.  However like people said it may turn out to be interesting counterplay and a way for Ram to bait people into bad buttons.

im actually looking forward to this change, where we could try to punish bad attempts at negating the swords be it with another sword or with ram's main body sort of like what like Rachel does with George xiii (the frog)

it will also be stupidly funny if they absorb the hit for you like dizzy's fish; lots of reversals baited automatically!