Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

He also mentioned that he's happy that her cuteness has NOT been adjusted in 1.1!

Now that would've been a nail in the coffin for my part. :3

For me anyway you need good neutral to go into oki. If neutral takes a hit oki wont mean anything if you dont reach that point and there also bursting and DA since os vs burst and DA is gone it will be hard read into predicting those.

I look at ino in ac or even slash she has very good oki even s class tier in oki but it was her neutral often that plauge her from going into oki to achive that end game.

Now to see how it goes lol.

As somebody who's been dabbling in Xrd I-No, I have to agree with you zaeris.  If her neural is too weak now, we might be in trouble.  That being said, she's still got a lot of her game, and I'm sure people will find some new stuff with the new routes and Combination Attacks, along with her improved meter build and buffed Calvados.  I just hope that she remains a fairly versatile character, since her freedom of play is what attracted me to her in the first place.  She certainly doesn't look like she's on that Makoto or Terumi status yet, so it could certainly be MUCH worse, but I guess I'm just bothered because it seems like she's getting more nerfs than any of the other top tiers, even though Zato, Milia, Elphelt, and even Faust might be considered better/more successful than she is.  But if I survived USF4 Seth, I can survive 1.1 Rammy!

Okay, maybe she's more in-tact than I thought. Hard to tell without patch notes. Didn't make SammDauro more punishable, or do something else to it? I don't think it'll hurt her too much, but it seemed notable to me.

I remember someone saying that Karinchu's playstyle probably wouldn't be viable in 1.1 due to the damage nerfs, which made sense based on what we knew back then.

Funny how the situation is reversed now, her damage seems fine sans fullscreen carry 200dmg combos (I guess?), but sword neutral is what got hit lol

I've always been more comfortable having the S sword equipped, so the nerf shouldn't affect me too much.

Until more people start being patient and don't get hit by every f.S I throw out that is

Okay, maybe she's more in-tact than I thought. Hard to tell without patch notes. Didn't make SammDauro more punishable, or do something else to it? I don't think it'll hurt her too much, but it seemed notable to me.

Green Daruo now -2 on block and -5 on IB so 4f moves can punish it on IB. Space the Daruo better or don't get predictable with it (especially after f.s because everyone expects it and IBs it).

Green dauro already punishable by 4f-moves after IB. But that's hard, it's much easier to just throw Ram between fS and dauro.

Dauro is already -5 on IB. It's level 3 and those give 4F advantage if you IB them. My local chipp is always on the lookout for Dauro on block and able to punish it with 5K.

With -6 in the new version it'll get even worse, as some S normals got 6F startup.

I suppose the change makes Dauro more of a punishing tool than something you throw out on pressure.

I suspect the intended use is like...

Example: Catch Ky doing an air Stun Edge, Chase backdashes, punish moves from farther ranges, etc.

tl;dr Nothing new. It's just a bit riskier to throw out Dauro during pressure without any meter to RC/YRC.

Shutouts to TheArn for doing us proud and getting 25th at Final Round, as well as being the ONLY Ranmy to place at the event! Big props to you man!

Shutouts to TheArn for doing us proud and getting 25th at Final Round, as well as being the ONLY Ranmy to place at the event! Big props to you man!

Thanks. I felt like I could have done better vs Potent Shell but overall Im satisfied with my performance. Im not at the level where I dont drop combos yet so it was appropriate.

Beating Marlinpie in the team tournament was the highlight of my weekend tho lmao.

As far as 1.1 ram goes she seems same -the deploy nerf but that seems like something we can play around.

Some matchups will no doubt get much harder like axl but thats just how it is.

Here's an unconventional AA you can use to clutch games out with:

Far range Cassius YRC Calvados. As far as I know the glitch isn't fixed next version and Calvados being buffed to 7f super freeze startup from 12f means this will be a lot stronger.

Here's an unconventional AA you can use to clutch games out with:

Far range Cassius YRC Calvados. As far as I know the glitch isn't fixed next version and Calvados being buffed to 7f super freeze startup from 12f means this will be a lot stronger.

I'm at work atm so I can't take a look at it myself.

What does it do, besides chiping my opponent? Is there an UB glitch with two projectiles hitting at the same time in the game?

Universally, projectiles keep moving during super freeze. It's something you see Elphelt's use a lot with grenade and the rocket super where it effectively makes it '0f start-up'. Same concept, albeit not really as powerful as that. Still an option though if you have all that meter/both swords equipped, and want to blow them out of the sky in ultra anime fashion, and really, who doesn't. Dat cut-in.

I went to mess around with Calvados today seeing that not many Ramlethal players use it, and I think it's horribly underrated. It does 14% chip on block, and this damage is not reduced by guts or defense modifiers because it's chip damage. If your opponent FDs the entire Calvados he pretty much loses 75% meter not taking any chip damage. It also cannot be jumped out if your opponent is still on the ground after the superflash, although it does reduce the chip to about 9% or so.

And it's getting faster and larger next game. Food for thought for people who will still play Ramlethal after the nerfs.

Yeah, I mentioned previously how Karinchu likes to do something like j.P x N, j.8D, land, Calvados. A lot of the times his opponents would tech right into the Calvados or eat a lot of chip damage if they don't FD. As you said, even if they do FD it they usually end up losing all of their meter for it. 

I like the changes and I almost always have the swords equipped unless I get a knockdown or feel my opponent has a lot of trouble with a deployed sword, so the changes don't affect me too much. And yes I think Calvados is underrated too; not to say it's amazing but it does have it uses.

The move is so ridiculous. I'm pretty sure after midscreen 5ppp, if the opponent has no meter left to FD, a meaty Calvados will do more damage than 5ppp into OTG Explode.

Indeed, the problem with it is that Ramlethal can do better with her meter elsewhere. The best application of Calvados that I can think of so far is to use it as the opponent is about to air tech, YRC it and dash forward 4p. Given that Calvados pretty much takes the opponent's meter down to zero, the lack of FD versus 4p gives Ramlethal a free combo and maybe a cornered opponent.

So are we going to make seperate 1.1 Ramlethal general and video threads or do we plan to just talk about and post vids to the existing threads?

I am beginning to see footage of new Ram but I don't know where to post or talk about it.

As far as Calvados goes I don't use it often as I never really have both swords equipped after a couple of seconds into the match.  I'll experiment with it more after j.ppppp j.8d though. I have seen that pay off for karinchu many times.

I agree that a new general thread for version 1.1 should be made. One of things I hate about SRK with SF4 is that one thread covers a character from vanilla to ultra sf4 which is stupid. If a new player is trying to learn a character and reads the thread it's difficult for them to figure out what's applicable and what's obsolete. I think it's better to start a new thread for version 1.10 and move all discussions about her changes to that thread. We can still use this thread since version 1.10 is not available to console users just yet.

We might as well go on and make it. We aren't doing much except discussing whether or not she's still viable. Which I believe the general consensus is that she'll be okay but the neutral took a heavy hit, which wasn't too bad. This thread won't be closed or locked so we can still post console fraudulence in this one.