Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I'm only surprised that you don't like Cassius. 

I don't like its long startup for its utility. The arc would be ok if the startup was better.

Stun edge YRC and Gunflame YRC are REALLY good tools because of the quick startup and massive pressure/dominance it gives the player just using it, allowing them to counter anything the opponent is doing and/or giving good pressure. Chemical love YRC is ridiculous. Axl can now YRC sickle and that alone raised him from bottom tier trash to top tier and is a true testament to how strong a good projectile YRC can be in this game.

Cassius YRC is a joke in comparison. It's not even half as good. It's so not-as-good that cassius YRC isn't a thing. You don't have to fear it, you don't have to respect it. It's like projectile YRC is a strong thing, but for some reason cassius is not. It's too situational, feels flawed. I might not be using cassius as much but that's because I see no good use for it.

But yeah, 2D as a footsie tool is pretty decent because of the crazy award she gets for such a fast low.

Cassius is actually good except for the startup and the fact that it dissolves before going off screen.

For me i find cassius abit flawed. The arc can be problematic but thats because im more used to dizzy k and s scyher movement which has better ground and air control. If it travel faster at its current speed a horizontal projectile gains more. But since it arcs upwards in a rather steep angel after hitting a certain distance horizontally it could benifit from a slow speed. Atm its best use at full screen which doesnt require yrc as such.

I would like the arc to be steeper. To further hinder air approaches.

Do Rammy IK combos exist? I've never seen one.

I know of one. Can be done from standard combo in corner with swords out, something like this:

PPP splat cS fS j2H land 4PP (2H hits) IK-mode > IK

Timing is kinda strict, you do 4PP because of lower recovery, if you IK too fast it will be a RC instead which is unwanted. You have to do the IK right as 2H hits, then 236236H will hit if you do it immediately afterwards.

2 really easy ones but need 100 meter and a corner

236k>RC>IK activation>236236hs

623p>5ppp>RC>IK activation>236236hs

You do not need the corner to do 236k RC IK.

Corner both swords equipped c.s 5h j.8d IAD j.k delay j.s delay j.8d IK animation dash 5ppp IK.

I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DB67DF1E43B4A4E

Edit: I've been testing a midscreen crossup setup the uses YRC Deturo and I want to know what you guys think.

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H(Must be H Sword)>Deturo YRC>J.K [Fake crossup. Looks like crossup...isn't.]

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H>Deturo YRC>J.S(S Sword must be equiped)

In order for this setup to work you must have both swords equipped. Let me know what you guys think or any other opitons for it. I think it's a pretty cute gimmick pretty stylish too. I also haven't tested this on everyone so.....yeah lol

This would be easier to demonstrate is I have some recording software but the most I could do is shitty phone quality......and I don't think anybody wants to see that *shudders* (unless you really want me to?)

2 really easy ones but need 100 meter and a corner

236k>RC>IK activation>236236hs

623p>5ppp>RC>IK activation>236236hs

It's possible to do 236k dash IK pk dash pk into stuff newr corner then ppp 236236hs. So mid screen with just 50% can suffice.

I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DB67DF1E43B4A4E

Edit: I've been testing a midscreen crossup setup the uses YRC Deturo and I want to know what you guys think.

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H(Must be H Sword)>Deturo YRC>J.K [Fake crossup. Looks like crossup...isn't.]

C.s>Daruo>5PK>5KPP>6H>Deturo YRC>J.S(S Sword must be equiped)

In order for this setup to work you must have both swords equipped. Let me know what you guys think or any other opitons for it. I think it's a pretty cute gimmick pretty stylish too. I also haven't tested this on everyone so.....yeah lol

This would be easier to demonstrate is I have some recording software but the most I could do is shitty phone quality......and I don't think anybody wants to see that *shudders* (unless you really want me to?)

New application for kpp is interesting. What about optimising the damage or does that create more spacing issue. Example, c.s 623p dash pk dash pk kp c.s 623p kpp stuff.

Counting out the fact that Ramlethal should be aiming to corner to corner opponents should she land c.s Daruo or any clean hit (invalidating midscreen setups in general), do you think your setup would be better than midscreen 5kk setups?

I think it would be wise to incorporate all of them. Let's say you're not close enough to the other corner and you want to side swap, do this. Also, the crossup variation has been avoiding Kys dp as well. However you're right you def want to take them to the corner. But as far as midscreen mixups go I think this one has potential since if you get the hit you will get another daruo corner carry combo of your choice. You can also opt out of the side switch if it's desired.

Midscreen mixups aside. I say do whatever gets you the hit. They'll end up in the corner anyways

Counting out the fact that Ramlethal should be aiming to corner to corner opponents should she land c.s Daruo or any clean hit (invalidating midscreen setups in general), do you think your setup would be better than midscreen 5kk setups?

I find kp6hs for me my new mid screen kd because it

Doesnt knock them back as much compared to kk. Better positioning for cross over ectera.

Doesnt require pk4k combination but rather pk dash pk kp for a 2 hit confirm into dauro.

Can be use with most starting proration e.g 1 hit to 4 hit starter then dauro.

The problem with any mid screen set up or trying to use it is tension. Since it relies on no swords you're basicly giving up tension from a corner kd going for mid screen instead.

Rather you could be corner carry and harrassing with 6hs instead.

Its something i wouldnt advised unless you have build a considerable amount during matches. Of course as skylone wrote above if it leads to an oppotunity why not. But like most player being wary of your opponents resources i.e dead angle and burst. So you've scored a successful mid screen but gets burst later on, while a win in itself you have less tension than your opponent who basically only got hit.

Well as long as you don't stretch the proration out too much, 5kk will always knock the guy down. You don't need to do specific combos to lead into 5kk knockdown.

The reason why I don't favour midscreen setups over doing corner to corner is because Ramlethal only gets a few clean hits with her horrendous neutral. I'd rather take the chance to bring them to the corner and hopefully kill them there over risking my opponent somehow blocking the midscreen setup and then suddenly it's back to the horrible neutral game again.

Truly, if midscreen setups work for you, you should just go ahead with them, but I just find the choice of doing so to be very sub-optimal because midscreen setups carry a risk (that the setup gets blocked) while in the corner you can just start your game with no risk to your superior position at all.

Going back to the neutral game is indeed a risk for me. Probably speaks volumes of how much Ramlethal's neutral game sucks and how much my neutral game sucks as well.

I personally think it's unhealthy and maybe even detrimental for a character to solely rely on one aspect of their overall gameplay. Rammy's corner game is strong but it's not vanilla strong anymore and people are just getting out of the corner if you miss your chance. All my test setup does is give you some extra leverage for momentum and make your opponent believe that they are not even safe on miscreen knockdowns. I take whatever knockdown I can get.

Edit:I have solid neutral so I get alot of solid hits lol. Depending on the character and player of course

I jump too much =|

F.s is just so not good enough

Those new midscreen setups look pretty neat Syklone. Is the 2nd one with the j.S after YRC Deturo a real crossup? Haven't tried these out for myself yet but planning to later today.

Anyways, I think that even though Ram is at her strongest in the corner, midscreen setups are still very helpful to know since you always want to keep your opponents dealing with new situations all the time to make it harder for them to adapt. I've been grinding on new setups/gimmicks for the past few days because doing my standard stuff isn't getting me anywhere anymore against higher level players who are used to seeing Ram's typical stuff. That, and I think I really need to study more Daiji videos lol.

petition to make f.s and j.s attack lv 5 2f startup with a range slightly longer than faust f.s/j.h

I jump too much =|

F.s is just so not good enough

No such thing as jumping too much with jS these days. Imo her best neutral normal at the moment. Especially jumpback jS to keep Ram safe while fishing for a CH.

Jumpback jS on CH

Neutral jS on CH

I seem to agree with the majority here, I too would rather get them in the corner and spend my meter there if I can help it. Why rely on her weakest aspect (neutral, midscreen) when I can rely on her competent and strong corner game?

Maybe ramlethal should be called f.s and j.s thats all she is lol and even then a j.s iad back doesnt stop a raging sol or ky. only in the corner can you use other options.

On a different note, why do we have shitty jH when May have godlike j2H? Arksys so dumb.

If baiken was around you would see a true j.H and its funny how its basically similar in animation and property.

4p is great but lack of a true gatling means you can't convert it into dauro while going into sweep is fine i.e 2kk but you get no tension and it can only lead to low.

2s and 2hs sword equip is actually a fair button higher risk and good reward, i rather they move more in that direction.

Petition to make f.s a level 3 move.

You could also make dauro 1 frame faster aka dizzy buff.

Those new midscreen setups look pretty neat Syklone. Is the 2nd one with the j.S after YRC Deturo a real crossup? Haven't tried these out for myself yet but planning to later today.

Anyways, I think that even though Ram is at her strongest in the corner, midscreen setups are still very helpful to know since you always want to keep your opponents dealing with new situations all the time to make it harder for them to adapt. I've been grinding on new setups/gimmicks for the past few days because doing my standard stuff isn't getting me anywhere anymore against higher level players who are used to seeing Ram's typical stuff. That, and I think I really need to study more Daiji videos lol.

petition to make f.s and j.s attack lv 5 2f startup with a range slightly longer than faust f.s/j.h

Yep. The J.S is a real crossup. I had the training dummy set to do both of them and it was working on me.